Orthopedic Surgeon

OldHillcrestGuy

Need a recomendation for Orthopedic Surgeon in the Waldorf area, I may be needing one. Ive had a pain in my neck on and off for about 2 months, after second trip to the Primary care doctor with pain, he sent me for a xray and it came back with signifcant 'arthur' and a pinched nerve, which I already suspected. We are trying medication at the moment to see if it helps, but Im not seeing how this is going to unpinch something. I go back in about 10 days and then he said maybe MRI and referal to the OrthoS. I think it just needs some therapy and it should be allright. Just asking for maybe some recomends for a doctor who does some good therapy. Family have used Dr Cirillo in PF in the past and have been pleased.

misshelper

No but I've heard pretty decent stuff about Southern Maryland Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center in Leonardtown.

Nupe2

Greater Metropolitan Orthopedics - Greatermetroortho.com - They are located in Waldorf. Dr. Dennis Carlini repaired my Achilles and has also done a hip replacement for my wife. He is a little gruff at times but he is an outstanding surgeon.

They are located in Pembrooke Square.

jsouthan

Need a recomendation for Orthopedic Surgeon in the Waldorf area, I may be needing one. Ive had a pain in my neck on and off for about 2 months, after second trip to the Primary care doctor with pain, he sent me for a xray and it came back with signifcant 'arthur' and a pinched nerve, which I already suspected. We are trying medication at the moment to see if it helps, but Im not seeing how this is going to unpinch something. I go back in about 10 days and then he said maybe MRI and referal to the OrthoS. I think it just needs some therapy and it should be allright. Just asking for maybe some recomends for a doctor who does some good therapy. Family have used Dr Cirillo in PF in the past and have been pleased.

Have you thought about a chiropractor for some adjustments and therapy? I don't know of any in Waldorf, but have been to many that combine both the adjustments with traditional therapies such as ultrasound, electric stimulation, heat/cold treatments, etc. I have had great success with chiropractors and would definitely give it a shot before even thinking about surgery on my neck.

BLUIGAL

I would like to suggest a great Chiropractor in Charlotte Hall......Paul Winters next to St. Mary's Landing.....I have been there several times and he really helped me. It's worth a try........I would exhaust every option before considering Surgery....that's not a reversable treatment.

OldHillcrestGuy

Have you thought about a chiropractor for some adjustments and therapy? I don't know of any in Waldorf, but have been to many that combine both the adjustments with traditional therapies such as ultrasound, electric stimulation, heat/cold treatments, etc. I have had great success with chiropractors and would definitely give it a shot before even thinking about surgery on my neck.

I have considered it, I have a whole lot of experience with the Chiropracter, got my back, back in place about 15 years ago, had bulging disc that affected the siatick(sp) nerve took them about 6 weeks or more and I missed about 3 weeks of work but got me through it without surgery. I use to be able to go straight to the Chiro, now I have to go through my Primary care doctor and get refered. Use to go to Dr. Robinson when he was in Waldorf and then later when he moved down to California Md. I will suggest a Chiro to my doctor, some doctors dont have a high regard for Chiro's at least several years back they didnt, I dont know how my doc feels about them. I will certainly keep doc Winters in mind.

Hoover

I have been going for 25 or so years to Dr's Sabloff and Carlini in Waldorf. I love Dr. Sabloff - he is to the point and no fluff. Dr. Carlini has a dry personality but they are rated as one of the best surgeons in the Washington DC area.

nana

Nana
Anybody know anything about Dr Koth in Charlotte Hall, I know he is not a surgeon, but he might one to use for therapy.

koth is great for therapy or winters chiro drs yousaff and razack off post office rd are #1 I have personally due to my sons put at least 3 kids through college:yahoo:

bkjguy

Live Life to the Fullness
Anyone care to give a reason, other then hell no and ditto?
Personal reason, My Mom went to them, The Dr that did the knee replacement said her hip needed to get replace, Got a second Option From a Dr. In Calvert. Her knee that was replace by Southern Maryland Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center in Leonardtown, I won't give the name of the DR. But any how her knee replacement came apart. So If she had the hip replace, Her knee would of been still scew up. But that is my feelings for them.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I have been dealing with the Calvert Ortho group. I have basically the same, arthritis in the joints. It was aggravating my cyatic(sp) so bad that I got to the point I could hardly walk. I went to another ortho for a year and he didn't do a thing for me. I saw Dr Griffith (Calvert Orthopedic Groupin) and 1 shot in the hip and I have been pain free since last April... (2 visits). Dr. Cirillo just did surgery on my right wrist for 2 TFCC tears in it and so far so good but it's still to early I just started therapy. Stay away from Southern Maryland Orthopaedic....jmo

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Anyone care to give a reason, other then hell no and ditto?

I had ankle surgery there that had to be re-done. Also got a diagnosis from them that was very wrong, even though I told them I thought I knew what the problem was. They wouldn't do an MRI and said We "think" it's this, so lets go to therapy. They will push the therapy before really investigating the problem. Turns out, the therapy could not address this issue at all and an MRI would have confirmed that my own diagnosis was correct. The only reason I went to them recently is because they were close and I couldn't wait due to pain. I will never return to them. Ever.

devenny99

I've been going to Dr. Henderson (SOMD Ortho & Sports Medicine) for 9 years and have no problems at all. He did a knee replacement for me last year and just did another one and I'm feeling great and I'm pretty sire it will be the best thing I've ever done (just had last one done so too early to tell):yahoo:

chrissyhh

I've been going to Dr. Henderson (SOMD Ortho & Sports Medicine) for 9 years and have no problems at all. He did a knee replacement for me last year and just did another one and I'm feeling great and I'm pretty sire it will be the best thing I've ever done (just had last one done so too early to tell):yahoo:

My father had a total knee replacement 2 years ago with Dr. Bauk (SOMD Orthopedics & Sports Med.), everything went great, and he is scheduled to have the other one done next month with him. Dr. Bauk is great in our book!