Ouch.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Just think of all the welfare money that's going to be spent on gas, or the food stamp allotment that doesn't buy as many twinkies anymore - makes me snicker a bit.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
There is one bright spot tho - my 21 yo was shocked when $25.00 barely gave him 1/2 a tank. "Well son - you think that's bad - try grocery shopping for yourself." He is now looking even harder for a job :)

bcp

In My Opinion
I thought this tax increase took effect July 1 ?

But Im going to VA this weekend so I figured I would just get it while Im there.

its all part of my single man Boycott Maryland plan.

(actually I doubt that the state will notice me not buying here, but it makes me feel better.)

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Just think of all the welfare money that's going to be spent on gas, or the food stamp allotment that doesn't buy as many twinkies anymore - makes me snicker a bit.
I ran into Shoppers one day last week after my workout, and there was a couple using an Independence card to buy 2 lobster tails ($19.99 each), a container of crab meat ($9.99), and some chilled Starbucks drinks (4-pack @ roughly $5). :smile:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I ran into Shoppers one day last week after my workout, and there was a couple using an Independence card to buy 2 lobster tails ($19.99 each), a container of crab meat ($9.99), and some chilled Starbucks drinks (4-pack @ roughly $5). :smile:

Now that is just wrong.

A good German import is what they should have bought to go with that seafood combination.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

which Shoppers? Were they cold water tails?

I've seen people spend the whole card in 1 trip and have to pay the extra in cash... and all they had was steak, seafood, chips, and sodas. Must be nice to be able to eat so well on someone else's money - some of those people eat much better than I do and I work for a living!

bcp

In My Opinion
:gasp: best of luck to you on long road trips - sheesh ..... you may have to take out a loan to pay for the fuel LOL

I get 23 or 24 unloaded highway. Not much worse than some of the "economy" models.
Then we have the Jetta TDI, 58+ highway 47 around town.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wow I couldnt even imagine what thats like to fill up so cheap.
At 29 cents a gallon it would cost $2.91 to fill my average 9 gallons in the car. Wow you cant even get one gallon for that price now.

Back in the early 90s, my squadron was helping to enforcing the post Gulf War embargo in the Red Sea. The officers had one van, we enlisted all seven of us, had another, one of those Mitsubishi ones where you sit next to the engine:) We were issued a card good for gas at one certain kind of gas station, one with a green sign. We forgot and filled up at a different station, and were frantically surveying the cash on hand. We had just come back from a mission, and most of us didnt take cash flying, no point.

Then the attedant tells us how much in riyals. Quick conversion........like 3 bucks. Was like ninteeen cents a gallon.

which Shoppers? Were they cold water tails?

I've seen people spend the whole card in 1 trip and have to pay the extra in cash... and all they had was steak, seafood, chips, and sodas. Must be nice to be able to eat so well on someone else's money - some of those people eat much better than I do and I work for a living!

What you seeing there is most likely there result of "50 for 100". Where the wefare mommy gets 50 in cash from someone, and gets a shopping list to get 100 worth of groceries. Never knew of this until I worked a month after getting out of the service pulling cable in Bldg 2187. That job didnt attract the best sort. The better ones kept appointments with their parole officer.

calvertgirl

In the late 60s/early 70s, my dad had a VW van/bus....$2.00 got him a full tank PLUS his choice of a steak knife or drinking glass. I think my mom still has that set of knives in the RV...along with the set of melamine dishes they had when they were first married over 50 years ago. They just don't make stuff like they used to...LOL

Back on the subject....a Ford Excursion with the 6.8L gas engine and a 44-gallon tank....12 mpg....at $3.89/gallon. I can't calculate numbers that high on my fingers, so the gas hog is parked for the foreseeable future...:(

:bawl::bawl:

bcp

In My Opinion
In the late 60s/early 70s, my dad had a VW van/bus....$2.00 got him a full tank PLUS his choice of a steak knife or drinking glass. I think my mom still has that set of knives in the RV...along with the set of melamine dishes they had when they were first married over 50 years ago. They just don't make stuff like they used to...LOL

Back on the subject....a Ford Excursion with the 6.8L gas engine and a 44-gallon tank....12 mpg....at $3.89/gallon. I can't calculate numbers that high on my fingers, so the gas hog is parked for the foreseeable future...:(

:bawl::bawl:

For the last few weeks I have been driving in with my wife, I drop her off, then go back to my place of employment, we use the Jetta and let the Truck sit. It kills me to drive that little thing with those barbie car size mirrors, but Im saving about 70 a week right now, so I suffer. And to make it worse, I end up giving my job an extra 5 hours a week for free.

ewashkow

I heard that gas was supposed to hit $5 a gallon by Memorial Day. Anyone else hear this or do I have my number wrong?

bcp

In My Opinion

Yes she is,

as well as the rest of us that pay the tax that allows these flea ridden leaches to purchase quality food while we try to figure out how to feed our own families as cheap as we can.

She is stupid, just as stupid as the rest of us that continue to allow this instead of telling these filthy leach hog scum to work or starve.

You called her out, and you are right.

bcp

In My Opinion

You do realize that the welfare crowd will just get a raise in order to make up for the cost of living right?