Panera Bread people

Do most people care what others think when they get dressed to go to places like Panera? I don't. I'll roll up in there however I happen to be dressed when I decide to go.

I'm not comfortable telling other people that they should or shouldn't wear something. I don't care what size they are or what it is they're wearing because, honestly, I don't want anyone telling me what to wear.

Same here. I may look at someone, cringe a bit and think i wouldn't be caught dead in that, but I'd never tell them that. And when they dress that way, i feel lots better about myself and my choices.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
but in my hometown in TN, college students we're encourage to come in and use those places.

Yep. There are places like that in almost every college town. If management had a problem with it, they would tell the campers to move on.

And, as lucky_bee said:

if I'm at a table first, why am I expected to move my #### bc you just bought lunch? So now you're the priority?

I had a thread about this a week or so ago - ME ME ME ME ME! It's all about ME!! I want what you have so get out of my way and give it to ME! I want your table! I want your parking space! I want to be ahead of you in traffic! I want lasagna at Taco Bell! I want to tell you how to raise your children and care for your pets! ME ME ME!!!

It's irritating.

Geek

Yep. There are places like that in almost every college town. If management had a problem with it, they would tell the campers to move on.

And, as lucky_bee said:

I had a thread about this a week or so ago - ME ME ME ME ME! It's all about ME!! I want what you have so get out of my way and give it to ME! I want your table! I want your parking space! I want to be ahead of you in traffic! I want lasagna at Taco Bell! I want to tell you how to raise your children and care for your pets! ME ME ME!!!

It's irritating.

My dad always says, "We are human beings and are entitled to space in this world," to my mom when she is worried they are in someone who is in a hurry's way.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Right, and I suspect that is the point. If I were sitting at a table eating I would not want some stranger coming over to join me.

This sounds like that old saw "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded." Obviously Panera isn't hurting for business the way it is now, and they are not going to miss you if you take your business elsewhere. Why should they make any changes to their business model if they're doing fine with the way things are now?

I'm sure it is the point and I wouldn't want a stranger sitting with me either.

Not hurting for business no, but having bitter customers yes (apparently). I'm sure the op-er is not the only one. The later being not a good thing. How many people that don't go there, won't even attempt to go there now after reading this.

Why settle for 'doing fine'? Step it up, pleasing all customers should be the goal of any good place to eat, right?

:coffee:

:lol: Hey Geek.

Only need to trickle the water if your well tank/pump/etc is in a very cold space, like a crawl space under the house with lots of drafts. If it's in a basement and the basement is warmed by your heater, should be ok.

Only need to trickle the water if your well tank/pump/etc is in a very cold space, like a crawl space under the house with lots of drafts. If it's in a basement and the basement is warmed by your heater, should be ok.[/QUOTE]

Ran mine last night. Chose my bathroom to do it. Made noise so I shut the door. Gets dark then. Got up to go pee in the wee hours and thought I saw the door. It was the gun safe. No I didn't pee in it, I ran into it. :whack:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Step it up, pleasing all customers should be the goal of any good place to eat, right?

Nope, because that is absolutely impossible. There are any number of restaurant chains in this country and most of them have a theme and/or a distinct menu because you cannot be everything to everyone. Olive Garden will not serve you chicken chow mein. PF Chang's will not make you a pizza. If you want those things, you go to a restaurant that serves that sort of fare.

Potbelly sandwich shop is practically right across the street and they do not have wifi or encourage camping. Go get your sandwich there.

Geek

Only need to trickle the water if your well tank/pump/etc is in a very cold space, like a crawl space under the house with lots of drafts. If it's in a basement and the basement is warmed by your heater, should be ok.

Ran mine last night. Chose my bathroom to do it. Made noise so I shut the door. Gets dark then. Got up to go pee in the wee hours and thought I saw the door. It was the gun safe. No I didn't pee in it, I ran into it. :whack:[/QUOTE]

Aww. :killingme You would have me worried if you are peeing on your guns. On a side note, I know where I'm taking the family in the event of a zombie Apocalypse. Also, I dislike that new fake road for the electric lines.

Geek

Nope, because that is absolutely impossible. There are any number of restaurant chains in this country and most of them have a theme and/or a distinct menu because you cannot be everything to everyone. Olive Garden will not serve you chicken chow mein. PF Chang's will not make you a pizza. If you want those things, you go to a restaurant that serves that sort of fare.

Potbelly sandwich shop is practically right across the street and they do not have wifi or encourage camping. Go get your sandwich there.

On a side note, have you tried Mission BBQ yet Vrai?

Ran mine last night. Chose my bathroom to do it. Made noise so I shut the door. Gets dark then. Got up to go pee in the wee hours and thought I saw the door. It was the gun safe. No I didn't pee in it, I ran into it. :whack:

Aww. :killingme You would have me worried if you are peeing on your guns. On a side note, I know where I'm taking the family in the event of a zombie Apocalypse. Also, I dislike that new fake road for the electric lines.[/QUOTE]

Yeah don't turn down that by mistake some night. You wouldn't get very far. :lol:

Geek

Aww. :killingme You would have me worried if you are peeing on your guns. On a side note, I know where I'm taking the family in the event of a zombie Apocalypse. Also, I dislike that new fake road for the electric lines.

Yeah don't turn down that by mistake some night. You wouldn't get very far. :lol:[/QUOTE]

And it took down so many trees! We have deer that actually sleep in our beds with us now because they have no where else to be. That restaurant/business plaza keeps creeping over like a dude's hand on prom night.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm sure it is the point and I wouldn't want a stranger sitting with me either.

Not hurting for business no, but having bitter customers yes (apparently). I'm sure the op-er is not the only one. The later being not a good thing. How many people that don't go there, won't even attempt to go there now after reading this.

Why settle for 'doing fine'? Step it up, pleasing all customers should be the goal of any good place to eat, right?

But you guys seem to be missing the POINT. Panera Bread is SPECIFICALLY marketing itself as a place to do several things at! I can't believe you guys are having a hard time grasping this. They're not just "doing fine" they're doing this on purpose! I've said it several times. They want a VARIETY of customers:
like yourself who are just looking for a quick lunch
those looking for a meal but can hang out for a few to chat with their friend,
a meeting place where you can grab coffee
a meeting place for a luncheon
a place for students to come and do research and write papers with their headphones on
a place for young adults to come hang out after the gym for a cup of coffee
a place for young adults to fill out job applications

JFC THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS. It's how they are marketing themselves! For you to get all bent out of shape and "go talk to management" about this here young table-hogger with her laptop and headphones, guess what management is going to tell you? Well, she's a paying customer :shrug: I've seen it happen. I had someone complain about me taking up a damn TWO-PERSON TABLE. Management came over, asked me how I was, saw I'd previously eaten a bowl of soup there, still was enjoying a large coffee and looked at the customer and said she's not infringing on any company seating policies. Here, let me help you find another suitable seat and table...

If you want a restaurant that serves only one purpose, and that is to EAT...go to the McDonald's drive thru. Or better yet, go home.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

Agreed.

Any subject matter can be stretched. Please take me for what I say, not what it can be made into. I was speaking of the seating issue only, not the menu. To cover every senario possible in every post is "absolutly impossible" too.

Caution

I'll move my papers just for you, at my table for two in Panera next time :love:

See!! Now here we are, two strangers who can manage a smile and both of us get to sit down. Now how hard was that??

Better than whining about it and going home mad. Plus I get to sit with a hot babe in Yoga Pants.

LIFE IS GOOD!

MMM_donuts

It does say on their website:

"We are an everyday oasis for our customers. We're the place people come when they want to visit with friends, hold an informal meeting or just enjoy some alone time. Come experience the warmth and welcome that make Panera Bread bakery-cafés a natural gathering place."

officeguy

I had someone complain about me taking up a damn TWO-PERSON TABLE. Management came over, asked me how I was, saw I'd previously eaten a bowl of soup there, still was enjoying a large coffee and looked at the customer and said she's not infringing on any company seating policies. Here, let me help you find another suitable seat and table...

That is because you adhered to seating and internet use policy. Had you hogged a 6 person booth at 12:30 only nursing one of the free water cups, they would have told you to leave.

No, they are not in the business of 'providing a gathering place'. They are in the business of selling coffee and sandwiches. Being somewhat tolerant to people who just leech internet access and space from them while creating very low per-seat revenue is the cost of doing business.

It is up to management to enforce their policies. I wont ask one of the table-leeches personally to pack up their crap, you never know what kind of self absorbed crazies you run into. They are like dog and cat people in their lack of common sense and decency.

frequentflier

happy to be living
That is because you adhered to seating and internet use policy. Had you hogged a 6 person booth at 12:30 only nursing one of the free water cups, they would have told you to leave.

No, they are not in the business of 'providing a gathering place'. They are in the business of selling coffee and sandwiches. Being somewhat tolerant to people who just leech internet access and space from them while creating very low per-seat revenue is the cost of doing business.

It is up to management to enforce their policies. I wont ask one of the table-leeches personally to pack up their crap, you never know what kind of self absorbed crazies you run into. They are like dog and cat people in their lack of common sense and decency.

:confused:

softtouch

I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.
It was the norm during lunch at Scholls Cafeteria it Washington.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Don't go there. It is likely not gonna make a damn bit of sense.

That's why when I read it I just ignored it. Anyone who would make statements like that is showing the world the core of their personality. There is no exchange of words that would take away the initial effect of the message that was conveyed.