Perm

emiloch

7D Girl
Does anyone know of a good salon or hairstylist to go to for a perm? I'm not talking a tight '80s curl perm, but more of a soft, wavy perm. This will be my first time getting one, so I want someone/some place trustworthy.

emiloch

7D Girl
Techno Kat said:
I think a nice perm looks fabulous on some people. Why does Chasey expect everyone to want straight hair?

I'd love straight hair, too, Chasey, but my hair just won't cooperate. Forget blow dryers, flat irons, sticky gels or mousse -- it just ain't happenin'. I figure a perm would be a nice way to make the curly part of my hair stay curly.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Actually, this thread has me thinking. I have naturally curly hair that I HATE! I straighten my hair every day. If I were to get a soft perm (think big waves; not tight ringlets), would that even work on my hair? Or would it be a waste because my hair is already nappy curly? :confused:

emiloch

7D Girl
That's exactly what I want! My hair is half wavy, half frizz, so I figure maybe this would solve both problems. I'd prefer a wavy perm, not something with tight curls. That will also best replicate my natural look.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
emiloch said:
That's exactly what I want! My hair is half wavy, half frizz, so I figure maybe this would solve both problems. I'd prefer a wavy perm, not something with tight curls. That will also best replicate my natural look.
Since a perm can damage your hair, wouldn't it be more frizzy? :confused:

nicole_M

I always had naturally straight hair...and wanted a perm like you all are talking about, but after I delivered my twins, for some reason, my hair turned curly....I mean CURLY. I think it is SO odd. But pregnancy can do wierd things to us....

I haven't been there myself, but there is a new high end salon in the Lusby Town Center called Michaelangelo's. My fiance went to school with the girl that owns it, and she also has a salon in Dunkirk. I can't come to terms with paying $60 for a haircut, but I bet for that price, they do awesome work.

Let us know how it turns out!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Techno Kat said:
I think a nice perm looks fabulous on some people. Why does Chasey expect everyone to want straight hair?
What does your hair look like?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
nicole_moreland said:
I always had naturally straight hair...and wanted a perm like you all are talking about, but after I delivered my twins, for some reason, my hair turned curly....I mean CURLY. I think it is SO odd. But pregnancy can do wierd things to us....

I haven't been there myself, but there is a new high end salon in the Lusby Town Center called Michaelangelo's. My fiance went to school with the girl that owns it, and she also has a salon in Dunkirk. I can't come to terms with paying $60 for a haircut, but I bet for that price, they do awesome work.

Let us know how it turns out!
My straight hair turned curly a couple years ago. I wonder if it will go back if I have a baby?

sockgirl77

emiloch said:
Does anyone know of a good salon or hairstylist to go to for a perm? I'm not talking a tight '80s curl perm, but more of a soft, wavy perm. This will be my first time getting one, so I want someone/some place trustworthy.
Amanda at Hair Cuts, Inc. 301-862-4056. She did a great job on mine. After 8 or 9 months, it still looks great. :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Techno Kat said:
I refuse to enter this discussion. I have seen how you all are acting with Jayden.
Take the stick out of your butt and play along. :dance: