Pizza

catlingirl

Every time I go in there for take out in PF, they are always empty. And it’s usually around dinnertime

BernieP

Resident PIA
My guess? Dumped a ton of money into a third location and are now too broke to hire the staff needed to run those locations. In turn, service and food quality go down, no one wants to go back, and the place goes under.

I hope that's not the case.

Not to be trite, but good staff is hard to hire. Particularly when there are better paying jobs available.
I think the food service business has to take a look at changing how they compensate wait staff.
In Europe you don't tip, being a waiter is thought of a little more highly than in the US.
Good service, knowledge of the menu is expected. Therefore all restaurants pay their wait staff a better wage.
here you get a lot of highly unmotivated individuals who ruin a meal, but want a tip.

Catman2

I called in a salad topped with salmon on the way back from the gym- at least 45 mins she said....An hour and 45 minutes later they gave me a free salad. it was crazy. They were so understaffed and slammed. And the owner was working also. Why not just hire more people?
Same insider said her $15 waitress paycheck bounced.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My guess? Dumped a ton of money into a third location and are now too broke to hire the staff needed to run those locations. In turn, service and food quality go down, no one wants to go back, and the place goes under.

I hope that's not the case.
I said that exact thing to Foxhound. (I might have posted it here someplace, too) I hope not, because I have always liked the food I've tried, and the service, along with the long time employees.

Bann

PREMO Member
It's no secret that Sal and Maria Lubrano are, or at least were, the owners. Am I to understand that they no longer own the PF location?
I think they still own all 3 locations. From my understanding.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If you want a great pizza do this.

1. Go to Isabella's in B'more's Little Italy.

Else

2. Get a clay pizza stone. Make a homemade dough with 00 flour.
2a. Turn up your oven as high as it will go.
2b. Get that stone red hot.
2c. Make your pizza and cook it on the stone. Add what ever ingredients you like. The Monello Special has marinated artichoke hearts, sliced red onion, diced green peppers and marinated black olives.

YMMV

Buon appetito!

Catman2

If you want a great pizza do this.

1. Go to Isabella's in B'more's Little Italy.

Else

2. Get a clay pizza stone. Make a homemade dough with 00 flour.
2a. Turn up your oven as high as it will go.
2b. Get that stone red hot.
2c. Make your pizza and cook it on the stone. Add what ever ingredients you like. The Monello Special has marinated artichoke hearts, sliced red onion, diced green peppers and marinated black olives.

YMMV

Buon appetito!
These stunads don't even know what gabbagool is. Sheesh.

black dog

Free America
Make your pizza and cook it on the stone. Add what ever ingredients you like. The Monello Special has marinated artichoke hearts, sliced red onion, diced green peppers and marinated black olives.

YMMV
Buon appetito!

And now we all know why Vrai drives herself in front of the motorhome.

Bann

PREMO Member
These stunads don't even know what gabbagool is. Sheesh.
The dialects in Italy vary widely, but I never heard that one when I lived in Naples.

That one seems a bit Americanized. (New Yawk-ish) :lol:

(love Capicola, btw)