pediatric dentist?

We started bringing our son to our family dentist when he was just about 3. 2.5 years later, I won't bring him back - the technician assigned to him (whom he ALWAYS gets) doesn't seem to have any idea how to encourage a child to cooperate, short of coercion and criticism. No, it's not really that bad, but he's such a wants-to-please sort of kid, that I can't imagine that he's really as poorly behaved as she reports (she asks me to leave the room). I mean, 3-4 year olds wiggle, right? They might refuse to open their mouths occasionally, right? I don't think these are causes for criticism. My son doesn't seem to mind, but also doesn't seem to be building up any sort of trust in the process, either.

Fast forward, and the boy has twin sisters who turn 3 this fall. They are MUCH more sensitive than he is, and I cannot imagine the fiasco that would result if we brought them to our family dentist. :cds: So, I made an appointment with all 3 for a pediatric dentist in L-town (don't remember who, exactly)...but we can't get them in 'til Sept. I'm not sure if that's to be expected, but both girls already have crowding teeth and I think SOMEONE needs to see them.

Anyway...does anyone have any suggestions regarding who to bring them to? I need someone who can work with fidgety kids and who makes the process enjoyable - especially since the girls may already be developing some dental issues...

krb

Pediatric Dentistry of Southern Md--LOVE them THey are great with kids! THey are right across from the farmers market in Charlotte Hall (northern St Marys) 301-274-KIDS

Last edited:

nicole_M

I take our 3 children [5 yo son and 4 yo b/g twins] to Laura Radesca and Jose Juambeltz in Dunkirk... They are WONDERFUL. I love their staff and my kids all love going to the dentist.

ShoeQueen77

Pediatric Dentistry of Southern Md--LOVE them THey are great with kids! THey are right across from the farmers market in Charlotte Hall (northern St Marys) I think the # is 301-290-0001 (not certain though!)

:yeahthat: They let me go back with both of my boys and are always very nice. There's a pirate ship to play on in the lobby, a treasure chest to pick prizes from when they are done and I think I've even seen balloons on occasion.

jsouthan

Dr Juambeltz is the best - his staff is awesome and they have a Dunkirk and Leonardtown office.

:yeahthat: We mainly see Dr. Radescu, but they both are really good. They have TVs mounted near the ceiling in the rooms, so the kids can watch them (and be distracted) while they are being worked on. We have not had any problems and my daughter is usually pretty nervous. We go to the Dunkirk office, BTW.

lisa8439

Pediatric Dentistry of Southern Md--LOVE them THey are great with kids! THey are right across from the farmers market in Charlotte Hall (northern St Marys) 301-274-KIDS

Yes Yes Yes!!! My 4 year old is TERRIFIED of people going in her mouth and they were GREAT with her... She's had a cavity filled and did wonderful too. I couldn't believe how good they were. They give a little coin that they can use in a machine when they are done and a balloon, and she was just over the moon for it. Seriously, a million thumbs up for them - if they can handle my daughter they can handle any kid!! LOL

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I take our 3 children [5 yo son and 4 yo b/g twins] to Laura Radesca and Jose Juambeltz in Dunkirk... They are WONDERFUL. I love their staff and my kids all love going to the dentist.

Dr Juambeltz is the best - his staff is awesome and they have a Dunkirk and Leonardtown office.

:yeahthat: We mainly see Dr. Radescu, but they both are really good. They have TVs mounted near the ceiling in the rooms, so the kids can watch them (and be distracted) while they are being worked on. We have not had any problems and my daughter is usually pretty nervous. We go to the Dunkirk office, BTW.

Wow! Juambeltz? I have a few choice words for that man. I actully told him what they were too.

I tell my son if he doesn't brush his teeth we can go back to Juambeltz. Doesn't take him long to zoom off to the bathroom and scrub his teeth 20 times.