Phentermine

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Best thing to do is get a full physical including bloodwork done. See where your blood pressure, cholestrol, thyroid, ect. all of those are. If your doctor is concerned about any of those levels and high blood pressure, high cholestrol, diabetes run in your family, then these may be a factor and may show up in the bloodwork. It could be causing you not to loose weight as well. A well balanced diet and exercise will also help. Cut out sugar, processed foods, salt, sodas, switch to whole grains, eat more fresh fruit and veggies, also drink water throughout the day.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Best thing to do is get a full physical including bloodwork done. See where your blood pressure, cholestrol, thyroid, ect. all of those are. If your doctor is concerned about any of those levels and high blood pressure, high cholestrol, diabetes run in your family, then these may be a factor and may show up in the bloodwork. It could be causing you not to loose weight as well. A well balanced diet and exercise will also help. Cut out sugar, processed foods, salt, sodas, switch to whole grains, eat more fresh fruit and veggies, also drink water throughout the day.
But where's the fun in that? :shrug:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I went to Dr. Cafferty 2 yrs ago. Told him I hated my weight and he gave me the prescription. No questions asked. I lost 60 lbs in a few months. I know he is not available now but I can say that pill does give you incentive to eat better when you see results quicker.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
But where's the fun in that? :shrug:

It isn't fun, but if someone wants to keep the weight off and not to come back on, the person should change his/her diet. I've done it but also for other health reasons, shed the weight as well as loosing more, I do have the splurge but when I do I make sure I have my sweets made with natural sugars not corn syrups.

Nothing is easy and the weight didn't come on overnight so it isn't going to come off overnight. It takes work and there is no magic pill or surgery that works for everyone.

I'm no expert by anymeans, I only know what has worked for myself and what I have been researching for becoming a personal trainer along with following a heathlier lifestyle with food and exercise.

SMC_Gal

I had a prescription for Phentermine through my regular doctor's office (Jarboe/Nichols). Personally I didn't lose much, and as soon as I stopped taking the pills the weight came back on. It is a nice added boost to weight loss, but as a previous poster said- you also need to eat right, and exercise. :cds:

angelbaby

Dr. D Shah in calvert will. He will make you do a full work up before prescribing it. Blood work, EKG, etc. He monitors you the whole time and will make you take breaks so you don't develop an addiction. Its not a complete solution to losing weight. It is a tool to help you by controlling your appetite.

D

dems4me

Dr. D Shah in calvert will. He will make you do a full work up before prescribing it. Blood work, EKG, etc. He monitors you the whole time and will make you take breaks so you don't develop an addiction. Its not a complete solution to losing weight. It is a tool to help you by controlling your appetite.

Is this the Dr. Shah that is a GI doctor?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
My dr had thought about putting me on it but I pointed out to them that I have a history of a heart murmur. They didn't put me on it. Told me the say thing that Chasey said and jwwb.

I am still getting the diet part better...but it wasn't worth having a heart attack over.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Exercising and NOT PUTTING FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH will do this too. "I don't have any willpower" is just an excuse. It takes discipline but it can be done. Unless there is a real, credible underlying medical reason that makes weight-loss impossible, drugs are a cop-out and a crutch.

angelbaby

Exercising and NOT PUTTING FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH will do this too. "I don't have any willpower" is just an excuse. It takes discipline but it can be done. Unless there is a real, credible underlying medical reason that makes weight-loss impossible, drugs are a cop-out and a crutch.

Well how nice of you to judge thanks. What are you like a size 2? I didnt use it as a cure all or a fast fix. Matter of fact in 1 years time (off and on phentermine) I lost 50 lbs. Its actually been a year and a month. I don't think that's too bad. I do watch what I eat and exercise. In the last few months I havent even taken it regularly because I dont need it. I automatically eat smaller portions now. I credit that to phentermine because it helped me eat smaller portions and now thats a habit. To each their own...call it a cop-out but I don't consider it that. It's all in how you use it.