Prescription Drugs

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Somebody refresh my memory...............wasn't John Edwards a trial lawyer for medical disputes? Didn't he get rich to the tune of about $39 million bucks winning cases for people against HMOs, or something?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
vraiblonde said:
He didn't say that. :scoff:

Did he?

Here ya go!

In Washington, Republican Party chief Ed Gillespie criticized Kerry for saying in an interview in The New York Times Magazine that, "We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance."

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
In Washington, Republican Party chief Ed Gillespie criticized Kerry for saying in an interview in The New York Times Magazine that, "We have to get back to the place we were, where terrorists are not the focus of our lives, but they're a nuisance."

Yeah. I want him as Commander and Chief.

Pete

Repete
Anyone catch the show Dateline on NBC tonight after the race? I was cleaning up and ony caught part of it but it was a hottie blonde chic in Hollywood married to a mogul was getting Botox shots to stay hot. The Botox I guess made her have severe headaches and other illness, so bad she missed the Vanity Fair post -Oscar party :bawl:. Well she sued the Botox manufacturer, the Dr. she asked to inject her with a toxic substance for vanity sake.

Now, vanity asside, hundreds have had Botox and it is fine, she had a bad reaction I guess so the answer is simple to me, stop getting injected with toxic substances. :shrug: Well she sued, I was busy so I do not know if she won or not but here is the point.

The company that makes Botox had to defend themselves at a high price as did the Dr form the lawsuit even if It did not lose and had to pay out. How do you suppose they paid for that? Did they just tack on a little bit to the Botox price to make up the lost revenue? No, as any accounting class graduate can tell you that was accounted for across the entire product line. You paid for that lawsuit when you bought your cholesterol lowering drugs.

The insurance company for the Dr. spread the cost of defending him across all the other physicians they insure.

REFORM this system.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Funny thing, when I went ot nbc.com to check for details it had a flash ad against Edwards. "John Edwards made millions suing Doctors. John Edwards may be hazzardous to your health." :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Penn said:
:roflmao: :loser:Is that considered a flip or a flop? :lol:
It's neither - it's simple pure flat-out assinine. 9-11 was a nuisance??? The Cole was a nuisance???

Kerry better tell that to the loved ones of the people who have died at the hands of terrorists. Asshat.

SamSpade

Penn said:
Somebody refresh my memory...............wasn't John Edwards a trial lawyer for medical disputes? Didn't he get rich to the tune of about $39 million bucks winning cases for people against HMOs, or something?

I know that the bulk of his wealth came from lawsuits over blaming doctors for causing cerebral palsy by performing C-Sections, a medical claim that is largely considered nonsense. I heard one of his more famous cases where he spoke as though he was the infant in the womb. Weird, but it won.

SamSpade

Tender Vittles said:
why you all just pick on democrats? such dittoheads wityhout realizing what good for america. Bush lied, 1000 died.

"Dittoheads"
"Bush lied, 1000 died"

Anyone ELSE see the irony in that?

BTW - if Kerry decides to "win" this war? More people will die. That's inevitable.

SamSpade

willie said:
You said the magic word about FDA...SLOW. If you have a fatal disease (Melenoma for example) and there are possible cures in the pipeline and being tested by NIH but only a very select few patients can be included in this test. The test concludes 2 years after your death, now wouldn't that just piss you off just a little? The FDA is too slow to an extreme.

I also know they've been pressured to release material that proved later to be harmful in unexpected ways. I'm certain the first *week* they investigate a drug, someone will die from the disease it's intended to cure. But I also know from brief exposure to medical researchers (I had a lab technician's job many years ago at Harvard) I have a tremendous respect for the very, very thorough job they do checking out everything possible. That's why it always bothered me with sci-fi movies and TV shows where they develop a "cure" and within hours they're immunizing whole planets without further checking for side effects. That's good drama but horrendous science. Good science takes its time.