Orthopedic Surgeon

havoc

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Shaheer Yousaf? Son has a fractured growth plate and we were referred to him. Hoping he's got a good reputation...

NURSCAMERON

Yes, he is a great choice! He is in the same office with Dr Razaq, which is a great chioce as well. They actually care about your concerns and show compassion! I am a nurse and am VERY selective when it comes to picking a dr out for myself, as we kinda have a look behind the scenes. I'm confident your son will be fine!!!! Good luck.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Shaheer Yousaf? Son has a fractured growth plate and we were referred to him. Hoping he's got a good reputation...

He is a very nice guy but you must have a lot of time when you go for your visit. On average I spent over an hour, closer to 1 1/4 hours every appointment in the waiting room (hollywood office) to get in. He also didn't tell me I had a slipped disc and decided to inject cortisone in my back instead four times. When that didn't work he sent me to the hospital to get the three separate injections directly into my spine which didn't work either. He sent me to months of physical therapy which was very expensive even though I only had to pay co-pay three times a week for months. After a year without any noticeable results, I changed doctors and found out I had a slipped disc that needed surgery. I am now on a few pain med's and muscle relaxers and have felt a lot better ever since while trying to gather the courage to get it surgically repaired with two months of recuperation without lifting anything. But don't let this stop you from using him. Again I said he is nice and he always leaves the exam room with a "God bless you".

Mebelissa

He is an excellent doctor, both he and Dr. Razaq. I agree with the PP on the wait times though. I worked for him for 2 years in his office and it was common for people to wait 2 hours to be seen. He generally books 2-3 patients for each 15 minute slot. I would recommend making an early am appointment if you are going to go to him. If you choose to go somewhere else, Dr. Ferrero is a wonderful orthopedic too. He is in LaPlata, near Civista. I worked at Civista as well, so have a lot of "inside" experience with them. Dr. Ferrero is the chief of orthopedics there. Good luck!

havoc

Now we need a pediactric orhtopedic...

Just called Dr. Yousaf's to make an appt. and was told that since the fracture is on the growth plate, we must see a pediactric orthopedic doctor.

So they gave me a list of names Maryland and the only one even remotely around here is Debra Spatz in Solomons. Does anybody know anything about her, or any other pediactric orthopedics preferbably in Charles County?

Thanks!!

SoMDGirl42

Just called Dr. Yousaf's to make an appt. and was told that since the fracture is on the growth plate, we must see a pediactric orthopedic doctor.

So they gave me a list of names Maryland and the only one even remotely around here is Debra Spatz in Solomons. Does anybody know anything about her, or any other pediactric orthopedics preferbably in Charles County?

Thanks!!

Dr. Spatz does alot of sports medicine for the young athletes in the area. My son had two fingers broken. We actually saw another doctor in the same practice as Dr. Spatz.

Dr. Spatz did my shoulder surgery 4 years ago. I liked her ok. Long waits in the waiting room, but that seems to be the norm for othropedic docs.

J

jp2854

Dr. Spatz is wonderful. She takes time to listen and the wait has never been extremely long. She took care of me 3x so far and I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Thanks!!

keepsmiling

Dr. Spatz is the best. But I was told last week that they do not come to Solomons anymore? But they are located in Prince Frederick.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Debra Spatz in Solomons. !!

She and her partner were the first people to come to my mind.
I have not had to use her but from the people I know who have, she is a great person and damn fine doctor. I've heard nothing but good things.

havoc

Dr. Spatz isn't taking any patients right now. We're going to Dr. Ferrero. Thanks to everyone for your comments!