Panera opens "pay what you can" restaurant

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Safety Concerns Growing After Opening Of Panera Cares In Lakeview « CBS Chicago

CHICAGO (CBS) — Concern about safety is growing in one Chicago neighborhood and some residents there say a unique restaurant may be to blame.

CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey takes a look at the impact it’s having on Lakeview.

Panera Bread reopened as “Panera Cares” on June 21. The new concept meant that customers would pay what they could. If they couldn’t pay anything, the meal was free.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How do they determine who can and cannot pay? How would they stop me from getting a free sandwich?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Predictions on how long they last before going belly up? I say Panera Corporate will carry them for a year.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I hate things like that. I overpay and then feel guilty and pay more because after all I'm better off than some. I hate the stress, the guilt, the angst....:jameo:

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I hope they open one up here. I could eat for free everyday and have more money to invest in video games.

Toxick

Splat
Safety Concerns Growing After Opening Of Panera Cares In Lakeview « CBS Chicago

CHICAGO (CBS) — Concern about safety is growing in one Chicago neighborhood and some residents there say a unique restaurant may be to blame.

CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey takes a look at the impact it’s having on Lakeview.

Panera Bread reopened as “Panera Cares” on June 21. The new concept meant that customers would pay what they could. If they couldn’t pay anything, the meal was free.

I can't WAIT to see how this works out.

My money is on : HUGE EPIC UNSTOPPABLE SUCCESS.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wish our Panera here would do that so I can get free food without having to go on dates.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Yup, I can see all the entitled peeps rolling up in thier welfare caddy's looking for a free meal...