Panera Bread people

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.

The way some of the tables are set up at Panera is such that there is a bench and 2 accompanying stand alone chairs. I have sat next to people (I didn't know) if there was no other choice.

xobxdoc

Panrea Bread is NOT you office !!!! Its very frustrating when they are very busy, lunch time, and you see several people sprawled out over a table doing business/school work. Went in today at lunch time and there were at least three people (not together) with books and computers spread out over the table. Collectively they were taking up 10 seats...thats just plain rude.!!

And while I'm at it...Is there some kind of secret discount women get if they wear yogo pants... Cause, I swear every women in there today, that is what they were wearing...
Did you get a seat? Stop crying. Would you rather the men wear yoga pants?

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
They have to be a paying customer in order to camp at a table, you can't just sit there and not order anything. So as far as I can tell, OP is bent because a paying customer is taking up a table that he would like to have for himself, which is nonsense.

And he's mad because women wear yoga pants.

My point was only that a table for 4 taken up by 1 for a long amount of time is wasted space and lost money. Table for 1 not so much.

Don't care about yoga's, don't like don't look IMO on that matter. :)

:coffee:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
haha I most certainly do not. The Lululemon guy had a point...except he failed to realize that most of the people who "should never wear these pants in public" can't afford his yoga pants. However, the threat will always remain as long as WalMart sells lounge wear :coffee:

Huh?

FED_UP

Attachments

• yogo pants.jpg
    yogo pants.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 91

lucky_bee

RBF expert

"A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong," Jeffries told Salon. "Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.

Lululemon shunning plus-size shoppers

He's talking about the people who really stretch those yoga pants out so they're thinner than tissue paper and leave little to the imagination. While he has a point that these pants don't belong on everybody, his attitude pissed people off. Plus, usually the people that do that, can't afford Lululemon anyways. They get the WalMart knock-offs. :shrug:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
"A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong," Jeffries told Salon. "Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.

Lululemon shunning plus-size shoppers

He's talking about the people who really stretch those yoga pants out so they're thinner than tissue paper and leave little to the imagination. While he has a point that these pants don't belong on everybody, his attitude pissed people off. Plus, usually the people that do that, can't afford Lululemon anyways.They get the WalMart knock-offs. :shrug:

I got what he said long ago, wasn't sure what you were trying to say. Thought maybe I was reading it wrong. Guess not. Wow

officeguy

They are in the business of selling sandwiches and coffee, not in providing a place to hang out.
If you sign onto their wifi, you agree to their 'no spreading out during peak hours' policy. I have encountered those folks who turn the place into their office before, the fix is to go to the counter and ask for the shift manager to make a sweep through the place and open up some tables.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
haha I most certainly do not. The Lululemon guy had a point...except he failed to realize that most of the people who "should never wear these pants in public" can't afford his yoga pants. However, the threat will always remain as long as WalMart sells lounge wear :coffee:

That's quite an assumption. Are you saying most women larger than size 12 can't afford $78.00 yoga pants?

frequentflier

happy to be living
This thread reminds me of the shopping thread where someone referred to some people as "Oblivions".

Or maybe they are just self centered fidiots that don't give a flying fig about anyone but themselves.

Caution

They are in the business of selling sandwiches and coffee, not in providing a place to hang out.
If you sign onto their wifi, you agree to their 'no spreading out during peak hours' policy. I have encountered those folks who turn the place into their office before, the fix is to go to the counter and ask for the shift manager to make a sweep through the place and open up some tables.

Whaaaa???You mean the fix isn't getting on SOMD and WHINING about it?

Whoda thunk it?:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's quite an assumption. Are you saying most women larger than size 12 can't afford $78.00 yoga pants?

They can afford them but would probably choose not to.

Lululemon is a status symbol store.
Women who are status conscious are typically fashionably thin.
There are a handful of large women who think skinny yoga pants are attractive on them.
Those women typically shop at department or discount stores, not boutiques.

I don't see this as a knock on large women so much as a reasonable and logical business decision and allocation of available sales space. Stores should not be required to sell all sizes and cater to all women, and I'm not sure why anyone is offended by this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That can't possibly be true, otherwise they wouldn't offer wifi. What would you need internet for if you're going in to eat a sandwich and leave? Starbucks is the same thing: they offer wifi to encourage you to hang out.