Ophthalmologist

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Ehesef said:
I like the place by Starbucks, they were all really nice and the Doc seemed to know her shiat.
The Doctors there seemed OK, however I disliked the staff that actually constructed my glasses. Wanted a pair of glasses with only distance and midrange prescriptions for driving and the first try included a reading prescription at the bottom. They tried to tell me I can't read without it and I had to reiterate my desire for DRIVING glasses and that I don't do a lot of reading while driving. Ordered the scratch resistant lenses and one summer on the bike rendered them useless. Asked them to buff them out and now they're like starbust camera filters. I'm going back to Bayshore.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
RoseRed said:
Yes, they have two.
But you can't just walk in you have to schedule an appointment....I ended up going to Pearl Vision---next to Rt 235 & 4 :yay: Only differnce from Wal-mart is I had to wait 3 days for my glasses but was very satisfied

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
deino2002 said:
But you can't just walk in you have to schedule an appointment....I ended up going to Pearl Vision---next to Rt 235 & 4 :yay: Only differnce from Wal-mart is I had to wait 3 days for my glasses but was very satisfied
Great to know, thanks!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
An ophthalmologist is a physician who specializes in the medical and surgical care of the eyes and visual system and in the prevention of eye disease and injury.

An optomitrist is a physician who evaluates eye care needs and has the ability to write preseriptions for glasses and contacts.

I think you probably just need an optomitrist, and not an ophthalmologist. But nonetheless, all the suggestions that you've received so far are for optomitrists anyway.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
BadGirl said:
An ophthalmologist is a physician who specializes in the medical and surgical care of the eyes and visual system and in the prevention of eye disease and injury.

An optomitrist is a physician who evaluates eye care needs and has the ability to write preseriptions for glasses and contacts.

I think you probably just need an optomitrist, and not an ophthalmologist. But nonetheless, all the suggestions that you've received so far are for optomitrists anyway.
Dur, that's what I meant. :biggrin:

S

Shutterbug

Chasey_Lane said:
Does Wal-Mart have an on-site doctor, though? I'd be going on Saturday most likely.
Yes, they do. I think the one doctor's name is Dr. Shields. He was really thorough and very nice.

janey83

Twenty Something
I've been to Pearle Vision (they're great) and sometimes I go on base...never had a complaint with Pearle, though. Good luck with the contacts, I plan on getting some when I get out of college.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
BadGirl said:

It's cause we knew what she meant but didn't want to make her feel dumb. :yay: Good going BG, geez.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
workin hard said:
:yeahthat: The Eye Care Center...The peeps were really nice and I got my glasses in 2 days..
They gave me my contacts that day, I had to go back in a week, they ordered the boxes while I was there and they were ready to be picked up in like a week. I've never had any experience with them and getting glasses. I never update my glasses prescription because I wear my contacts all the time. As long as I can see the TV before bed, the glasses are good :shrug: :nerd:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Dr Heavner at the Target Optical in California is great ! My son and I both see him for our contacts . :yay:

C

czygvtwkr

For and Optomitrist I second Dr Heavener, I went to him recently and he gave me a perscription that gave me better vision than I have had in my adult life.

If you want an opthamologist you can't beat Dr Lahari in Leonardtown, he is one of the best in the eastern US