pit bulls/rottweilers

krieger0331

pit bulls get a bad reputation because of idiots who raise them to fight there actually a good dog to have if raised and trained right there very loyal and protective and a very good friend of mine had a blue nose female pit around his new born son and still has it with no problems. There very tough and there pain tolerance is extremely high so when little kids accidentally hurt them they don't get mad and bite the only pits that attack people are the ones raised by scumbags like Michael Vick

Roxie04

I rest my case.

I have English Mastiffs that I take everywhere with me. If anything they get to much attention from people. They absolutly love it, roll on their backs for belly rubs. I have never had one person tell me they were afraid of my dog or go out of their way to walk around them.

Roxie04

No, i do not think so. Why should all dogs be punished just because you were scared by one once...........

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I have sixty pound Boxer who makes people uncomfortable to the point they walk on the other side of the street. Can you imagine a 200 pound Rotweiller!?!
I used to go to the dog park at Lancaster, that was educational.
The most interesting day was being in the fenced area surrounded by 16 dogs:
Rottweillers, Pits (especialy one huge black one whose head was HUGE), German Shepards, Pinschers, Boxers and one Beagle.
Everything on the "Do Not Even Think Of Getting Dangerous Dog List".
No problems, not one. Made me comment that people should get along this well.
The funny thing was there were all kinds of parents with their kids looking in commenting on which dog to stay away from.

I LOVE Lancaster dog park :yahoo:

I don't have a dog but that is what you should do if you have one.

And that's why YOU don't have a dog :lmao:

How can you tell a responsible dog owner from a irresponsible one?

For example, a HUGE pit with a big fat head was roaming down Hermanville rd the other day. I stopped to pick him up and look for his home... when I found his home, a puppy pit walked out from the back of the house to the front to greet me.... would you say that a responsible dog owner? Nope.

A responsible dog owner is someone who socializes their dog with other dogs through dog parks, puppy play groups, training groups as well as takes them to the vet for regular shots, grooming (if needed), has a fenced in yard, doesn't beat his/her dog, feeds him/her, picks up the pup's poo.... there is a much involved in being a responsible dog owner.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I rest my case.

May I point out that before you judge you had better be a pretty fair expert on what you are talking about.
You have no experience at all with dogs and you express your opinion as if you knew my dog.
She has been raised around children since she was puppy. Has been socialized around other dogs and has been trained by myself. She plays - note - I said plays, not - eats - with toddlers very gently. She even let a puppy chew on her ears without even growling.
You judge on a preconceived notion that any dog that looks dangerous, ie has TEETH, is dangerous.
Get a life, get a cat and keep your kids in front of a computer so you can hover over them.
:cds:

Bibliophilic

All dogs should be muzzled if they are off their owners' property.

I agree -- you are an idiot. Dogs don't sweat like we do to release heat -- they pant, which a muzzle prevents. In certain short-term situations, that would be perfectly acceptable, but definitely not on an outing to a park. IMHO, that is unnecessarily cruel.

Cowgirl

I agree -- you are an idiot. Dogs don't sweat like we do to release heat -- they pant, which a muzzle prevents. In certain short-term situations, that would be perfectly acceptable, but definitely not on an outing to a park. IMHO, that is unnecessarily cruel.

Not saying I agree dogs should be muzzled, but there are muzzles out there that allow dogs to pant and drink while wearing them.

Basket Muzzles

Terence

Error 404
Not all pit bulls and rottweilers are bad. Its just how they were raised,treated and if they're skittish. If they're afraid of other people than they might bark or growl at u only for their protection just like any other dogs. But yea idk dont show fear if you come upon one out in the open it can some how thrive on your fear and it could possibly make the situation even worst.

I've only been seriously bit by doberman, boxer (my fault) and some non descript little dog when I was a little kid; couldn't get away from that little sucker and he got me a bunch of times. Dobies freak me out, I've been around too many that were, well, just scary.