Prince Frederick new bypass...

Hessian

Now you can run from the 231-all the way to the Hospital light without hitting all the back-ups (and 4 lights). (just stop signs & circles :duh: )
However...cutting behind Walmart--wouldn't it make a lot of sense to do a 200 foot connection to the back of the Walmart and ease even MORE traffic?
I don't know who could push this....someone must have considered it before!

dry w/3 olives

wow, a custom user title!
you can, but...

Hessian said:
Now you can run from the 231-all the way to the Hospital light without hitting all the back-ups (and 4 lights). (just stop signs & circles :duh: )
However...cutting behind Walmart--wouldn't it make a lot of sense to do a 200 foot connection to the back of the Walmart and ease even MORE traffic?
I don't know who could push this....someone must have considered it before!
Wow, I didn't know that... where on 231 does it pick up? I would hope that one day they could just connect the strip centers along 2/4 from the hospital connection to the new light by the Safeway shopping center. Then you'd be right there by the Walmart and avoid 2/4 altogether. But it seems that this is what is happening. If you were to turn right before the new Eckert across from the hospital, you can come within one light of the Safeway using that access road. And yeah, there's that little circle before the 7-11, but I think most people avoid that...

Hessian

Go from...

Behind the Eckert...
Behind the Ruby Tuesdays..
Behind the Blairs Video & Big Daddy's...
1/2 way round the circle...
Behind the 7-11
Through the Ugly townhouses...
come to a light near the Pines nursing home
Go straight..behind the Health & Fitness club...
Behind the Walmart...

and come out 300 yards behind the Rip off Ford place on 231
Its a leisurely route now. (just don't tell anyone! :lmao: )

Now...how hard would it be to cut an entrance into the back of the Walmart?
(and shave 10% of the traffic off of 2/4)

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Amazing. I obviously don't get up that way very often. I had no idea!

As for the Wal-Mart connector, would it overload the bypass route, maybe increase traffic through the townhouses too much?

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Hessian said:
Behind the Eckert...
Behind the Ruby Tuesdays..
Behind the Blairs Video & Big Daddy's...
1/2 way round the circle...
Behind the 7-11
Through the Ugly townhouses...
come to a light near the Pines nursing home
Go straight..behind the Heath & Fitness club...
Behind the Walmart...

and come out 300 yards behind the Rip off Ford place on 231
Its a leisurely route now. (just don't tell anyone! :lmao: )

Now...how hard would it be to cut an entrance into the back of the Walmart?
(and shave 10% of the traffic off of 2/4)
:bonk: Stop telling people!!!!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
As for the Wal-Mart connector, would it overload the bypass route, maybe increase traffic through the townhouses too much?
Yeah, but we don't live there, so who cares? :shrug:

Hessian

They planned it pretty well...

Designers managed to save 1-2 old Tobacco barns...
there are at least three water-collecting ponds (complete with Geese & fish)
wide enough for walker & bike traffic..

and designed NOT for high speed caffeinated commuters.

we will see how it evolves.

Hey..a quick thank you for the red kharma folks...adds the icing on the cake that I must have pissed off some forumites over the months and they still can't get over it. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Hessian said:
Designers managed to save 1-2 old Tobacco barns...
there are at least three water-collecting ponds (complete with Geese & fish)
wide enough for walker & bike traffic..

and designed NOT for high speed caffeinated commuters.

we will see how it evolves.
Sounds nice! I hope it stays that way. I could (under duress because I avoid the area like the plague) show you a number of spots in Montgomery County that started out the same way; they really WERE nice to drive. Before they were widened, and cross streets added, and speed limits raised, and traffic lights added, and bus stops added, and commuter parking lots, and overhead footbridges.... :barf:

MMDad

Lem Putt
So now there's a bypass around the bypass?

Someone who was here way back when, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Rt. 4 in PF a bypass around downtown? And now we need a bypass around the bypass because they allowed too much building? Note to Hughesville: Expect another bypass in a few years.

SeaRide

If you do get the Southern Maryland Advertiser (Calvert) in the mail, there's an article that came couple weeks ago with a nice graphic/drawing image of the bypass around Prince Frederick along with details on each phases. Now I can't find it but I 've glanced over it few weeks ago. There was one part that surprised me about the bypass using the current Armory Road that will go to or around Fox Run Shopping which should end before or after the Calvert memorial hospital.