Police Officer arrests Nurse.

littlelady

God bless the USA
For better or worse, often times public opinion is the only catalyst for government oversight.

I get what you are saying about public opinion. That is why Trump is prez. But, what I don't get is how much animosity is being shown against him. Actually, I do get it, and that is what is really scary.

Actually, I do get it. Most of our politicians are in it for themselves, and couldn't give two shiats about the people.

I wish I could find the meme of Hillary today that hub showed me. It showed Hillary on the floor, and said: I wasn't elected, and I can't shut up. :lol:

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
For better or worse, often times public opinion is the only catalyst for government oversight.

That's absolutely true in alot of cases.
I was talking last night to one of my ex BIL's that's now a retired forensic chemist for a local PD and he also took blood samples for the dept.
He pointed out something that most overlooked in this case.
The officer is a forensic phlebotomist.
He wanted to draw blood.
The nurse said you can't do that without a warrant. She did not interfere with his drawing the blood. He easily could have walked right by her and did what he wanted, and if she interfered he could have arrested her then, but he didn't.
The officer arrested her for telling him no.

Her crime is contempt of cop.

Food for thought..

Chris0nllyn

Police Union is not happy and the accident victim has died.

William Gray, 43, a full-time truck driver and a part-time reserve officer with the Rigby, Idaho, police department, passed away Monday night at the hospital, according to a Facebook post by his department.

Meanwhile, the president of Salt Lake City’s police union, Stephen Hartney, on Monday sent a letter to Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown and Mayor Jackie Biskupski saying the city’s handling of the situation had “unfairly and improperly made pariahs” of the officers involved in the arrest, Detective Jeff Payne and Lt. James Tracy.

Hartney, of the Salt Lake Police Association, said in a Monday letter to Brown and Biskupski that the police union’s executive board was “extremely concerned and dismayed” at the “premature release” of the officers‘ body camera footage and information related to the disciplinary investigation.

The letter claims the city has not followed an “agreed upon and carefully scripted process” for investigating the conduct of police officers. At the news conference, Hartney focused on if the city should have released the footage so soon under the state‘s Government Records Access and Management Act (GRAMA), considering the release could have interfered with the internal affairs investigation.

*Keep in mind, the police and the hospital had agreed on a process for drawing the blood.

Hartney seemed to criticize Wubbels on Tuesday for enflaming the situating by “resisting arrest,” saying he noticed her “swat” at Payne as he tried to grab her.

His letter also notes that “police tactics sometimes strike the untrained lay person as excessive and even abusive, when they are anything but.”

Taking someone into custody “does involve going hands on and an officer must be forceful, particularly when the arrestee is refusing to cooperate or strikes out at the officer...” the letter says.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/09/...versity-hospital-blood-draw-controversy-dies/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:lmao: Right, because we untrained laypersons are too stupid to recognize abuse of authority when we clearly see it. :lol:

The point is that the cop should have never "taken her into custody" in the first place. She explained the rules to him. She had her supervisor explain the rules to him. She showed him the freaking paper that had the rules printed on it. The cop had no reason to arrest her whatsoever and when the police union takes up his cause it makes them all look like a bunch of ####bags. It only hurts cops all across America when they do this, and fuels the cop haters with actual incidents that they can point to and go, "See???"

Last I looked, they're also trying to cover up for that cop who shot that woman in Minneapolis.

Hijinx

:lmao: Right, because we untrained laypersons are too stupid to recognize abuse of authority when we clearly see it. :lol:

The point is that the cop should have never "taken her into custody" in the first place. She explained the rules to him. She had her supervisor explain the rules to him. She showed him the freaking paper that had the rules printed on it. The cop had no reason to arrest her whatsoever and when the police union takes up his cause it makes them all look like a bunch of ####bags. It only hurts cops all across America when they do this, and fuels the cop haters with actual incidents that they can point to and go, "See???"

Last I looked, they're also trying to cover up for that cop who shot that woman in Minneapolis.

They are a fraternity that excuses many abuses made by their officers.
In a way they have to be able to help each other as so many people will claim abuse when there is none.
But in this case it is my opinion that the officer involved was a first class prick who was overwhelmed by the nurse's refusal to comply with him.
I agree the police association is only making things worse by doubling down on what even they know was a BS arrest

This_person

It doesn't just make good cops (the overwhelming vast majority of them) look bad. It also gives an accurate sense of unions in the twenty-first century

glhs837

Power with Control
Payne's lawyer, Greg Skordas, said he plans to appeal the decision. Skordas said Tuesday that Payne would still have a job if the video of the arrest hadn't gone viral.

Well, no kidding, Sherlock. Here's another thing I think is bull.

Payne’s supervisor, Lt. James Tracy, was demoted to officer, the Associated Press reported. His lawyer, Ed Brass, couldn’t immediately be reached.

Tracy made an impulsive decision in ordering Payne to arrest Wubbels without first taking time to understand the facts of the situation and the law, Salt Lake City police chief Mike Brown wrote in his disciplinary letter.

So, the azzhole who gave the order, he only gets demoted while the guy who followed the order gets fired? I was always taught that authority can be delegated, but responsibility cannot. Not for these guys I guess.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, the azzhole who gave the order, he only gets demoted while the guy who followed the order gets fired? I was always taught that authority can be delegated, but responsibility cannot. Not for these guys I guess.

#### always rolls downhill. Biskupski needs to get a handle on her cops.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Chief Mike Brown. Now there is some irony. Sports reporter Robert Lee would be amused.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Utah Cop Who Handcuffed Screaming Nurse Fired From Police Department
The Salt Lake City detective tried to force a health care worker to draw blood from an unconscious patient.

According to Fox News, Salt Lake City Police Department Chief Mike Brown announced Tuesday that, following an internal investigation, Officer Jeff Payne has been terminated and would no longer serve with the Salt Lake City police.

Payne captured national attention when a body cam video, taken from another officer on the scene, appeared to show the detective screaming at and then chasing University Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels, who refused the detective's order to draw blood from an unconscious car crash victim who couldn't consent.

Wubbels cited a hospital policy which prohibited her from performing a medical procedure on an unconscious patient absent an exigent circumstance. Payne did not have a warrant for the blood, regardless, but he and his supervisor, Lt. James Tracy, told Wubbels she could be arrested if she refused their orders. Wubbels continued to refuse, so Payne and Tracy dragged her, screaming, out of the hospital, pushed her up against a wall, and handcuffed her.

Both a hospital board and an independent review board said that Wubbels was in the right. Payne also should have known better: according to earlier reports, Payne served as an emergency medical technician in his off hours from the police department.

Rommey

Utah nurse arrested by police reaches $500K settlement
The Utah nurse who was arrested over the summer for not allowing an officer to draw a blood sample from a patient has reached a $500,000 settlement, according to The Associated Press.

An attorney for Alex Wubbels said that the nurse plans to use a portion of the settlement to put toward a new initiative to help others pay for video clips from police body cameras, a Fox affiliate in Salt Lake City reported.