Post your photos

SoftballCrazy

These were shot with a $100 Kodak 3.1MP Point and Shoot

100_1089.jpg

100_1091.JPG

100_0092.JPG

100_2124.JPG
Great pics! I love the last one, w/ the soccer ball...very cute!

jbr13

www.jbr.smugmug.com
Remember one thing. You only get one lense with a DSLR like the Rebel XT. It is not like a point and shoot that you get 10X zoom. It's more like 2-3X zoom usually, with the lens that comes with the camera. The inital purchase price is a start. If you want that zoom capability you end up making another investment. Cheap zoom lenses can run you $200-$400. Better zooms run you $700-$1000, and top end zooms can run in the $5000 range.

To get a good idea of what you are looking at, you may want to meet up with some one that has a DSLR and a good point and shoot just to see what the differences really are.

When I got my Nikon D50 DSLR for $650 I thought I was done spending.....boy was I wrong!!!! Much money later now and I have insurance on my camera bag, thats how much it can cost.

J

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Remember one thing. You only get one lense with a DSLR like the Rebel XT. It is not like a point and shoot that you get 10X zoom. It's more like 2-3X zoom usually, with the lens that comes with the camera. The inital purchase price is a start. If you want that zoom capability you end up making another investment. Cheap zoom lenses can run you $200-$400. Better zooms run you $700-$1000, and top end zooms can run in the $5000 range.

To get a good idea of what you are looking at, you may want to meet up with some one that has a DSLR and a good point and shoot just to see what the differences really are.

When I got my Nikon D50 DSLR for $650 I thought I was done spending.....boy was I wrong!!!! Much money later now and I have insurance on my camera bag, thats how much it can cost.

J

I was looking at maybe going this route
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT 350D USA Camera $3500PKG NEW - eBay (item 120226083247 end time Mar-01-08 15:33:00 PST)

What your thoughts?

MrX

High Octane

While it looks like a good deal, i would suggest buying a camera from a reputable dealer such as B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders , Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera , and others. Do your reasearch on the seller.... make sure the camera comes with a MFG's Warranty, many cheap deals such as this are grey market cameras with third party or no warranty at all.

Shopsunshine / Sunshine Electronics / DSN - Digital Shopping Network Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
While it looks like a good deal, i would suggest buying a camera from a reputable dealer such as B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders , Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera , and others. Do your reasearch on the seller.... make sure the camera comes with a MFG's Warranty, many cheap deals such as this are grey market cameras with third party or no warranty at all.

Shopsunshine / Sunshine Electronics / DSN - Digital Shopping Network Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings

Thank you
Checking your suggested companies now

rack'm

Jaded
I even have TWO good eyes :lmao: I wish I could teach or even explain to people to see what I see. Things just kinda jump out at me. Especially when I get in the zone and I'm overloaded with different ideas on shots. Most of them turn out like crap, but I love trying to make a shot work and that is what it is all about I think - Have fun with it! Take TONS of pictures of the same things, trying different settings, and angles. You'll get lucky eventually.

This is why I've taken over 13,000 pictures in 2 years. :lmao:

Tomcat

Anytime

Go to Best Buy or Ritz Camera in Waldorf, (I think WalMart carries the Canon)what ever is closest for you. Pick up some cameras you're considering. I was looking at the Rebel XT but didn't like the way it fit in my hands. Ended up getting the Nikon instead. Have a friend who did the same thing and ended up with the Canon :shrug:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Go to Best Buy or Ritz Camera in Waldorf, (I think WalMart carries the Canon)what ever is closest for you. Pick up some cameras you're considering. I was looking at the Rebel XT but didn't like the way it fit in my hands. Ended up getting the Nikon instead. Have a friend who did the same thing and ended up with the Canon :shrug:

Never thought about that, Thanks for the suggestion.

M

Mousebaby

Ok guys, I took these today with my Panasonic. What ya think? Be honest, even if it's brutal. :drama:

Last edited by a moderator:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok guys, I took these today with my Panasonic. What ya think? Be honest, even if it's brutal. :drama:

well to be honest, to get the really good shots, you have to walk right up to the geese, taunt them and then stick you finger in their mouth.

M

Mousebaby

well to be honest, to get the really good shots, you have to walk right up to the geese, taunt them and then stick you finger in their mouth.

I DON'T THINK SO!!! That big white one was hissing at us as it was! :lmao:

Tomcat

Anytime
They look pretty sharp and clear, well done.
J

well to be honest, to get the really good shots, you have to walk right up to the geese and taunt them.

I'm by no means an expert, the camera will take good pictures. Clear, exposed properly etc. The photographer makes the shots. Like Firebrand said, get them to do something. Throw a small pebble towards them, they'll look, take the picture then, take as many as you can. Sometimes just walking around will get them moving. This seagull was just sitting in the water until I threw a shell near it. from when he took off until he landed I must have taken 5-10 shots, then I could pick which one I wanted.
12a.jpg

T

TwilightImaging

Throw a small pebble towards them, they'll look, take the picture then, take as many as you can.

True, but be careful when throwing rocks...you might just hit someone:doh:
But yes...it does work!:yikes:
IMG_9877s.JPG

MrX

High Octane
They are clear and sharp...just work on the composure and like others mentioned about the action aspect of it.

DuffMan

Here is one I took with my Canon Powershot 6mp. Anyone know where this is?

Attachments

• water1.JPG
    water1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 63