Outlook won't send emails

Rt235

Here is where the Verizon circle of HELL! takes me:

http://www.verizon.com/support/resi...d/email/setup+and+use/questionsone/124306.htm

I did this the first time, only changing the outgoing settings for my Somd accounts. The test passed, but no email is sent in actual practice.

I'll try it again.

This is irritating.

Call Comcast...there is a bug (not a virus) that is causing the STMP to mess up...I spent the better part of some early hours with tech support..
Basically it is making sure your SSL and port are correct...try port 995/...good luck!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I believe I saved all my xl's and word doc just to be safe, all the email stayed on the Metro server ....

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
*bump*

AHHHHHH!!!! Help me!!! :jameo: :cds:
Don't know if this applies.

We need to make you aware that after April 4, 2014 you will not be able to access your Verizon.net email account on any device that does not have the correct POP email settings. Please take action and update your POP email server settings.

To make the changes required to continue accessing email on all of your devices, please use our quick online setup guide by visiting verizon.com/emailassist or use the information below to manually make these changes to any devices you use to access your Verizon email:
Server Current Setting New Setting SSL Enabled Port
POP3 Server incoming.verizon.net pop.verizon.net YES 995
SMTP Server outgoing.verizon.net smtp.verizon.net YES 465
P.S. The formatting looked better before you stuck an ad next to it.

My outgoing SMTP is set up to use port 25 at outgoing.verizon.net, have to use your verizon account username/pass.

Only diff is that I'm on a DSL circuit, not broadband, but I would think the POP email works the same.

I never heard of any changes coming down, and mine is still working. If it stops working, I'll know why. Hate calling their tech support. Most of them speak poor English.

Last edited: