Peeve of the Day

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I understand that one, and to be honest it isn't a big deal just pisses me off when there are other pumps available. A few weeks ago a guy actually pumped his gas then sat there eating his lunch. Now, a good sammich is a great thing just not when you are blocking the diesel pump.

Seriously? That is just downright RUDE.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Speaking of scrap, we were collecting scrap metal from people to turn in to the recycle center to make a few $$ for the rescue. Well, after walking away with a whopping $18 knowing we spent most of that on fuel for the pick-up truck to pick it up and haul it to the recycle place, we gave that up. If they REALLY want to get people to recycle, make it worth the time and effort for us to get extra help to load a 200 lb furnace, to get it to the recycle place. I had to start turning down scrap metal, it just isn't worth the time/effort unless it happens to be on your way and doesn't require any extra people to coordinate.

The salvage people are only a middleman, they may not even be middle, their could be one or two other enterprises above them before the scrap goes to a manufacturer to be recycled into new whatever. Each party along the way wants to make a profit, so the margin is low. Put another way, as an individual if you are looking to make money it's a lot of hard work to scratch out a dime. If you are looking to dispose of the "junk" in a more environmentally friendly manner, than the few cents you get is a bonus on top of doing the right thing.