Parents of student fatally shot at school file lawsuit against St. Mary's board

PeoplesElbow

Funny thing is they DO NOT automatically take siblings, I had a granddaughter in the school and when her siblings(twins) were in pre-k we tried to get them into the school both were turned down!!!!
I think he means if one was there they would take the younger one so the parent had both kids in the same school. My buddies kids both go there, and he's a white dude.

NAS

My granddaughter was already enrolled in the school when her little brother/sister were old enough to go to school my daughter tried to enroll the twins .... They got denied even though their older sister was already in..

My granddaughter was already enrolled in the school when her little brother/sister were old enough to go to school my daughter tried to enroll the twins .... They got denied even though their older sister was already in..

Were they trying to get in for pre-K or K?

Mamissa9

I think if the school did indeed know that this kid was a danger to Jaelynn, they should be held accountable. It doesn't sound like they did, but who knows.

IMO this is more a reminder to parents to keep tabs on who your kid is hanging out with and run off the bad people.
I found this thread looking for something else and I know it's been a while But I am curious is to why you would think I didn't or don't keep tabs on my children. My daughter getting shot AT SCHOOL where she was supposed to be has nothing to do with me not knowing where she was. Or who she was hanging out with. I knew of a few instances that she was hanging out with the shooter. Even met him 3 times. So please don't judge me on keeping tabs on my kids when she was exactly where she should have been. Going to math class at GMHS

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I found this thread looking for something else and I know it's been a while But I am curious is to why you would think I didn't or don't keep tabs on my children. My daughter getting shot AT SCHOOL where she was supposed to be has nothing to do with me not knowing where she was. Or who she was hanging out with. I knew of a few instances that she was hanging out with the shooter. Even met him 3 times. So please don't judge me on keeping tabs on my kids when she was exactly where she should have been. Going to math class at GMHS

Not to be insensitive. Your daughter was in a relationship with the shooter and you only met him 3 times? The post by @vraiblonde, which was written on Jan 21, 2020, "IMO this is more a reminder to parents to keep tabs on who your kid is hanging out with and run off the bad people." Said nothing of keeping tabs on where one's children are, but rather that one keep tabs on who their child hangs around with or is seeing. She was not judging you. Pretty sure she doesn't even know you. And if Austin Rollins was physically and verbally assaulting your daughter after they broke up, perhaps a court restraining order would have been the appropriate thing to do?

Losing a child in their youth is the most horrible thing a parent can experience. I am sorry this happened to your daughter and the grief you are going though. She was a beautiful looking young lady.

Welcome to the forums, where there usually is no sweetener filter of personal opinions in the comments.

Mamissa9

I met in 3 times because she

Not to be insensitive. Your daughter was in a relationship with the shooter and you only met him 3 times? The post by @vraiblonde, which was written on Jan 21, 2020, "IMO this is more a reminder to parents to keep tabs on who your kid is hanging out with and run off the bad people." Said nothing of keeping tabs on where one's children are, but rather that one keep tabs on who their child hangs around with or is seeing. She was not judging you. Pretty sure she doesn't even know you. And if Austin Rollins was physically and verbally assaulting your daughter after they broke up, perhaps a court restraining order would have been the appropriate thing to do?

Losing a child in their youth is the most horrible thing a parent can experience. I am sorry this happened to your daughter and the grief you are going though. She was a beautiful looking young lady.

Welcome to the forums, where there usually is no sweetener filter of personal opinions in the comments.
Really

For your consideration......

I met the shooter approximately 3 times. She went out with him approximately 6 times.....do the math. She wasn't "dating" him to the extent everyone thinks.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

In this incident there needs to be a filter. You don't know the family, the shooter or what was going on in any of their lives. In cases like this, people need to just shut up. No, I don't know them. I wouldn't presume to with a half a$$ opinion.

Looky here. Everyone knows that here, on these forums, once one delves into posting things, personal things, tragic things, it opens the floor to all kinds of discourse. Some that are vanilla in context, others that can be deemed insensitive. To tippy toe around a subject simply because a topic might be deemed verboten, stifles speech that may be worthwhile to others in discussion of the subject at hand. This event was a very public tragedy and many here had opinions and commentary regarding it, and on this thread, regarding the lawsuit, prior to the mother coming on here. And there was no push back on prior posts from those with sensitive constitutions feigning disapproval. If the mother is conformable writing about the event on here, by chastising a poster's post from 2020, she should be comfortable with the responses she receives about her commentary.

You yourself @mitzi, have experienced comments what can be deemed negative and insensitive against yourself here first hand. Is it a comfortable position to be in? No. But that hasn't stopped you for voicing your opinions on many subjects and taking much flak for many things you have written. And yet, you are still here. Good for you for sticking it out. Maybe the mother can learn something from your tenacity. Many of us have developed thicker skin when it comes to certain comments. Which is a good thing.

Reactions: TPD

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But I am curious is to why you would think I didn't or don't keep tabs on my children.

I didn't say you did. I made a general comment that is good advice for everyone and I stand by that. I don't know you, I don't know anything about you other than your daughter was murdered. If you choose to take my general comments personally, that's on you.

So where are you with the lawsuit, if you can discuss it? Because it seems to me that if the school knew the kid was a threat and did nothing to protect your daughter, they should be held accountable for that.

Mamissa9

I have plenty "thick skin" I am also sensitive to this topic. I didn't even know the thread existed until yesterday! I will/ cannot discuss the lawsuit. It doesn't take much to search what has happened with it.

mitzi

You yourself @mitzi, have experienced comments what can be deemed negative and insensitive against yourself here first hand. Is it a comfortable position to be in? No. But that hasn't stopped you for voicing your opinions on many subjects and taking much flak for many things you have written. And yet, you are still here. Good for you for sticking it out. Maybe the mother can learn something from your tenacity. Many of us have developed thicker skin when it comes to certain comments. Which is a good thing.

Thicker skin is one thing. Assuming things about a situation when you have no clue what is true or not about a murdered girl in school is where the line should be drawn. I can take flak and also have apologized when I realized I was wrong. But I've certainly never lived thru or hopefully never lose a child.

NOTSMC

Thicker skin is one thing. Assuming things about a situation when you have no clue what is true or not about a murdered girl in school is where the line should be drawn. I can take flak and also have apologized when I realized I was wrong. But I've certainly never lived thru or hopefully never lose a child.

Because she challenged me.
Shame on you Mitzi. How dare you be empathetic. It's almost like you're a normal, feeling human being or something.