Pots...

water123

Has anyone heard of POTS syndrome in this area or have it?
It stand for Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.
Please let me me know!

TimAllen

Please let me me know!

I know what it is, have treated it when I was a Paramedic, I have never heard of it being a regional type thing. If I am not mistaken most cases are acute onset.

water123

WOW, there are people that have it and have heard of it! I was just diagnosed with it. what helps you feel better? has it gone away? the doc told me to drink Lots of fluids and i have to take SALT tablets. It was brought on by the FLU..
I just want to feel better.

water123

yes, I think it is different from PAN syndrome ...although i've been looking on forums and see that some people whom have POTS also have PAN.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

WOW, there are people that have it and have heard of it! I was just diagnosed with it. what helps you feel better? has it gone away? the doc told me to drink Lots of fluids and i have to take SALT tablets. It was brought on by the FLU..
I just want to feel better.

Mine has "gone away" symptom wise at least. For the most part. Personally I never actually took salt tablets, just ate a lot of stuff with sodium in it. Ex. Combos, slim jims/beef jerky, ect. You can't JUST do that though, the sodium is just to help your body hold water better, the water actually expands the blood vessels and thus allows more blood (see, oxygen) flow through your body.

SO, LOT AND LOTS of water. I mean, don't drink till ya puke lol. but try to pretty much always have a bottle or something with you.

Feel free to ask any other questions, I have POTS along with NMH (neurally mediated hypotension). Both are blood pressure disorders.

The one thing to remember, you WILL feel better. I know you will feel pretty bad at times, but just keep in mind that it should only be temporary. :yay:

water123

PCJohnnyb... can I ask how old are you? and how long did you have it for? I've had it for a month and the docs said I'm going to be off another month. I've had a few good days..then the rest are bad...it just doesn't make sense to me! they said it usually happens in teenagers/adults between the ages of 14-30. I just want to learn as much as I can about it! Where were you diagnosed at?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

PCJohnnyb... can I ask how old are you? and how long did you have it for? I've had it for a month and the docs said I'm going to be off another month. I've had a few good days..then the rest are bad...it just doesn't make sense to me! they said it usually happens in teenagers/adults between the ages of 14-30. I just want to learn as much as I can about it! Where were you diagnosed at?

I am 18...had it...when i was...uhhh??? 16 maybe?? its been a couple years.

Diagnosed at John's Hopkins medical. I dealth with it for a good year, year and a half I'd say...but keep in mind I experienced two disorders at the same time.

water123

Yes, I was diagnosed at Johns Hopkins as well.
Gosh, I hope i dont feel crappy for that long.
I'm in my mid 20's.
Thank you for the great info.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Yes, I was diagnosed at Johns Hopkins as well.
Gosh, I hope i dont feel crappy for that long.
I'm in my mid 20's.
Thank you for the great info.

You'll be fine. Just stay optomistic :yay:

I sent you karma saying this, but feel free to PM me any questions you may have ok? I'll do my best to help you as best as I can because I've been there, done that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Please let me me know!

I may have missed it but did you have a battery of tests, CT scans, etc... done to determine any other causes of your symptoms; such as tumors on any of your glands? My wife had a tumor on her adrenal gland (pheochromocytoma) that causes many of the same symptoms as POTS (it was benign BTW). Once she had this removed her symptoms (to include her high blood pressure) went away.