Plant and Recycled Art Sale - April 18th

Apr 18th - Spring Fling - Recycled Art Show and Auction & Plant Sale at Forrest Career and Tech Center next to Leonardtown High School. 8 a.m. - noon.

Mid April is the perfect time to buy your various seedlings for transplanting! Please stop by and check out the plants for sale as well as the unique lawn art.

This is a fundraiser to raise money for the students who recently placed 1st in their field at the SkillsUSA State competition. Each 1st place winner at state will be traveling to Kansas City, Missouri in June for the National competition. It will cost our tech center approx. $1800 per student to fly them out and house them for the week long competition.

There will also be a Schwann's Food truck there and a portion of the proceeds will go to the school for the trip as well!

Thank you for your support!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Apr 18th - Spring Fling - Recycled Art Show and Auction & Plant Sale at Forrest Career and Tech Center next to Leonardtown High School. 8 a.m. - noon.

Mid April is the perfect time to buy your various seedlings for transplanting! Please stop by and check out the plants for sale as well as the unique lawn art.

This is a fundraiser to raise money for the students who recently placed 1st in their field at the SkillsUSA State competition. Each 1st place winner at state will be traveling to Kansas City, Missouri in June for the National competition. It will cost our tech center approx. $1800 per student to fly them out and house them for the week long competition.

There will also be a Schwann's Food truck there and a portion of the proceeds will go to the school for the trip as well!

:howdy: Did you put this on the calendar? I hope I remember!

GardeningGal

Where are the plants coming from? Donations from a plant nursery or people that have plants they want to get rid of or they have grown themselves?

Where are the plants coming from? Donations from a plant nursery or people that have plants they want to get rid of or they have grown themselves?
I believe the majority of them are plants that have been grown by the horticultural team of the tech center. The tech center has some very nice, big green houses. I will get more details on Monday once school opens back up and will post more details then.

GardeningGal

I believe the majority of them are plants that have been grown by the horticultural team of the tech center. The tech center has some very nice, big green houses. I will get more details on Monday once school opens back up and will post more details then.

Sounds great to me...I will try to get there to check it out and spread the word..

FORREST CENTER HOSTING ANNUAL SPRING FLING PLANT SALE
Location: Forrest Career & Technology Center, Leonardtown, MD
Date: 4/18/2009
Time: 8 AM - NOON
Duration: 04:00
The Dr. James A. Forrest Career & Technology Center will host its annual Spring Fling Plant Sale on Saturday, April 18, 2009, 8:00 a.m. to noon, at the school site located at 24005 Point Lookout Road, Leonardtown, MD.

Plants from the Forrest Center’s horticulture program will be sold. A variety of plants are for sale including many annuals in flat and hanging baskets, as well as veggies a limited number of perennials are available.This year, the Spring Fling will also feature a Repurposed Art Auction which showcases creations by Forrest Center students who transformed waste and recycled materials into “objects of art.” The silent auction takes place 9:00 a.m. to noon.
Additionally, a Schwan’s fundraiser will be held. Schwan’s sells a variety of food and meal items. The truck will be located in front of the Forrest Center. Visit Schwan’s online at SCHWAN'S®: Time Saving Food, Online Grocery Shopping & Home Delivery Service. A portion of the Schwan’s purchases and all other proceeds from this event will benefit the Forrest Center’s horticulture program and SkillsUSA chapter. For more information, contact the school at 301-475-0242.

The_MailLadi

Most of the plants have been grown by the students in the Horticulture Class, my daughter is a senior student there. I had bought quite a bit last year and they have a great variety of vegetables and flowering plants. It is supposed to be a gorgeous day on Saturday.

Techno Kat

Wow! And what a beautiful morning for this... thanks, kwillia, I'll be there! :clap: