Pho Saigon

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Went today and the food was really good. I had pho with brisket and grilled pork summer rolls, then stole a couple of Monello's stuffed grape leaves (these were incredible, btw). The restaurant is a little grubby and the condiment tray could use a good cleaning, but nothing that will deter me in the future.

I hope hope hope they can stay in business - that building is the kiss of death for some reason, like the building where Charles Street Brasserie is. Inhabited by the ghosts of failed restaurants past and bad luck.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Went today and the food was really good. I had pho with brisket and grilled pork summer rolls, then stole a couple of Monello's stuffed grape leaves (these were incredible, btw). The restaurant is a little grubby and the condiment tray could use a good cleaning, but nothing that will deter me in the future.

I hope hope hope they can stay in business - that building is the kiss of death for some reason, like the building where Charles Street Brasserie is. Inhabited by the ghosts of failed restaurants past and bad luck.
It was tasty! I had my left over soup for dinner tonight. :yum:

Loper

Animal Poor!

It was my first time there as well today. I have never had Vietnamese food before and didn't realize the pho came with a big glob of onions on top. We had the waiter come over and asked if we could get mine boxed up and have another made without the glob of onions. We specifically stated that we would pay for the first order because it was our fault. He took away the first bowl and brought out one without and wouldn't charge us for the other. We left a very nice tip! I do agree the place could use a good scrub down but the food was wonderful! I am pretty sure you guys came in while we were there. You guys sat in the first big round table with a boy?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am pretty sure you guys came in while we were there. You guys sat in the first big round table with a boy?

That was us!

What pho did you get? Mine didn't have onions, just a sprinkling of the green onions like it's supposed to.

Loper

Animal Poor!
That was us!

What pho did you get? Mine didn't have onions, just a sprinkling of the green onions like it's supposed to.

I got the pho with flank steak and my husband got the pho with rare steak. Both of them had a huge glob of raw white onions on top with the green onions and cilantro. We've met years ago in passing and I have seen BadGirl at the produce auctions. lol I didn't think you would remember who I was so I didn't come crash your table and say Hi.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Ok, is it just me or does their service leave something to be desired? I've been there twice. I believe it's been evening both times (after 7 p.m.). I just don't feel they are friendly. Hardly come back to check on you. Last night after we were seated, someone else came and brought us water. Didn't take a drink order. Hubby flagged him down and asked for a Coke. Got our food, yummy of course! Still no drink after about 15 mins. Hubby flagged guy down again and asked for his drink. He brings it out, sets it on the table and leaves. No apology or anything. I really like the food but I also like to made to feel they are glad we chose to eat there. I don't expect back flips necessarily but friendliness, yes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't find Asian restaurants in general to have friendly or prompt service. Pho Saigon was fairly normal in that aspect, I thought.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I don't find Asian restaurants in general to have friendly or prompt service. Pho Saigon was fairly normal in that aspect, I thought.

I've only been to Pho, and the Chinese buffet in Leonardtown (unless you count Okada or P F Changs, if you count those in this category). Much better service. Maybe next time we'll just get it to go.

BernieP

Resident PIA

racist! :)

Actually I have found (in other locations) service in Asian restaurants to be on a par with others in terms for friendly and prompt service. But in this area, friendly, prompt and accurate service is somewhat of an aberration.

NTNG

Ate there 2 weeks ago. Waiter would never refill our drinks unless we called for him to do so. He forgot 2/4 appetizers, then wanted to charge us for them. Food was so-so, not going back anytime soon...