Pastor Joel Osteen

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Re: Re: Whose the preacher at the Leonardtown....

Originally posted by zuchick
Yep, he's the one I remember.. The one who lead me away from the Southern Baptist Church, thanks be to God.. Yeap Good Man..
I believe that Saint Zuchic is bashing a member of the clergy, such un-Christianlike behavior tisk tisk. Wonder how I got the idea he was a blowhard:confused:

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Zuchick

Can you please answer my question?

What do you mean by this?:

Yep, he's the one I remember.. The one who lead me away from the Southern Baptist Church, thanks be to God.. Yeap Good Man..

Now, can someone please quote this so that I can get an answer...TIA

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Zuchick

Originally posted by Ehesef

Try Sharon. She's still on his "good side." :duh:

I dared speak up to him and have been forever banished to iggy-dom. :lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Thanks Sharon, but it looks like your on Iggy too. Probably because you quoted me the last time! :lmao:

Z

zuchick

Re: Re: Zuchick

Originally posted by Sharon
[/B][/QUOTE]

(LOL) What do I mean by what I said? That's simple.. What I said. No more no less.

Z

zuchick

I thought it was rather obvious. I remember the man and it was due to him I eventually became Orthodox Christian.. You seem to have a problem reading more into what I say then is actually there or is this some sort of posturing you go through?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by David
I would like to apologize to everyone on account of Pete's inappropriate comments in this forum. No doubt he overlooked the specific rules for this forum that indicate we won't tolerate any flaming or bomb throwing.

http://forums.somd.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9880

Now that he knows, I'm certain that we won't have any other problems. Again, my apologies that an otherwise good topic was hijacked.

I am confused. The topic rules state, “The Religion forum was established to allow people to discuss their faith, world religions or even just solicit opinions about where to find a good church to meet their needs. In short, it is intended to be a forum for serious discussions. If your intent is to belittle or condemn a person, their faith, or a religion, please don't do it here.

Simply stated, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.”

It was Zuchick that started the flame by stating, “Yep, he's the one I remember.. The one who lead me away from the Southern Baptist Church, thanks be to God.. Yeap Good Man..” in response to his question as to who is the pastor at Leonardtown Southern Baptist Church. It seems that this is a condemnation of that pastor, it in no way was on topic with the thread and yet you let that slide.

Next we have another flame that you apparently overlooked here in the Religion topics when Smalltown states, “Think it is by sheer chance that Mormon is one letter extra from being Moron?” which again, to me, seems like another flame directed at Tigger, since he quoted her post.

And then, on top of it all, you publicly chastise Pete for his posts, which is nothing but a direct condemnation for him doing what you have allowed others to do and get away with.

Now I am in no way telling you how to manage this site, but a little consistency would be nice and in my mind it would have been better to remove what you thought was offensive and communicate directly with Pete instead of doing so out in the public for all to see. To me, you have just violated what you “simply stated”.

F

Flo

Joel had a very good sermon this morning. Did anyone tune in? If not, it comes on later tonight I believe. I always listen at 10 a.m. on channel 5 each Sunday. It was about laziness and cleanliness.

TripleJ

Originally posted by Ken King
I am confused. The topic rules state, “The Religion forum was established to allow people to discuss their faith, world religions or even just solicit opinions about where to find a good church to meet their needs. In short, it is intended to be a forum for serious discussions. If your intent is to belittle or condemn a person, their faith, or a religion, please don't do it here.

Simply stated, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.”

It was Zuchick that started the flame by stating, “Yep, he's the one I remember.. The one who lead me away from the Southern Baptist Church, thanks be to God.. Yeap Good Man..” in response to his question as to who is the pastor at Leonardtown Southern Baptist Church. It seems that this is a condemnation of that pastor, it in no way was on topic with the thread and yet you let that slide.

Next we have another flame that you apparently overlooked here in the Religion topics when Smalltown states, “Think it is by sheer chance that Mormon is one letter extra from being Moron?” which again, to me, seems like another flame directed at Tigger, since he quoted her post.

And then, on top of it all, you publicly chastise Pete for his posts, which is nothing but a direct condemnation for him doing what you have allowed others to do and get away with.

Now I am in no way telling you how to manage this site, but a little consistency would be nice and in my mind it would have been better to remove what you thought was offensive and communicate directly with Pete instead of doing so out in the public for all to see. To me, you have just violated what you “simply stated”.
Consistancy is allways nice, but, not allways obtainable, here's to the hope that we can obtain it here :cheers:

billydog

I agree

Originally posted by Flo
Joel had a very good sermon this morning. Did anyone tune in? If not, it comes on later tonight I believe. I always listen at 10 a.m. on channel 5 each Sunday. It was about laziness and cleanliness.

Today's sermon was great! I liked that he talked about parking in handicap spots and putting stuff back in the wrong place in the grocery store when you decide you don't want it!!

TripleJ

I have seen this Joel person, I would like to discuss christianity with him in an open forum and on the air. If he maintians the same decorum, it would be interesting....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by TripleJ
Consistancy is allways nice, but, not allways obtainable, here's to the hope that we can obtain it here :cheers:
:bs: If you have rules and you adhere to them then consistency will be the result.

ceo_pte

:bs: If you have rules and you adhere to them then consistency will be the result.

i agree ken, but you must have integrity too. It takes integrity & character to do the right thing, even when no one is looking. B/c God is always looking. :clap:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Next we have another flame that you apparently overlooked here in the Religion topics when Smalltown states, “Think it is by sheer chance that Mormon is one letter extra from being Moron?” which again, to me, seems like another flame directed at Tigger, since he quoted her post..

:clap: :clap:

I was wondering about that too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you have rules and you adhere to them then consistency will be the result.
Oh for crap's sake. :rolleyes: Most of what gets frowned upon in here is subjective anyway. What's offensive to one person doesn't make someone else even blink - it's just a judgement call. And occasionally someone gets chastised who didn't really deserve to be and someone who should be sat out gets overlooked. We're not machines, you know. Pete's cool so let's move on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS - SmallTown, please don't belittle Tigger's faith in the Religion Forum. I apologize to everyone on account of ST's inappropriate remarks.

PSS - Zuchick, this is not where we condemn the religions or beliefs of others. I apologize to everyone on account of Zuchick's inappropriate remarks.