Plan to burn Confederate flags....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"A Florida artist has vowed to stage burnings and “belated burials” of the Confederate flag as part of an exhibit he said would take place in multiple Southern cities on Memorial Day, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

“The Confederate flag is a flag of terror from its use by the [Ku Klux] Klan in the ’20s to the anti-civil rights movement in the ’50s and ’60s,” John Sims said. “The flag is almost too toxic to handle, and for those who do, I’m suspicious of their engagement. Are you in denial?”

The project is reportedly slated to take place in all of the former Confederate states, along with cities in Kentucky and Missouri. The exhibit is the latest in a series of works Sims has done involving the flag, saying he was inspired by how often he saw it after moving to Florida."

1382865305586163.png

This_person

Link

"A Florida artist has vowed to stage burnings and “belated burials” of the Confederate flag as part of an exhibit he said would take place in multiple Southern cities on Memorial Day, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

“The Confederate flag is a flag of terror from its use by the [Ku Klux] Klan in the ’20s to the anti-civil rights movement in the ’50s and ’60s,” John Sims said. “The flag is almost too toxic to handle, and for those who do, I’m suspicious of their engagement. Are you in denial?”

The project is reportedly slated to take place in all of the former Confederate states, along with cities in Kentucky and Missouri. The exhibit is the latest in a series of works Sims has done involving the flag, saying he was inspired by how often he saw it after moving to Florida."

View attachment 108320
I'm sure the same people who said the "Draw Mohamed" incident was entirely inappropriate because it was reasonably expected to be bitterly offensive to people will also find this equally unacceptable because it, too, will be reasonably expected to be bitterly offensive to some people. Let's hear from one and all of those people about how this is wrong!!

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm sure the same people who said the "Draw Mohamed" incident was entirely inappropriate because it was reasonably expected to be bitterly offensive to people will also find this equally unacceptable because it, too, will be reasonably expected to be bitterly offensive to some people. Let's hear from one and all of those people about how this is wrong!!

The only thing wrong with stuff like this (and the cartoon thing) is people having this much pointless time on their hands.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Wonder how many riots will be sparked, heads lopped off, when and if this occurs.........

Besides, everybody will be at the beach.

Last edited:

Good point.

Dear Mr. Sims:

Rock out wichya #### out bro. You gotta do what makes you happy or gives you some sense of purpose. (Well, I suppose you don't gotta, but you can.)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Dear Mr. Sims:

Rock out wichya #### out bro. You gotta do what makes you happy or gives you some sense of purpose. (Well, I suppose you don't gotta, but you can.)

Guess dude planning this is just anotha creepy ass white crackah......

Hijinx

The easiest way to hurt Mr. Sims is to ignore him.
BFD, he burns a Confederate flag No harm , no foul

F**k him and the horse he rode in on.

An Artist?????????????????? No, an idiot---------More true to form.

Midnightrider

The easiest way to hurt Mr. Sims is to ignore him.
BFD, he burns a Confederate flag No harm , no foul

F**k him and the horse he rode in on.

An Artist?????????????????? No, an idiot---------More true to form.

Why would anyone care if he, or anyone for that matter, burn the confederate flag?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Why would anyone care if he, or anyone for that matter, burn the confederate flag?

You do know that the Civil War was not about slavery as the sole/major issue, right? 1% owned slaves and some were Black owners. It was about the power of government becoming overwhelming. The same thing is happening now. Will this happen again because government is out of control and no one learns from history? We shall see.

So yes, the Confederate flag has meaning. There have been a few states in modern history in our time that want to secede.

Last edited:

daileyck1

You do know that the Civil War was not about slavery as the sole/major issue, right? 1% owned slaves and some were Black owners. It was about the power of government becoming overwhelming. The same thing is happening now. Will this happen again because government is out of control and no one learns from history? We shall see.

So yes, the Confederate flag has meaning. There have been a few states in modern history in our time that want to secede.

The war of Northern aggression. :buddies:

Midnightrider

Hey retard, none of that has anything to do with what I said, nor does it explain why anyone would have a problem with the burning of a confederate flag.

Hijinx

Hey retard, none of that has anything to do with what I said, nor does it explain why anyone would have a problem with the burning of a confederate flag.

It's a white thing. You wouldn't understand.

Just like why would anyone sit still for hours and let someone tie knots in their hair so they don't have to wash or comb it for a month.

Midnightrider

It's a white thing. You wouldn't understand.

Just like why would anyone sit still for hours and let someone tie knots in their hair so they don't have to wash or comb it for a month.
I understand white things and I couldn't care any less about the confederate flag.