Peace Protesters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves..."

Hell, we didn't even elect our heads of state.
Yes, we did. :confused: I think what you mean to say is you didn't elect our Head of State.

What we need to do is HONESTLY ask ourselves: will this war prevent future terrorism?
Of course not. Any more than jail and the death penalty prevents future crime. What do you suggest we do instead? Ignore it? And don't say "diplomacy" - that's been tried with these guys forever by any number of Presidents, Democrat and Republican. It doesn't work.

S

Shanobi

Why has the attitude in the media changed about protesters? Before the war started they were just left alone to do their thing, no one's gonna listen to them anyway so let'em have their little protest. (over 300 cities protested around the world on 2/15/03, some cities like London and Rome saw turnouts of 1 million people). But once the war started the protesters were vilified. What changed? They're still protesting war. THey're still promoting the policies they called for before the war started. Why are they evil now? Is it because now the soldiers are over there dying for our freedom? I don't get it. You called for this war. You knew your sons and daughters, moms and dads would be putting their lives on the line. What has changed?

S

Shanobi

FNC? are you kidding me? That network is making millions off this war just for sheer entertainment factor. There's no distinguished journalism in the house there. But hey, their job is just to sell the war, and I guess they're doing a pretty good job. Ruppert Murdoch should be proud.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Shanobi
What has changed?
What's changed is the general public's tolerance for childishness and vitriol. You have a right to voice your opinion but I also have a right to voice mine as well. If people like you have the right to malign our President and our military, then I have a right to malign you right back.

Nobody's stopping the protestors from protesting. Nobody's violating their rights to free speech. We're just protesting right back. Tough noogies.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by vraiblonde
What's changed is the general public's tolerance for childishness and vitriol. You have a right to voice your opinion but I also have a right to voice mine as well. If people like you have the right to malign our President and our military, then I have a right to malign you right back.

Nobody's stopping the protestors from protesting. Nobody's violating their rights to free speech. We're just protesting right back. Tough noogies.

Exactly. As a character on one of my favorite shows said once "my voice is as free as theirs". The protesters are just upset that other people are getting equal time on the microphone.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
"Freetard" checking in...

Dubbed Senate Bill 742, it identifies a terrorist as a person who "plans or participates in an act that is intended, by at least one of its participants, to disrupt" business, transportation, schools, government, or free assembly
Are you talking about the correct bill? Looking over the past three Congresses, SB 742 has had the following titles, none have left committee;
106th Congress - A bill to clarify the requirements for the accession to the World Trade Organization of the People's Republic of China.
107th Congress - A bill to provide for pension reform, and for other purposes.
108th Congress - A bill to authorize assistance for individuals with disabilities in foreign countries, including victims of warfare and civil strife, and for other purposes.

STMLADY

Shanobi your quote "Life's rough. Get a helmet!" I have to ask you just how in the world is that helmet going to protect you if a terrorists takes a jet through the building you are in...

S

Shanobi

Hmmm, well STMLady, I suppose a helmet wouldn't help much if a plane ran into my building. Are you suggesting that we bomb every country untill all the terrorists are dead? War is fun when you know you won't die. I can't remember when vengefull slaughter subdued terrorism and protest. I understand that this nation is mourning the losses of thousands of innocent victems but bombing 2 countries in retaliation is terrorism, no?

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
War is fun when you know you won't die.

Fun, huh? Have you experienced war first hand? Do you think the troops over there are having fun? Takes somebody really igonorant to describe a war as "fun". That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.:boo:

STMLADY

Hmmm, well STMLady, I suppose a helmet wouldn't help much if a plane ran into my building. Are you suggesting that we bomb every country untill all the terrorists are dead? War is fun when you know you won't die. I can't remember when vengefull slaughter subdued terrorism and protest. I understand that this nation is mourning the losses of thousands of innocent victems but bombing 2 countries in retaliation is terrorism, no?

The bombing of these two countries for the most part were planned targets not just a random act. It is very unfortunate that there were some innocent lives lost because of accidents. The US and England took every precaution to avoid extensive causualites.

How would you have handled finding those responsible for what happened on Sept 11th. And would you let someone like Saddam continue eliminating innocent people with chemical poisoning? We could not turn the other cheek on what happened Sept 11th. I will never forget that day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Shanobi, I'm being totally serious with you - quit being retarded or I'm going to lose my patience and flame you. The US did not, I repeat, NOT randomly bomb any country in either the war with Iraq or in Afghanistan. There has been no, I repeat, NO vengeful slaughter. All targets have been legitimate military targets, with few civilians even injured, let alone killed.

Where is the "increased terrorism" that your liberal flunkies promised you? Answer: there isn't any. Know why? Because we sent a message to those freaks that they better not even try or we will kill their a$$.

Where is the Vietnam atrocity? Where is the "quagmire"? In your feeble imagination, that's where.

The only thing I can think of is that you're mourning the loss of the terrorists who DID die - because those are the only humans being targeted and killed. And if that's the case, you are one ignorant a$$hole who does nothing but parrot the insane ravings of OTHER ignorant a$$ holes.

Go back to the DU - they like insane people over there.

S

Shanobi

WOW!! So much for respecting opinions.
Firt of all 911 was not a random act of terrorism as the lady just said. They were planned out probably as long as the "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Secondly, how do you punish a suicide bomber? Kill him before he commits a crime? And as far as increased terrorism? Is ther such a timeline for terrorism? Good terrorism take time to brew. Thirdly, I don't mourn the loss of anyone who takes the lives of others. Don't you people know anything about us tree-hugging liberals?...And the quote "War is fun when you know you won't die" is directed to war "planners" and those who make policy and expect the soldiers to carry it out. They're protected and do not fear death. the worst that could happen to them is they may lose their appointed positions. Then again, they may step in the line of sniper fire. We'll see. And lastly, you don't go shooting up a country because you think someone is hiding out there. That is horrible global precedence. Example: If someone broke into your home in the middle of the night and you think that this person lives in the next neighborhood over, you don't go and do a drive-by on the whole neighborhood in hopes of hitting your target. We've changed 2 regimes so far and the momemtum just may take us into a 3rd. If we continue on this course we will have more gated communities then just the ones that the priveleged elite chose to live in. We will have Isreal style checkpoints to "protect" us from the backlash of our own policies.

I do not mean anyone harm in here, but I do have a voice. A concerned one. I just don't want to be here when the chickens come home to roost.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I already stated in another post that I DON'T respect people like you's opinion. Anymore than I respect the opinon of the dirtbag walking down the street muttering to himself. Or some little girl in kindergarten. Or my cat.

You certainly have a right to voice your opinion. And I have just as much right to disregard it as nuttiness and ignorance.

You don't just GET respect - you have to earn it.

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous

Why should we respect your opinion when you're nothing but a lame a$$ hypocrite??
(see quotes below)

Originially posted by Shanobi
I don't mourn the loss of anyone who takes the lives of others.

Anyway, my baby brother is in the 3rd Infantry inside Baghdad right now and I am firecly against this war. I think a lot of us support our troops but do not support US foreign policy. We will all support out troops becasue their our sons and daughters and moms and dads.

Then you obviously don't support your baby brother, nor do you support our troops!:rolleyes:

keep up the good fight

:boo: is what I say to all of your contradictive comments. Need I say more?

Your brother should be ashamed of you.

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Like so many liberal mantras - this one being "I support our troops, but I am against this war" - it doesn't make a lick of sense, except to the person saying it. PLEASE try saying that to our troops. Hey, WRITE to them, and tell them you're against what they are risking their lives daily over , and then ask them how "supported" they feel.

Geez - you 'support' them? How? Our troops ARE the war.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Frank
Like so many liberal mantras - this one being "I support our troops, but I am against this war" - it doesn't make a lick of sense...
:yeahthat:
Thank you Frank!

S

Shanobi

It is quite possible to support soldiers but not foreign ploicy. I believe it is crazy to roll over and accept this "operation" because our soldiers have been committed to it. Whatever I can do to bring my brother home as soon as possible I'll do (namely, stop the war). We are expecting Iraqi citizens to rise up against their leaders and join us. This goes completely against your notion of having to support your troops. Is that two-faced? or American exceptionalism? And I don't know why you reserve this "liberal" lable for me. Is the world so black and white? Liberal or conservative? Is that my only choice? That's like saying your'e either with us or with the terrorists. THat's why you hate me because in that definition I am a terrorist. And with that line just spoken You can forward that to your Minister of Homeland Security (AKA war on your own people) and label me a terrorist. You all are jumping on the fear bandwagon to this rocket-fueled race to the bottom.
Count me out.

P.S. I don't expect your respect. I don't think my opinions will ever "earn" it.

SmallTown

Football season!
Is the world so black and white? Liberal or conservative? Is that my only choice

No, the only choice is conservative. They only throw in the term liberal for good measures.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Whatever I can do to bring my brother home as soon as possible I'll do
Then why didn't you talk him out of joining the military? I know he wasn't drafted (because we don't do that) so he must have joined under his own free will. If you "support" him so much, why didn't you talk him out of it?

We are expecting Iraqi citizens to rise up against their leaders and join us. This goes completely against your notion of having to support your troops.
So you see no difference between military men and women and a ruthless dictator who tortures and kills people for sport. Interesting.

THat's why you hate me because in that definition I am a terrorist.
I don't hate you - I don't even know you. Are you that self-centered that you think I feel a strong emotion toward you simply because you speak in tongues?

I don't think my opinions will ever "earn" it.
Good that you recognize that.