Pope to Resign at End of the Month

ylexot

Super Genius
Pope Benedict to Resign at the End of the Month — First to Do So in 600 Years | Video | TheBlaze.com
Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday that he would resign Feb. 28 – the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years. The decision sets the stage for a conclave to elect a new pope before the end of March.

The 85-year-old pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals on Monday morning.

He emphasized that carrying out the duties of being pope – the leader of more than a billion Roman Catholics worldwide – requires “both strength of mind and body.”

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Are you prepared to give up dating?

But think how exciting it would be driving a tiny red sports car with the top down along all those narrow winding roads that have a 400 foot drop off on the edge. As pope, you could drive fast as you like because the angels would keep your car from sliding off the cliff and the Polizi would clear all traffic, donkeys, and lorries in your path.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
CNN Uses Resignation News to Trash Pope, Catholic Church

Nice CNN take on this. Too funny, liberals are so full of hate.

Today came the shocking news that 85-year-old Pope Benedict XVI has made the decision to resign at the end of the month, citing advanced age, fatigue, and exhaustion. While MSNBC kept its coverage respectful, CNN showed no such restraint, and immediately used the news as an excuse to launch into a frenzy of Catholic-bashing.

While Piers Morgan, with no evidence whatsoever, used Twitter to spread conspiracy theories...

As a Catholic, I'm not buying this. Popes don't just quit because they're tired. What's going on here??
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) February 11, 2013

...Soledad O'Brien did the same on the CNN network, immediately using the Pope's resignation as an excuse to delve into the Church's child abuse scandal.

You see, according to CNN, the Pope is retiring because dealing with the child abuse scandal exhausted him:

Much of the questioning about "the why" -- about why the Pope would be stepping down -- would be questions about the impact that the sex scandal, that has enveloped the Catholic church, would be having on the Pope.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Wanna get freaky with the prophecy?

-----

Edgar Cayce predicted that there will be one pope after John Paul II who will serve a short term and no more after that.

-----

Nostradamus -Century 2, Quatrain 41
The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

-----

St Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes predicts the last Pope, after the current Benedict XVI:
"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people.
The End."

-----

Pope Pius IX (1846-78): "There will come a great wonder, which will fill the world with astonishment. This wonder will be preceded by the triumph of revolution. The church will suffer exceedingly. Her servants and her chieftain will be mocked, scourged, and martyred."

-----

Pope Pius X (1903-14): This Pope had a number of prophetic visions. In 1909, in the midst of an audience with members of the Franciscan order, he seemed to fall into a trance. Moments passed, then his eyes sprung open and he jumped to his feet. "What I have seen is terrifying!" he cried out. "Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" It's uncertain what this vision alluded to, but it is similar in many respects to the reported third prophecy of Fatima. Later, shortly before his death, another vision came to him: "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death. Respect for God has disappeared from human hearts. They wish to efface even God's memory. This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."

-----

Pope Pius XII (1939-58) also experienced strange visions of a bleak future. After one of these experiences he told confidants, "Mankind must prepare itself for sufferings such as it has never before experienced… the darkest since the deluge."

bcp

In My Opinion
"There will come a great wonder, which will fill the world with astonishment. This wonder will be preceded by the triumph of revolution. The church will suffer exceedingly. Her servants and her chieftain will be mocked, scourged, and martyred."
Well that right there could be homosexuals.
You see them and in great wonder go WTF????

of course if you dont agree with them based on the Holy Scripture, you are mocked, scourged and mart,, well,, ok, nobody has been martyerd yet that I know of but still.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

Attachments

• poperesigns.jpg
    poperesigns.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 43

nomoney

Wanna get freaky with the prophecy?

-----

Edgar Cayce predicted that there will be one pope after John Paul II who will serve a short term and no more after that.

-----

Nostradamus -Century 2, Quatrain 41
The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will cause two suns to appear:
The big mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff will change country.

-----

St Malachy's Prophecy of the Popes predicts the last Pope, after the current Benedict XVI:
"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people.
The End."

-----

Pope Pius IX (1846-78): "There will come a great wonder, which will fill the world with astonishment. This wonder will be preceded by the triumph of revolution. The church will suffer exceedingly. Her servants and her chieftain will be mocked, scourged, and martyred."

-----

Pope Pius X (1903-14): This Pope had a number of prophetic visions. In 1909, in the midst of an audience with members of the Franciscan order, he seemed to fall into a trance. Moments passed, then his eyes sprung open and he jumped to his feet. "What I have seen is terrifying!" he cried out. "Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!" It's uncertain what this vision alluded to, but it is similar in many respects to the reported third prophecy of Fatima. Later, shortly before his death, another vision came to him: "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death. Respect for God has disappeared from human hearts. They wish to efface even God's memory. This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."

-----

Pope Pius XII (1939-58) also experienced strange visions of a bleak future. After one of these experiences he told confidants, "Mankind must prepare itself for sufferings such as it has never before experienced… the darkest since the deluge."

:popcorn: don't wanna freak y'all out but there's a meteor headed our way Friday.

:cds: