Port of Leonardtown

Bretonian

Signs ..signs..signs

We are great at putting up fancy signs, re: Tudor Hall Project" and then nothing happens except the sign is repainted every few years.

fredsaid2

This is the area on the left just after you turn onto Rt 243 going towards Breton Bay/Compton. It's behind Taco Bell, there's two block type buildings. You can launch your kayak there. Guessing the buildings will be re-hab'd into stores to sell wine from the area.

Anybody know what's going on with the Leonardtown riverwalk plans...:confused: All I found online was a short article in the Washingtonian talking about the new townhomes that are going for 500k to 600k each and the mention of shops and restaurants that are sure to be coming... but no specifics. :ohwell:

Now that I know construction in Leonardtown has begun for a Best Western, a Comfort Inn, another bank, a TJ's Restaurant & Sports Lounge, a Ledo's, a family amusement center, etc. I'm getting really curious as to what the plans are for the riverwalk. If they have two major hotels going up within a mile of each other... I'm thinking they are thinking Leonardtown will become a tourist attraction at some point in the future...:eyebrow:

Anybody know what's up? :coffee:

jetmonkey

kwillia said:
Anybody know what's going on with the Leonardtown riverwalk plans...:confused: All I found online was a short article in the Washingtonian talking about the new townhomes that are going for 500k to 600k each and the mention of shops and restaurants that are sure to be coming... but no specifics. :ohwell:

Now that I know construction in Leonardtown has begun for a Best Western, a Comfort Inn, another bank, a TJ's Restaurant & Sports Lounge, a Ledo's, a family amusement center, etc. I'm getting really curious as to what the plans are for the riverwalk. If they have two major hotels going up within a mile of each other... I'm thinking they are thinking Leonardtown will become a tourist attraction at some point in the future...:eyebrow:

I just hope this brings the steamboat traffic back.

GopherM

Darwin was right
kwillia said:

You missed the Dunkin' Donuts going in at the old Penny's Bar site. Get your coffee at the Mountain Mudd stand and have to pull in again for the fat pills within a couple hundred yards.

GopherM said:
You missed the Dunkin' Donuts going in at the old Penny's Bar site. Get your coffee at the Mountain Mudd stand and have to pull in again for the fat pills within a couple hundred yards.
I know the Comfort Inn, TJ's, and a bank are going in at the old Penny's bar site, but I hadn't heard about the Dunkin' donuts yet.

lovinmaryland

kwillia said:
I know the Comfort Inn, TJ's, and a bank are going in at the old Penny's bar site, but I hadn't heard about the Dunkin' donuts yet.
Ledos will be going there also, my cousin is supposed to be the manager of the Ledos when it gets here :drool:

lovinmaryland said:
Ledos will be going there also, my cousin is supposed to be the manager of the Ledos when it gets here :drool:
No, Ledos is going in the old Mattingly's shopping center.

rack'm

Jaded
GopherM said:

:killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme :killingme

lovinmaryland

kwillia said:
No, Ledos is going in the old Mattingly's shopping center.
Really, I just talked to him about a month ago asking when he would be moving down my way and he said that they were waiting on Pennys to be tore down before they could even start :confused: Maybe something has changed since I last talked to him. He runs the La Plata location now

lovinmaryland said:
Really, I just talked to him about a month ago asking when he would be moving down my way and he said that they were waiting on Pennys to be tore down before they could even start :confused: Maybe something has changed since I last talked to him. He runs the La Plata location now
I got my info from the builder so I guess we'll see...:shrug:

billyp257

Billyp257
port of leonardtown winery

one of the building from what i have been told is being rehabed for a co-op of grape growers to produce and sell wine in