Pool Chemicals

Ginger0314

Where is the cheapest place in Charles/St. Marys County to buy pool chemicals - chlorine tabs/shock? Not Walmart or places like them. Thanks.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Where is the cheapest place in Charles/St. Marys County to buy pool chemicals - chlorine tabs/shock? Not Walmart or places like them. Thanks.

I buy my stuff at Walmart, I've tried the "good stuff" from the pool stores and the stuff I buy at Walmart seems to work better than what those guys sell for twice the price.

bcp

In My Opinion
I buy my stuff at Walmart, I've tried the "good stuff" from the pool stores and the stuff I buy at Walmart seems to work better than what those guys sell for twice the price.

once you get the pool balanced proper, chlorine is chlorine

glhs837

Power with Control
If you can, I highly recommend switching to saltwater, very easy, no constant buying of chlorine

OldHillcrestGuy

:yay::yay: I have had my above ground pool for over 27yrs, use to buy the 'good stuff' from the pool stores and paid a fortune for it. Now I by my shock or chlorine tablets at either Walmart or BJ's or Sams. Knock on wood, but I hardly ever have a problem with the water.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:yay::yay: I have had my above ground pool for over 27yrs, use to buy the 'good stuff' from the pool stores and paid a fortune for it. Now I by my shock or chlorine tablets at either Walmart or BJ's or Sams. Knock on wood, but I hardly ever have a problem with the water.

I use the super blue shock, that stuff is great. I used the have a pool person until I found out I could do it my self for 1/4 cost of what I was paying them.

Ginger0314

What is the super blue stuff? I looked at Walmart and the chlorine tabs weren't the same strenghth as the ones I purchased at a pool store - less chlorine. But after all this talk, I will check out Sam's Club. Thanks.

glhs837

Power with Control
Loved mine, in the aboveground 18' by 52", ran it for two summers, never an issue. New house doesnt have any cleared space large enough to set it up, though. Buy six bags of pool salt at the beginning of the year (I emptied mine both years) And thats really it for cholrine anyway. Still need stuff for PH, but no chlorine worries at all.

bcp

In My Opinion
Hey, while my BIL is recovering from his back surgery, Im running his store at night, you all should get a sample of your pool water and come on up.

One thing I know for sure, I can turn a swamp into a nice crystal clear swimming pool.

I know its too far to go, but a test of the water will make sure you have enough total/free chlorine, enough stabilizer, the PH is where it needs to be etc... and once you get all of that right you pretty much just have to use the pool to keep things mixed up.
and dont forget to check for copper. it can be an indication that your heater is having some issues.. Usually due to the PH.

Ginger0314

I looked in to salt - it was too expensive to convert - at least for our budget. We had to get a new liner this year. I am not having any trouble with the water - it is crystal clear and I have had it tested twice. Thanks.

koan00

I usually purchase from Lowes when I can. All the pool stuff is out in the garden area way in the back.

If I can't make it to the store, I use intheswim.com (allow them to spam you, they send frequent coupon codes/free shipping offers). They ship most stuff next day to your house.

bcp

In My Opinion
I looked in to salt - it was too expensive to convert - at least for our budget. We had to get a new liner this year. I am not having any trouble with the water - it is crystal clear and I have had it tested twice. Thanks.

The change over is expensive up front, and the salt is somewhat expensive, however the yearly cost of maintaining is actually lower and it will pay itself off in a few years.
Depending on the size of the pool, you can find the equipment starting around 500 bucks.

glhs837

Power with Control
And the intangibles are pretty large. Water feel is amazing, nothing like a normal chlorine pool at all.