Port Tobacco Eagle Nest CAM.

1stGenSMIB

First siting was at 0700 local. You can scroll back about 12 hours I think on the cam.

Thanks for posting that up MADPEBS1... :thewave:

1stGenSMIB

From my limited experience & knowledge, what NextJen said. I think they get hungry fast. Hope & Chandler (the eagle parents) are 'stocking the pantry' according to the more experts than me..Two fresh fish this afternoon. 3 inches to 3 feet in 3 months.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Just peeked in. A bigger chick was bonking a smaller one. Hopefully they all get enough to eat and the small one can thrive.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just peeked in. A bigger chick was bonking a smaller one. Hopefully they all get enough to eat and the small one can thrive.
The Dominant One just pulled a fast one on the other 2. DO was in the middle, turned completely around, spread his/her wings, and spun back around forcing the other 2's heads down into the nest and got the next 3 scraps. Devious little cuss!

NextJen

Raisin cane
The Dominant One just pulled a fast one on the other 2. DO was in the middle, turned completely around, spread his/her wings, and spun back around forcing the other 2's heads down into the nest and got the next 3 scraps. Devious little cuss!
I hate that. These eagles are usually good at making sure all of them get fed. I’ve seen some osprey nests where the parents don’t spend time making sure they all get fed. Only the dominant one. Unfortunately for the weaker ones. It’s hard to watch if you’re a mush like me. 😞

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I hate that. These eagles are usually good at making sure all of them get fed. I’ve seen some osprey nests where the parents don’t spend time making sure they all get fed. Only the dominant one. Unfortunately for the weaker ones. It’s hard to watch if you’re a mush like me. 😞
If it's any consolation, the smaller ones did figure out the routine later and were double dipping while DO had his(?) back turned. 😆

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
for you bird cam lovers. If you haven't seen the Dahlgren Osprey cam here it is...
Jack is famous for stealing stuffed animals and adding to nest
Will be interesting to see where he gets his stuff now that beach on VA side is gone with bridge.
With that said he has been successful...