Please answer me this

mAlice

professional daydreamer
i just rode past the polling place in my area. there are two cops at the polling place. i stop and asked why they were there and how long they would be there. they would not give me the reason where they were there expect that they were told to be there. and that they would be there all night.

in all of the year that i have voted i have never seen cops there. do they know something that we dont know and are they getting ready for the worst

Did you really think they were going to tell you what they were doing there?

:roflmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
There was a cop inside at PHS this morning too. He looked like he was bored out of his mind and could've used a cup of coffee. As I remember it 2 years ago they had a PO there too. No big deal.

cashncarry

There was a cop inside at PHS this morning too. He looked like he was bored out of his mind and could've used a cup of coffee. As I remember it 2 years ago they had a PO there too. No big deal.
Read the news story The cop being shot at a polling place at 2:30 A.M. by a suspected burgular had nothing to do with the school being used as a polling place 4 hours later.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Read the news story The cop being shot at a polling place at 2:30 A.M. by a suspected burgular had nothing to do with the school being used as a polling place 4 hours later.

What news story? I don't see one attached to this thread.

I was just commenting that I've seen cops at the polls BEFORE today's election.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Police are usually located at polling locations. Maybe not all the time, nor in full force etc. However, considering some of the various intimidation stories that are being reported today, I'd be happy to have them there and wouldn't worry about it.

Personally, I don't even like the guys and gals that stand out front and shove brochures and crap in your face as you are trying to go vote and think those people should be arrested.

cashncarry

I hope the police plan to be out in force tonight and tomorrow. Even here in little old St. Mary's County, I understand there may be rioting - with a win or a loss.
Hey Baja - there is a group right in our hood making plans for mayhem. Lock your vehicle and stay alert.
Don't go startin' crap which has no basis what so ever!!

cashncarry

Police are usually located at polling locations. Maybe not all the time, nor in full force etc. However, considering some of the various intimidation stories that are being reported today, I'd be happy to have them there and wouldn't worry about it.

Personally, I don't even like the guys and gals that stand out front and shove brochures and crap in your face as you are trying to go vote and think those people should be arrested.
Here's my tried and true trick with them; make eye contact, smile, and shake your head no and keep on walking.

cashncarry

What news story? I don't see one attached to this thread.

I was just commenting that I've seen cops at the polls BEFORE today's election.

I didn't see the news story posted here but it was on MSN, NBC 4's web site. I like to read other sources for information other than SOMD forums.

shenanigan160

For as long as I can remember Police Officers in this County have been at the polling placing to preserve the integrity of the voting process. There are not going to be uprisings or shoot outs etc... The incident involving the Laurel P.D. Officer was not related to the Presidential Election.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I didn't see the news story posted here but it was on MSN, NBC 4's web site. I like to read other sources for information other than SOMD forums.

So do I, but I don't sit at a desk all day and I'm quite busy this afternoon.

Most of the news I read here I've already read somewhere else if it interested me, but I come here to read people's comments for another perspective.

Don't go startin' crap which has no basis what so ever!!

Obama plans election victory party as police steel themselves for riots if McCain wins vote | Mail Online

If Obama is elected, like with sports championships, people may go out and riot,’ claimed Bob Parks, an internet columnist and black Republican candidate for state representative in Massachusetts.

If Barack Obama loses there will be another large group of people who will assume the election was stolen from him. This will be an opportunity for people who want to commit mischief,’ he added.

James Carville Hints at Riots If Obama Loses Election | NewsBusters.org

Police fear riots

TheHill.com - Police prepare for unrest

Police Fears Riots