Other Childless by Choice Couples????

Erin

Forgive me if I'm repeating myself

A couple that I am friends with have a cute response to the question, "when are you having kids?"
They say, "oh, we can't have children." Then they are prompted with a 'why not?' And they reply, "Because we can't f'ng stand them." It is a joke of course, he saw it years ago on Saturday Night Live and has used it ever since. They enjoy 'other peoples kids, when they are on a leash.'

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Forgive me if I'm repeating myself

Originally posted by Erin
A couple that I am friends with have a cute response to the question, "when are you having kids?"
They say, "oh, we can't have children." Then they are prompted with a 'why not?' And they reply, "Because we can't f'ng stand them."

:killingme

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Forgive me if I'm repeating myself

Originally posted by Erin
They say, "oh, we can't have children." Then they are prompted with a 'why not?' And they reply, "Because we can't f'ng stand them." It is a joke of course, he saw it years ago on Saturday Night Live and has used it ever since. They enjoy 'other peoples kids, when they are on a leash.'

I'll have to remember those. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Barbra
I'm glad to have met some of you forumites w/ kids in tow. Example - RoseRed & Bch/Yakky's girls. They're cute as can be and smart little cookies to boot.
rev.gif
:blushing: Thanks Barbra :blushing:

Boones6433

Accidental Pregnancy

Personally, if I were to get pregnant by accident (i.e. birth control failed), I (along with my husband) would think long and hard about whether or not I was emotionally and financially ready to support this child for the rest of my life. If the answer was no, I would have an abortion - but that is my own personal decision.

If I decide to have children in the future and feel that one or two is enough then I would take permanent measures to prevent having more children than that to avoid additional accidental pregnancies.

I don't think it helps anyone to bring a child into this world that cannot be provided for both emotionally and financially. Sometimes I feel like some people put more thought into purchasing a vehicle/house or a pet than into having a child.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Accidental Pregnancy

Originally posted by Boones6433
Sometimes I feel like some people put more thought into purchasing a vehicle/house or a pet than into having a child.
Well I certainly put more thought into a vehicle, the kids happened, no planning required (actually working not to have any at that time), and a vehicle is something I would most definitely put a lot of thought into.

But another aspect of young parenthood, I am not quite 50 yet, the 4 kids are out on their own, got 3 grandkids to play with, and we are starting to enjoy an easier and more affluent life. Not to mention that I was young and healthy enough to play with them when they were growing up.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Originally posted by jazz lady
:yeahthat: I'm not sure if I really made a conscious decision to NOT have kids, but it never happened and probably never will. I'm not going to fret over not having kids.

My mom has grandkids through my sister, so she's happy. :lol:

Same here...I spent 20 yrs in the US Navy, got married when I was in my late 20's and have been married for 17 yrs. I made a conscious choice Not to be one of those chicks who got pregnate (see I don't even think I know how to spell it :biggrin: ) and then either took off on deployment for 6 months, or became a slacker and coulndn't stand duty because they had kids. After a few years, nothing "unexpected" happened and we grew to like being childless. My sister has 3 kids, and 2 grandkids, so my parents are happy. It's been good for us, and I don't regret it one bit.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by Barbra
It may be selfish, but we're happy.
ura.gif
Selfish, nothing. It's your life. IMO you should live it as you see fit. Some folks say "marriage is for having children," but don't let that turn your head. Imagine how much worse the global population explosion would be if it were truly a requirement!

Boone, Barbra, PFgal--hell, everyone!--Live well and be happy, I say. FWIW.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Let me tell you what's selfish, Sweetie Pea - having a child that you have neither the time, energy, money or desire to care for. I admire couples who don't want children and don't give in to the pressures of would-be grandmas and aunties.
:yeahthat:

Jimbo

Dirty Old Man in Training
IMHO

IMHO...

There isn't anything wrong with deciding not to have children; I belive that not enough couples make that choice. What I mean is, with the number of children up for adoption, the number of unwanted newborns, etc... I wish more people considered what's "available" for lack of a better term.

We have lots of pet rescues and adoptions in the world, how about doing something for the children? The standards of living in less fortunate populations is horribly low, yet people continue to bring in new life.

Maybe I'm off my rocker.. but I belive that a lot of people should be spayed or neutered to control the people population. There are a lot of couples \ people who want children and can't have them, there are a lot of children who don't have parents and want them... 1+1...

I know its not real world. I know, I know. I know that a lot of people are scared of adoption because they don't want a re-treaded child. Both of my sisters were adopted and aren't at 100%... close, but not quite.. but I love them just the same. They're good people, and I'm glad my parents took the chance, for them, and for us as a family.

Jimbo

Dirty Old Man in Training
Truth Be Told

Truth be told,

I want a kid or two, but I'm not sure I want a wife. Nothing homosexual about it, the only c0ck I like is my own... I'm just saying that after seeing most of my family divorce, and most of them after 20+ years each, and seeing my friends and their families do the same... why bother? I'd love to have the story book family, but face it, its not really a reality anymore.

I could be a great Dad to somebody else's kid.. not that I'm shopping for it, I mean, but whether its one of my own or not, I'd eventually like to have a curtian climber to corrupt.

:jet: