Politicizing sports = big mistake

black dog

Free America
I am sorry, vrai, but you made me laugh. You banned me when I was mamatutu. For whatever reason, I will never know.

Was it was because I went after bann. :lol: You, also, gave me an infraction as littlelady 2 years ago, and reason was 'don't start fight in here'. :lol: My point is that you can't have it both ways. Which leads us to the discussion on this thread. Apparently, some think they can have it both ways. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. I have, always, been honest. Just sayin'.

Also, you need to be part of admin that keeps this forum in line, or give it up and be a commenter. You can't do both. David knows how to do that. Just sayin'

Also, I have noticed the huge drop of responders to this forum, lately. Just looking out for you. :smile:

This is not a opening nor a olive branch from me for open conversation with you.
I do believe that Vrai was talking about the NFL players being banned not anyone on this forum.
As a Moderator Mrs Vrai is very fair when someone is given an infraction, a day to a month off or is Perma-Banned. We get away with more shenanigans here than any other forum that I read or post on.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is not a opening nor a olive branch from me for open conversation with you.
I do believe that Vrai was talking about the NFL players being banned not anyone on this forum.
As a Moderator Mrs Vrai is very fair when someone is given an infraction, a day to a month off or is Perma-Banned. We get away with more shenanigans here than any other forum that I read or post on.

:lol:
Thanks for making my point. An owner/founder should not be commenting on members' posts,. Period. As far as
olive branch and convo, I don't expect that from you. I guess you got an infraction, too. Shenanigans is not the word I would have used to reply to me; it backs up what I posted. But, that is ok. I have a life that I am dealing with, but I have always loved this forum when I found it in 2011. I wasn't inferring that vrai was talking about anyone but the NFL. It was just my posting of history here. But, it seems similar. That's all. Thanks for your reply. :smile:

I do want to add that when an owner/admin can say/do whatever at whim on a forum they created, seems like a dictatorship. That's all.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Thanks for making my point. An owner/founder should not be commenting on members' posts,. Period. As far as
olive branch and convo, I don't expect that from you. I guess you got an infraction, too. Shenanigans is not the word I would have used to reply to me; it backs up what I posted. But, that is ok. I have a life that I am dealing with, but I have always loved this forum when I found it in 2011. I wasn't inferring that vrai was talking about anyone but the NFL. It was just my posting of history here. But, it seems similar. That's all. Thanks for your reply. :smile:

I do want to add that when an owner/admin can say/do whatever at whim on a forum they created, seems like a dictatorship. That's all.

glhs837

Power with Control
Can you please re-post all your comments and all the comments of the rest on here as it relates to college campuses banning free speech?

None of you...not one...are any better than those coddled kids on campus. You all are just the same. You want to ban speech you don't like. No difference. Of course none of you will see it that way. That is what happens when you can't think.

You are all for "free speech". As long as everyone says things you agree with!

Ban? Nope. Let them experience repercussions from their employers, sure. Every single employee in this country lives with restrictions on what they may or may not do when representing their employers. These chuckleheads want to buy some airtime on a Sunday and play the anthem so they can kneel during it, more power to them. They want to get a permit for the National Mall and do that there, knock yourselves out. Your freedom of speech doesn't extend to you hijacking airtime that someone else has paid for for that speech. If I unfurl a banner in a stadium, they have every right to remove me. Correct? Same concept.

Thanks for making my point. An owner/founder should not be commenting on members' posts,.

Psst, it is a dictatorship. All forums are, just like any privately owned venue. Can the bar owner tell you to get the hell out or shut the hell up? Sure can.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You are all for "free speech". As long as everyone says things you agree with!

Not on your EMPLOYERS Time ....
Freedom of Speech revolves around addressing grievances with the Gov. on the street corner not at your Place of Work ....

Restitution

Freedom of Speech revolves around addressing grievances with the Gov. on the street corner not at your Place of Work ....

Holding meaningful employment is an unfortunate pre-requisite to this type of knowledge. Obviously, some do not understand :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not on your EMPLOYERS Time ....

Right, but apparently their employers are on board with this. Team owners want to turn their thugs into political activists, and that is their right. Just as it is the right of the consumer to stop consuming and find other entertainment options.

glhs837

Power with Control
Right, but apparently their employers are on board with this. Team owners want to turn their thugs into political activists, and that is their right. Just as it is the right of the consumer to stop consuming and find other entertainment options.

Yep, I saw Krafts letter about this and was saddened. I assume that perhaps that owners and players union are talking and the owners are thinking the bad press of the players "protesting" will cost them less than the losses of a players strike, which I'm sure the players are hinting at behind the scenes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep, I saw Krafts letter about this and was saddened. I assume that perhaps that owners and players union are talking and the owners are thinking the bad press of the players "protesting" will cost them less than the losses of a players strike, which I'm sure the players are hinting at behind the scenes.

What are they going to do about the fans strike?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
There will be no fan strike of any import to the NFL.

No strike, but a continued loss of viewers and season ticket holders and that equals a continued loss of revenue and franchise valuations. It took years for the NFL to rebound after the players strike......this will be the same.

People don't want their entertainment politicized.

Weems

No strike, but a continued loss of viewers and season ticket holders and that equals a continued loss of revenue and franchise valuations. It took years for the NFL to rebound after the players strike......this will be the same.

Oh bullcrap. People are fine with their entertainment being politicized as long as it meets with their own views.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just as it is the right of the consumer to stop consuming and find other entertainment options.

ask the Dixie Chicks how that works out ....... Madonna's New Album sold less than 3000 copies over the weekend
Hollywood has had the worst summer season in 10 yrs or more .....

these masturbatory TV / Hollywood Awards shows have viewership at an all time low

people are FED UP with Politicized Entertainment

glhs837

Power with Control

This, no outright called fan strike, but rather an erosion of profits.

I am guessing they are supporting the NFL ?

Well Kraft is the owner of the Patriots, so yeah. :) He said he supported his players right to try and effect social change. Of course, it's #activism, this idea that just pointing at a thing might make that thing go away, which is always less effective than actually engaging in real work like supporting candidates and working to get laws passed and such. And until they start taking Sandra Bland, Mike whoever and Treyvon off their lists of supposedly wrongfully killed blacks, I'm not listening.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh bullcrap. People are fine with their entertainment being politicized as long as it meets with their own views.

Of course. For some of us, politics *is* entertainment. And we all have the right to reject entertainment venues that don't, um, entertain us.

However, there are a number of apolitical people in this country who don't enjoy politics and don't follow it in any way, nor do they have a decided view, and they do not want their entertainment politicized. Let's get real: televised sports is fairly mindless. You're not even playing a game, you're watching other people play a game. YAWN. But people enjoy it and that's fine, but many of them don't appear to enjoy being lectured and harangued while enjoying what is supposed to be mindless entertainment. They don't want to be #woke.

Not to mention the biggest outcry I'm hearing is from those who are offended that these game players are disrespecting our country and our flag. It's not Democrats vs. Republicans - it's the flat out sneering at our country that is pissing people off. Especially when they freaking go to another country and do it.