PHS student collaped while playing basketball

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
PHS student collapsed while playing basketball

I just got this in my email:

Today at PHS, a student collapsed while playing basketball. School staff administered life-saving measures and called for emergency medical personnel. The Emergency Response Team arrived within minutes and continued to provide treatment and transported the student to Calvert Memorial Hospital. Please keep this student and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

cgwife

I just got this in my email:

Today at PHS, a student collapsed while playing basketball. School staff administered life-saving measures and called for emergency medical personnel. The Emergency Response Team arrived within minutes and continued to provide treatment and transported the student to Calvert Memorial Hospital. Please keep this student and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

So terribly sad. I am sending prayers with EVERYTHING I have!

red_explorer

So terribly sad. I am sending prayers with EVERYTHING I have!
From one of my friends...."today was supposed to be a fun day with faculty follies this afternoon...praying for the family effected... she was told the boy passed away...praying that was wrong information.. they just cancelled all afterschool activites at mill creek middle school because of the incident..."

jtjccgirl

Does anyone know if the teen made it? I have heard he did not and then I just talk to someone who said that was just a rumor...So Sad!

keepsmiling

I went to get my son around 12:45 as did quite a few others. It was very hectic up there, figured the less they had to deal with.

Anyway kids hve started putting RIP on his facebook. So sad. Prayers for the family.

keepsmiling

I don't think it is a rumor. I just read his sisters page and people are sending their prayers to her and family and she has written back short messages.

Please keep his family, PHS staff and students in your thoughts and prayers.

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
The kids who witnessed it must really be traumatized. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
My condolences to his family and friends. They will have grief counselors at the school on monday but I think there are kids who could use somebody to talk to about this right now.

keepsmiling

My condolences to his family and friends. They will have grief counselors at the school on monday but I think there are kids who could use somebody to talk to about this right now.

AGREED they are asking questions. I'm just listening to him but now they are on their facebooks and xboxes and i can hear them saying something about it here and there.

jtjccgirl

This is such a terrible thing that has happend. Yes,several students witnessed this and it has effected so many of them. This same thing happend to a student that went to Calvert high last year. Prayers to these parents and what they must be going through.
God bless you!!

angelbaby

My daughter witnessed what happened today. He had a seizure. He was a great friend to her and my son. He will be dearly missed by all of us. Prayers to his family for their loss. :frown: