Pelosi: There's No 'Spending Problem'

MMDad

Lem Putt
Ok, just looked up her high school picture,,
I was wrong about the cheerleading barbie look.

Kind of like Hillary? Look at her now and say "wow, she's really gone downhill" but then you look at the older pictures and realize this is the best she's ever been.

MMDad

Lem Putt
You post an article that uses one line out of a 14 minute interview and think you are posting facts?

She said it. What do you think, that her trying to weasel her way out of any real answers makes her statement any less stupid?

If you make $100,000 per year, yet you spend $150,000 per year, do you have an earning problem or a spending problem? Are you the type that says you need to earn more so you have money for the necessitites like cruises, lobster, and designer purses?

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

SamSpade

You post an article that uses one line out of a 14 minute interview and think you are posting facts?

Why didn't you post the transcript of the entire article? Why didn't your Briebart folks post a link to the transcript?

Is it because the transcript puts the quote into context? A context that doesn't fit the propaganda agenda of the article???

No, I've seen the show and read it. It does put in a nutshell what she and others believe or at least, try to propose - that more taxes can do most of the work. And the truth is, outright confiscation of all the wealth of the richest Americans won't even come close to closing the gap.

She quickly resorts to a little legerdemain regarding spending cuts - how can anyone realistically refer to anything called a spending cuts which results in huge increases in the yearly deficit?

Here's the thing - we've reached a point in our taxation of the economy in a similar vein to where our industry affects the environment - we can't keep taxing the economy at greater rates, and not adversely affect its performance. We all hear about how the economy is rebounding, but it still hasn't managed to return federal revenues equal to 2007. You know, when all those tax cuts were in force. I'm not advocating cuts, I'm saying that what we're doing now isn't generating the kind of economy that will deliver that kind of federal revenue. Because it's killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

She doesn't get it. And I think you realize it. Despite dismissals of the argument, the comparison to a household budget demonstrates it simply - when you're running a monthly deficit, you DO have a spending problem, not an earning problem and not a "deficit" problem. Deficits are caused by exactly two things - too much money going out and not enough money going in. We've nearly reached the point of diminishing returns when it comes to taxation - you can tax more, but you won't get more. That leaves spending, and nothing they've proposed resembles real cuts.

Vince

PELOSI: Let's back up from -- with all due respect to the speaker, what he said is not the gospel truth. The fact is that a lot of the spending increases came during the Bush administration.
Of course, Boehner is a liar and it's all Bushes fault. :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A prescription drug plan that added enormous amounts to our spending, and the tax cuts at the high end that did not create jobs and create revenue coming. So that's --

Really Single out the Medicare Part D .......... :killingme

how many 'programs' have the liberals added .......

bcp

In My Opinion
Of course, Boehner is a liar and it's all Bushes fault. :lol:

and she likes to point out the wars (which I believe she was in favor of at the time) as a huge expense.
well, they were and still are huge expenses but as Ive pointed out before, you end the war, you end the expense and then there is a chance that one day, they will be paid off.
however, the foolishness coming from the democrats like obamacare and entitlements are never going to be paid off, they are going to be a continued burden on the country for eternity. And what do we really get for our money? a bunch of uneducated lazy leaches in good health. Just means they will be around longer to suck up the free stuff. I say, let them die.