Parental Differences/Disagreement

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
happyazz said:
aps45819 said:
You're an idiot. The behavior is directing the meds

:confused:

I am not going to speak for him but the way I took it is...

The behavior is what brought on the attention, that it was investigated and monitered. It is not that the pharmaceuticals or the Doctors that are pushing the drugs to children (in all cases).

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Nicole_in_somd said:
happyazz said:
I am not going to speak for him but the way I took it is...

The behavior is what brought on the attention, that it was investigated and monitered. It is not that the pharmaceuticals or the Doctors that are pushing the drugs to children (in all cases).
:yeahthat:

Thank you dear

Ghetto Smurf

Smooth Marine tells it how it is... no he doesnt suffer from mommy issues either, im sure they have pills for that though. Even if he did, he has got where he is today without any kind of pill. All kids will act out in there lifetime. I know i did and i was given a nice kick from a steel toe boot in return. As the reciver yes.. it was cruel as hell, and today i am glad i got it!!
This world will soon be and already plagued with spoiled brats that wont own up to what theyve done.

if Your son smashed a chair and went loco with the chair leg. Maybe you should have smashed his video games or favorite toy. If hes lead to beleive his so called medical condition is to blame for doing things without caring or feeling any sense of consiquence, goodluck in the future when it turns into bigger problems..

smoothmarine187

Nicole_in_somd said:
Could you be any more apparant? You know we typed MPD then you are going to write EPMD, give it up. Wait a while and try again. This time put some effirt into it.

typos are on purpose.

I think he was trying to be funny......EPMD is a rap group!

smoothmarine187

Ghetto Smurf said:
Smooth Marine tells it how it is... no he doesnt suffer from mommy issues either, im sure they have pills for that though. Even if he did, he has got where he is today without any kind of pill. All kids will act out in there lifetime. I know i did and i was given a nice kick from a steel toe boot in return. As the reciver yes.. it was cruel as hell, and today i am glad i got it!!
This world will soon be and already plagued with spoiled brats that wont own up to what theyve done.

if Your son smashed a chair and went loco with the chair leg. Maybe you should have smashed his video games or favorite toy. If hes lead to beleive his so called medical condition is to blame for doing things without caring or feeling any sense of consiquence, goodluck in the future when it turns into bigger problems..

Its always good to know that there are some people that believe in discipline and not drugs! My mom used to beat that crap out of me when I acted up.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Ghetto Smurf said:
:This world will soon be and already plagued with spoiled brats that wont own up to what theyve done.

:yeahthat:
Some one should :whip:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ghetto Smurf said:

SO i guess you and Smoothie play into the 'ole...when the kid bites, you bite him back harder - thing?

all that teaches them is the BIGGER biter wins! Same thing with you wanna SMACK? I'll show you how to SMACK!

So what does he do as a result? Bites or smacks someone smaller, and looks around for the bigger smacker to smack him again. D@MN i hate it when i see a kid wince every time his parent swings his hand. :grr: (yeah i was one of those.) guess what i did? I was an AWFUL kid. Luckily i grew out of it, and never pepetuated it. i'm not saying a swat on the bottom for something that potentially endangers his/her life (like pulling out of your hand and running out into the street sort of thing) but to use whacking that is just a reflex? NO GO. A spank should be just that. a spank. make a big deal of it, don't intend to "BEAT" the kid, and make good and d@mn sure the kids understand EXACTLY what you are disciplining FOR. You'd be amazed at the number of kids who have not a clue as to why they were just whacked, when you ask them. Thats always been my beef with that mess. Parents assume kids think just like them, when they DON'T. Make the punishment fit the crime.

Last edited:

Ghetto Smurf

Not bite back harder, just establish a sense of consiquence opposed to making any kind of excuse for such an act. If the the act is harsh, you must show them there can and will be a harsh consiquence. example.. as adults we "should" all know we cant go out and shoot up walmart without life in jail or death. If your kid is told they have some condition thats just an excuse they can use to justify or defend themselves for doing something out of line. No matter how bad the act there can always be that thing to fall back on... It may be ok in childhood but IMO is just setting up for something bad down the road.

smoothmarine187

Ghetto Smurf said:
Not bite back harder, just establish a sense of consiquence opposed to making any kind of excuse for such an act. If the the act is harsh, you must show them there can and will be a harsh consiquence. example.. as adults we "should" all know we cant go out and shoot up walmart without life in jail or death. If your kid is told they have some condition thats just an excuse they can use to justify or defend themselves for doing something out of line. No matter how bad the act there can always be that thing to fall back on... It may be ok in childhood but IMO is just setting up for something bad down the road.

It sounds like your ready to have some kids! lol

Ghetto Smurf

Hahaha........ yea.........

I need to lay off the mountain dew to up my sperm count though... maybe ditch the whitey titeys as well, Who likes shootin blanks?? :yay:

Last edited:

smoothmarine187

happyappygirl said:
SO i guess you and Smoothie play into the 'ole...when the kid bites, you bite him back harder - thing?

all that teaches them is the BIGGER biter wins! Same thing with you wanna SMACK? I'll show you how to SMACK!

So what does he do as a result? Bites or smacks someone smaller, and looks around for the bigger smacker to smack him again. D@MN i hate it when i see a kid wince every time his parent swings his hand. :grr: (yeah i was one of those.) guess what i did? I was an AWFUL kid. Luckily i grew out of it, and never pepetuated it. i'm not saying a swat on the bottom for something that potentially endangers his/her life (like pulling out of your hand and running out into the street sort of thing) but to use whacking that is just a reflex? NO GO. A spank should be just that. a spank. make a big deal of it, don't intend to "BEAT" the kid, and make good and d@mn sure the kids understand EXACTLY what you are disciplining FOR. You'd be amazed at the number of kids who have not a clue as to why they were just whacked, when you ask them. Thats always been my beef with that mess. Parents assume kids think just like them, when they DON'T. Make the punishment fit the crime.

I don't just wack them for fun, I tell them why afterwards, and make sure they never do it again.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Thanks for the red karma :howdy: STFU about things you don't know what your're talking about.
I don't have custody, just every other weekend visitation. The drugs are not my idea, nor do I wish to see my son drugged. However I'm not stupid enough to abruptly stop his medication when he's with me.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Ghetto Smurf said:

Oh great, another Doctor wannabe. When you are able to read and comprehend the other posts and have the ability to articulate a some what intelligent response then I would love to see your point. Until then you are just blowing out your ass. Each case is different and can not be wrapped up in a little box with a one cure for all.

If a child only demonstrates problems in school, then, by definition, the child does not meet the diagnostic criteria for ADD or ADHD. A child needs to show evidence of ADD/ADHD behavior in two or more situations to a degree that is "maladaptive" (behaviors destructive to self, others, animals, or property, requiring protective intervention) in order to be diagnosed ADD/ADHD.

To me, there are all kinds of things that can be tailored to the child’s needs. What may work for yours may not work for someone else’s child. I am not a Doctor and I do not pretend to be one, if it is working for her child then so be it. If the father has a problem with it then work with the mom to find an alternative solution instead of just denying the child their medicine.

Smashing the childs stuff only shows that those actions are accetable and does not really address the problem.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
happyappygirl said:

Amen to that.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
Ghetto Smurf said:

But as you can see if a adult goes out and shoots up Wal-mart the court does not go and shoot up his home. AND PLEASE USE SPELL CHECK!

How do you know that that it is an excuse? Are you a Doctor? DO you know each and every child that has been diagnosed?

Last edited:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
I read page 1 this am. Not reading the rest. But as a parent of a child diagnosed with ADD who medicated their child per the Dr. instructions and did see a difference (positive one) in their child I would do it again in a heart beat. (EVEN THOUGH the diagnosis has changed in the last year to BIPOLAR).

anyway from what I read this morning crabcake, your daughter seems quite mature for her age. Especially since she herself knows the difference when she is on the meds or off. My question is: Why did she not just continue to apply the patch herself?

As for Dad dearest--He sounds like a POS and I would do what ever I could legally and otherwise to ensure this lack of parental responsibility never happens again.

Kudo's to you and your daughter!