Packing heat in AZ to become easier soon

Vince

Yeah, cuz if you would have looked it up you would have found out that Vermont has NO gun restrictions except for certain restricted areas.

There is no permit requirement, and open carry is legal.

This AZ law is commonly referred to as a "Vermont Carry Law".

Vermont is the 49th State for violent crime per capita.

Thanks for helping point this out.
Yep, and the state with the most gun laws and one of the highest crime rates in the country....Maryland. You'd think they would get a clue.

TurboK9

FL put castle doctrine into written law and included the protection to extend to your automobile. Prediction? "It'll be like the wild west!" Reality? Crime rate dropped.

MN went to a shall issue law. Prediction? People shooting cops at traffic stops, crime rate skyrocketing, etc. Reality? Crime rate dropped.

Washington DC enacted a handgun ban. Prediction? Crime rate would drop. Reality? Violent crime rose by 23%. Washington DC had handgun ban revoked by Supreme Court as unconsitutional. Result? Crime rate dropped.

Uh, so, what is it these nay-sayers don't get?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Anyway... you will also note that VT is near the bottom of the list in population of gangstas and the presence of urban slums. :yay:

Ah, now we come to THE issue; what is the cause of the violence in urban rough neighborhoods, the people and conditions or the fact they they do not have the full rights (and responsibilities) of a citizen?

I would argue it is, clearly, the latter. Further, I would argue that it doesn't even matter if it is the former; we don't have economic or race exceptions in the Constitution.

Pushrod

Patriot
"The Wild West is about to get wilder - on Thursday, Arizona will join Alaska and Vermont as one of the states with the country's most liberal gun laws.

Senate Bill 1108 removes the requirement that gun owners must be trained and licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

Packing heat in AZ to become easier soon[/url]

You fail again at your cut and paste rhetoric again nonno. The only place the Wild West from less Second Amendment infringment takes place is in the progressives propaganda machine. :smack:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Arizona should make pamphlets with a list of free services available in the sanctuary city of LA!!! :coffee:

If they want to support illegals, they should truly SUPPORT them...

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
:smack:
Stupid sh!t like this plays right into the gun control lobby's hands. Congrats, idiot.
F*ck you Ed. And f*ck your beaners too!! Keep their asses in Mexico and they wont get shot. Gun control idiots aren't doing so well in AZ now are they? Moron.

TurboK9

Here's a question....

The MD constitution includes a provision which enables the citizenry to force to referendum any action taken by the state legislature....

Has a 'shall issue' law ever been tabled and voted down by the state? If so, and, did anybody think to gather the signatures necessary to force the issue to referendum? Granted, getting enough signatures would be work, but it would be entirely plausible given what seems to be a general desire for a shall issue law by the populace.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Here's a question....

The MD constitution includes a provision which enables the citizenry to force to referendum any action taken by the state legislature....

Has a 'shall issue' law ever been tabled and voted down by the state? If so, and, did anybody think to gather the signatures necessary to force the issue to referendum? Granted, getting enough signatures would be work, but it would be entirely plausible given what seems to be a general desire for a shall issue law by the populace.

Not when Maryland has a dumb ass governor that would just veto the new law if it ever came close to passing.

BOP

FL put castle doctrine into written law and included the protection to extend to your automobile. Prediction? "It'll be like the wild west!" Reality? Crime rate dropped.

MN went to a shall issue law. Prediction? People shooting cops at traffic stops, crime rate skyrocketing, etc. Reality? Crime rate dropped.

Washington DC enacted a handgun ban. Prediction? Crime rate would drop. Reality? Violent crime rose by 23%. Washington DC had handgun ban revoked by Supreme Court as unconsitutional. Result? Crime rate dropped.

Have you got a web site for those figures? I'm not doubting you, but I like to have facts when I argue with ID10T's (aka: libs/progressives). Facts confuse them greatly.

:buddies:

TurboK9

Have you got a web site for those figures? I'm not doubting you, but I like to have facts when I argue with ID10T's (aka: libs/progressives). Facts confuse them greatly.

:buddies:

Several.

LINK
"What we can say with some confidence is that allowing more people to carry guns does not cause an increase in crime. In Florida, where 315,000 permits have been issued, there are only five known instances of violent gun crime by a person with a permit. This makes a permit-holding Floridian the cream of the crop of law-abiding citizens, 840 times less likely to commit a violent firearm crime than a randomly selected Floridian without a permit." ("More Permits Mean Less Crime..." Los Angeles Times, Feb. 19, 1996, Monday, p. B-5)

John Lott and David Mustard, in connection with the University of Chicago Law School, examining crime statistics from 1977 to 1992 for all U.S. counties, concluded that the thirty-one states allowing their residents to carry concealed, had significant reductions in violent crime. Lott writes, "Our most conservative estimates show that by adopting shall-issue laws, states reduced murders by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%. If those states that did not permit concealed handguns in 1992 had permitted them back then, citizens might have been spared approximately 1,570 murders, 4,177 rapes, 60,000 aggravated assaults and 12,000 robberies. To put it even more simply criminals, we found, respond rationally to deterrence threats... While support for strict gun-control laws usually has been strongest in large cities, where crime rates are highest, that's precisely where right-to-carry laws have produced the largest drops in violent crimes."

Officers killed in shall issue states, study

Very Good Stats
In Florida, for example, a murder rate that was 36% above the national average when carry reform went into effect in 1987, fell by 1991 to 4% below the national average.

A little on DC....

Before the District banned handguns in 1976, the murder rate had been declining. But soon afterward, the rate climbed to the highest of all large U.S. cities. It also rose relative to nearby Maryland and Virginia as well as relative to other cities with more than 500,000 people. During the 31-year life of the ban, with the exception of a few years during which the city's murder rate ranked second or third, there have been more killings per capita in Washington, D.C. than in any other major city.

In 12 of the years between 1980 and 1997, including all nine years from 1989 through 1997, the violent crime rate in D.C. exceeded 2,000 per 100,000, reaching a high of 2,922 in 1993, versus 1,481 in 1976 — a 97 percent increase in violent crime, 17 years after citizens were forbidden from defending themselves with firearms. Moreover, the murder rate climbed as high as 81 per 100,000 inhabitants in 1991 — triple the pre-ban levels. As of 2005, the last year for which I have data, the murder rate is still 32 percent above the 1976 level.

Links are everywhere. Most use FBI stats, or local LE stats. Lefties simply don't pay attention to those. Stats aren't important to lefties.... :lmao: Math boggles them I guess...

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider

:dingding:

Those "nay-sayers" probably know that THEIR lives will be in danger when the people get legal access to guns. After all, I'm sure most here realize why there was a 2nd Amendment: to control an out of control government.
Their agenda is: anti freedoms and total control. I truly believe that there will be a blood bath in this country very soon if this government keeps pushing the people. I think they know it too.

And what ever happened to that Supreme Court ruling that declared gun bans un-Constitutional? Has the Md Shall Issue group challenged Omalley yet? Has the NRA? Has anyone?? Now's the time; only about 10 states left that need to get into compliance...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I just got back from AZ, the people there are so much nicer, more pleasant, thinner, better looking and in a much better mood than here. If I didn't have all my family ties here, I'd move.

glhs837

Power with Control
I remember when FL instituted the "Make my day" law, which allowed you to use deadly force, the press predicted blood in the gutters. Same thing for VA going to Shall Issue. I dont recall hearing any stories of such after the fact.

TurboK9

I remember when FL instituted the "Make my day" law, which allowed you to use deadly force, the press predicted blood in the gutters. Same thing for VA going to Shall Issue. I dont recall hearing any stories of such after the fact.

:yay:

I lived in MN when they went 'shall issue' and knew a state trooper that told me he was against it because he didn't want to get shot at a traffic stop... What a dumbass.

To date I haven't been able to find anything pointing to a lawfully carrying citizen shooting a cop at a traffic stop... and I've looked.

Vince

:dingding:

Those "nay-sayers" probably know that THEIR lives will be in danger when the people get legal access to guns. After all, I'm sure most here realize why there was a 2nd Amendment: to control an out of control government.
Their agenda is: anti freedoms and total control. I truly believe that there will be a blood bath in this country very soon if this government keeps pushing the people. I think they know it too.

And what ever happened to that Supreme Court ruling that declared gun bans un-Constitutional? Has the Md Shall Issue group challenged Omalley yet? Has the NRA? Has anyone?? Now's the time; only about 10 states left that need to get into compliance...
Hopefully, O'Malley will not be a factor after November, but getting a CC Permit in Maryland is still impossible. I know folks that put in for it and it keeps getting shot down. Not worth the time or effort to fill out the paperwork.