Point Lookout/St Georges Island areas

nobody really

I need a nap
I heard on the news ocean city is considering banning the sale of alchohol starting today to eliminate "hurricane parties". like that's going to stop them.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I heard on the news ocean city is considering banning the sale of alchohol starting today to eliminate "hurricane parties". like that's going to stop them.

It was banned at 0000 this morning. All entry into the city is prohibited as well unless you're emergency personnel.

John Z

if you will
In all seriousness - it comes down to what feels safe to the individual's living there. Just a personal choice.

And remember, this forum can be very helpful and informative, but always be prepared for the regulars to threadjack and take your discussion off course. It is just part of life here. :neener: :shrug:

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
They should if they are worried..

sSig_agreed.gif

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Should they voluntarily evacuate?

They are estimating a 4-8 ft storm surge + waves on top of that.

Since the roads are not 4-8 ft abover the water, do you have the resources to survive until the storm passes? Power and water will be gone and no services will be available in the event of a medical emergency or fire.

The cost of emergency supplies might be about the same as a hotel room

buddscreekman

I'll re-phrase the question. I meant,do you think these areas will evacuate on a mass level or even as a mandatory as Ocean City has. Granted we aren't near the ocean here but when you watch the news projections it shows an area of extreme impact being not only O.C.,but also including a portion of SMC. I've not heard any news of shelters being offered or set up for an emergency and that seems odd given the projections for these areas. So I wonder are people in these parts of SMC simply going to ride it out,leave on their own,or will there be a last minute shelter situation set up. During Isabel Spring Ridge was a designated shelter area and this was established fairly early on but this time around nothing. We are planning to be out of town,decided to take an early vacation weekend,but what about people who cannot afford a hotel? Are they just s.o.l.?