Patriotic Outrage?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Oh really?

What about all the proof? Insulting a gold star family. Insulting a POW

Golfing while the bodies of four green berets are brought back to Andrews and. Not calling or writing their families. And lying about other presidents responses.

Can you show me another president that has done any of those things?

Guess who?

Attachments

• 06D2116B-367D-4EB7-B5D5-A1D2D251FB32.jpg
    06D2116B-367D-4EB7-B5D5-A1D2D251FB32.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 134

This_person

Yoi sont need to know everything but if you make an absolute statement in front of the press you should be sure it is true. That is common sense. Something Trump is lacking

You mean "absolute statements" like:
"I don't know if he did..."
"President Obama I think probably did sometimes, and maybe sometimes he didn't. I don't know. That's what I was told."

Are those the strong, unequivocable, definitive, "absolute" statements you're speaking of?

You could call it a PR stunt or compassion depending on your level of cynicism If I had to say who’s response showed a willingness to take responsibility as the highest offfice in the land ultimately does it would be Obama’s

No one called it a stunt, but it should be compassion.

Obama never once took responsibility. We never heard a thing from him except, "Bush did it, this is Bush's fault, Bush established the rules here..." etc., etc. Obama went to the coffins of the four back from Benghazi because it was a good PR stunt. How many others did he do like that?

Sapidus

What was the insult?

Are you serious? How about when Bush was horrifically ridiculed for his golfing (so he stopped cold turkey) and Obama was repeatedly ridiculed for his golfing - both during times of national "crisis" moments, both going right back to the tees after some "we will not rest until" statement was made.

See, this is where ignorant becomes stupid. You've been given the truth, and stick to the misleading or fully-inaccurate spin.

How did you go from golfing instead of being there to receive the bodies to golfing during times of crisis!? Keep stretching the definitions of normal behavior to try to excuse Trump.

Isn’t true he has not contacted the families yet? He can say” I wrote letters”. “I’m gonna call”. That’s not good enough for Troops who have their lives for this country. Yet you complain about how disrespectful kneeling toward the flag is. You really gotta get your priorities straight

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh really?

Golfing while the bodies of four green berets are brought back to Andrews and. Not calling or writing their families. And lying about other presidents responses.

Obama Exults in Chipping It in While 6 Families of American Soldiers Make Funeral Arrangements

And you're obviously not old enough to remember Bill Clinton and his untimely golf outings.

And I'm going to tell you another thing... As a veteran, I can comfortably say Obama was a military embarrassment. He dismantled nearly all of the efforts our military made in the war on terror, all while trying to call the war something other than what it was, all the while going around the world apologizing for what this country has done. I assure you, Obama angered a lot of veterans.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh really?

:lol:

"Wah wah wah! Donald Trump! Wah wah wah!! :bawl: :tantrum: :cds: "

Your faux outrage is highly amusing to me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But...but...but... Donald Trump! :bawl: :tantrum: :cds:

I'm not going to defend Trump's response to any of these things. Presidents are at the mercy of their advisors. If Trump wasn't properly informed about what's going on, he's just not going to know. The president lives in a bubble where they really only know what their advisors tell them. They are chasing thousands of issues and events every single day, and can't possibly know every single thing going on at every single moment.

Midnightrider

I have done it several times in this thread.

:shrug:

I guess one needs to figure that out for themselves.

I've seen more reporters lie and twist words and make misleading statements than politicians do. And, yes, that's saying one hell of a lot.

We can agree that Mr. Trump is a piss-poor communicator. That does not automatically mean he is lying.

That wasn’t poor communicating. It was lying to cover for the fact that Trump had done what he and the right had criticized obama for. Trump lies all the time. That is what makes him a liar

Obama Exults in Chipping It in While 6 Families of American Soldiers Make Funeral Arrangements

And you're obviously not old enough to remember Bill Clinton and his untimely golf outings.

And I'm going to tell you another thing... As a veteran, I can comfortably say Obama was a military embarrassment. He dismantled nearly all of the efforts our military made in the war on terror, all while trying to call the war something other than what it was, all the while going around the world apologizing for what this country has done. I assure you, Obama angered a lot of veterans.

Which proves the right was upset by obama not showing what they thought was proper respect for slain soldiers.
This wouldn’t de so hypocritical for trump except he picked a fight with the NFL claiming the moral high ground of supporting and respecting our troops.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That wasn’t poor communicating. It was lying to cover for the fact that Trump had done what he and the right had criticized obama for. Trump lies all the time. That is what makes him a liar

Which proves the right was upset by obama not showing what they thought was proper respect for slain soldiers.
This wouldn’t de so hypocritical for trump except he picked a fight with the NFL claiming the moral high ground of supporting and respecting our troops.

I haven't followed the story as closely as your handlers have because I have no talking points to disseminate. I do, however, find your selective outrage amusing.

Trump.JPG

This_person

How did you go from golfing instead of being there to receive the bodies to golfing during times of crisis!? Keep stretching the definitions of normal behavior to try to excuse Trump.

Isn’t true he has not contacted the families yet? He can say” I wrote letters”. “I’m gonna call”. That’s not good enough for Troops who have their lives for this country. Yet you complain about how disrespectful kneeling toward the flag is. You really gotta get your priorities straight

So, what was the insult to the family?

Are you suggesting Obama was there for every dead soldier returned home, or is your belief in Obama founded in fact not fiction? Since we know Obama wasn't there for all of them, can we assume you were as upset with him for the times he wasn't there?

It actually is disrespectful to kneel. He actually did write the letters (unless, of course, you can prove the negative that he has not). He explained why he hasn't called yet. My priorities are fine - as you suggest, one can have more than a single thought at a time (well, I can, I'm not sure you can).

I've also said that I think Trump was wrong in this. What is it you need me to say? Are you just fighting to fight?

Sapidus

You mean the one that bush had to lie about to get us involved in? That stretched on much longer then necessary and ended up getting many troops killed all on a false premise?

Sapidus

I haven't followed the story as closely as your handlers have because I have no talking points to disseminate. I do, however, find your selective outrage amusing.

View attachment 120205

Just like we all find your selective patriotism amusing.

No one is pushing a narrative. We are merely responding to what is being reported. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s a conspiracy

Sapidus

Are you suggesting Obama was there for every dead soldier returned home, or is your belief in Obama founded in fact not fiction? Since we know Obama wasn't there for all of them, can we assume you were as upset with him for the times he wasn't there?

It actually is disrespectful to kneel. He actually did write the letters (unless, of course, you can prove the negative that he has not). He explained why he hasn't called yet. My priorities are fine - as you suggest, one can have more than a single thought at a time (well, I can, I'm not sure you can).

I've also said that I think Trump was wrong in this. What is it you need me to say? Are you just fighting to fight?

Obama never golfed as soldiers bodies were brought home. Trying to compare the to actions is disingenuous

This_person

Obama never golfed as soldiers bodies were brought home. Trying to compare the to actions is disingenuous

So, if he was home watching a football game, or at an art show, or surfing in HI, that would be ok, right? Whether we're talking Obama or Trump, any of those things would be ok, just so long as they're not golfing? GOLF is the problem here?

PsyOps

Pixelated
You mean the one that bush had to lie about to get us involved in? That stretched on much longer then necessary and ended up getting many troops killed all on a false premise?

And there you have it. You cannot be reasoned with.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh the hypocrisy is strong in this one.

speaking of hypocrites .... look in the mirror

How many times have you brought up Benghazi?

you are still making some Logical Fallacy

Hillary / Benghazi other than Americans died, is not even remotely related to Americans Dying in Niger

Sounds like the behavior of someone not intelligent enough to serve as president

really what are YOUR Qualifications - how many businesses have your run, how long did you serve :shrug: