Prefab Garage

lamx

I just looked at the garages across the street from the Bargain Barn in Hughesville. The buildings look good and the price is right but I am concerned about the wood floors. They are 3/4" tongue & groove plywood - will that hold the weight of a car? As an option, you can get double plywood floors - is 1.5" of plywood enough to hold the weight of a car? Overkill?

Anyone have one of those garages?

Ed

OrneryPest

lower life form
3/4" tongue & groove plywood, if it's got properly placed joists under it, is certainly enough to hold the weight of an ordinary car, but I'd be concerned about how long the plywood is gonna last once it gets soaked fulla oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, power steering fluid, battery acid, and all that other stuff that's always dripping out of cars onto the garage floor.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
lamx said:
I just looked at the garages across the street from the Bargain Barn in Hughesville. The buildings look good and the price is right but I am concerned about the wood floors. They are 3/4" tongue & groove plywood - will that hold the weight of a car? As an option, you can get double plywood floors - is 1.5" of plywood enough to hold the weight of a car? Overkill?

Anyone have one of those garages?

Ed
If you put in the pad, they'll install it over a concrete pad too..