"One for the money" Ranger and Joe have been cast!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Just to get y'all in the mood...

Friday is quote day on Janet Evanovich's Facebook... here's the spotlighted quote for this week...

"I don't have a lot of domestic instincts," Ranger said to me, his attention fixing on the unidentifiable glob of goo in my hair, "but I have a real strong urge to take you home and hose you down." I went dry mouth. Connie bit into her lower lip, and Lula fanned herself with a file...

Okay, gotta go dig out the books now, just got One for the Money from the library since my own copy is MIA somewhere in my house...might re-read 'em in order or maybe just go right to number 8!

edit: just started reading comments on FB -- someone suggested Vicky Lawrence for Grandma Mazur -- that would be perfect!!!!

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
IMHO who I want to play a part is all about physical appearance. They are ACTORS, if The Queen is any good at her job, she could pull it off.

The Queen is merely a large black woman - and not even really that large. She still looks like she comes from a nice family and is basically a wholesome gal who drinks her milk, even when she's rapping old school. Definitely not ghetto.

Mo'nique, on the other hand....that's a ghetto beech right there.

Cowgirl

Although I deeply love "The Rock" and watch him in every movie he's in, I just can't see him as Ranger -- I know it's heresy to say this but he's got too many muscles/too much bulk. Ranger has muscles but he's lean. I've always pictured him as too-die-for good-looking,but not so muscular that you'd be afraid he'd squish you, ya know?

Yeah, The Rock is too bulky, although he's a looker. Ranger isn't so huge. Tank is way bigger than Ranger. Ranger is more lean and athletic, but still muscular.

:roflmao: I've thought about this a lot, apparently.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I just finished reading "Plum Spooky" a couple of weeks ago and have probably read at least half of the books in the series. My favorite escapist author. :yay:

I can definitely see The Rock as Ranger. I'll have to research the other guy. Hugh Jackman could definitely pull off Morelli.

I picture Cousin Vinnie as Joe Pesci - that whole NJ bad boy thing. Estelle Getty would have been perfect as Grandma but unfortunately she's gone now. :ohwell: Maybe Cloris Leachman? :shrug:

Plum? I can *almost* see Sandra Bullock in that role but she's too goody-goody in my mind. Marisa Tomei is closer in my opinion. Queen Latifah as Lula is a good choice. Tank I picture as Michael Clarke Duncan.

It will be interesting to see who ultimately winds up in those roles. :cheers:

I had to google him, am not familiar with him. I do agree.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Interesting...

Evanovich originally envisioned Sandra Bullock as Stephanie in the movie adaptation of One for the Money, and although the author had considered Anne Hathaway, according to a poll on the official website Bullock is still preferred by 61%. Katherine Heigl of Grey's Anatomy has reportedly landed the role. The naturally blonde Heigl has dyed her hair in preparation for the movie.

Stephanie Plum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We shall see if this is true. :coffee: