Propane costs?

popsicle

OMG! We just got a delivery of propane and the per gal on our bill is 4.19.

Is that a reasonable cost?

TIA

C

czygvtwkr

no, delivery prices are ungodly high, especially if you dont own the tank

I topped off my 100 gallon take a couple of weeks ago.....via Suburban........$5.14 per gallon :-( They tell me I don't use 'enough' to qualify for discounts. I use it strictly for a propane fireplace.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Suburban just delivered 200 gallons on Friday. They also had to do a line test since I had run out completely that cost me $150. I own the tank. My cost for both the test and propane was $860; therefore, I paid 3.55/gallon.

DoWhat, who did you get your propane from and how much did you get?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
DoWhat, who did you get your propane from and how much did you get?

Taylor Gas.
We have, I think, a 400 gal tank.
We just got 120 gal.

The only thing we use gas for is the hot water heater (on demand) and back up heat.
We would like to get a gas burning fireplace insert.

asaberan

OMG! We just got a delivery of propane and the per gal on our bill is 4.19.

Is that a reasonable cost?

TIA

I've been paying around 3.50-3.75/gallon for the last few years for my 125 gallon tank for my fireplace from Southern Maryland Oil. They were the cheapest a few years back and sound like they still are.

They last filled it in the fall if I am not mistaken.

willie

There's a lot of posts about this and Taylor is the clear winner. Some of these propane dealers should be prosecuted.
Taylors minimum is 75 gallons. I just paid $2.95 per gallon plus $2.95 fuel surcharge.
Sneads is the place to go for the 20lb BBQ gas. They sell it by however many gallons that your tank actually takes and it is always much cheaper than everyone else's flat price.

Attachments

• demsgrilling.gif
    demsgrilling.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

RPMDAD

There's a lot of posts about this and Taylor is the clear winner. Some of these propane dealers should be prosecuted.
Taylors minimum is 75 gallons. I just paid $2.95 per gallon plus $2.95 fuel surcharge.
Sneads is the place to go for the 20lb BBQ gas. They sell it by however many gallons that your tank actually takes and it is always much cheaper than everyone else's flat price.

Looked at Taylors web page and looks like they deliver to st. marys.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
If I remember correctly, a few years ago Taylor gave me grief about selling me gas because I couldn't prove with paperwork that the undergound tank was actually mine. I'm pretty sure that was an issue with others as well and why I ended up with Suburban, who I might add, delivered to me late on Christmas Eve because at that point I was in a desperate situation for heat. Although I should, I haven't bothered to shop around since.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Taylor Gas filled my tank this morning to 80%. (The level was at 40% when I looked on Saturday.) Today's price was $3.05/gal.

C

czygvtwkr

If I remember correctly, a few years ago Taylor gave me grief about selling me gas because I couldn't prove with paperwork that the undergound tank was actually mine. I'm pretty sure that was an issue with others as well and why I ended up with Suburban, who I might add, delivered to me late on Christmas Eve because at that point I was in a desperate situation for heat. Although I should, I haven't bothered to shop around since.

That is because there is quite a price difference whether you own the tank or you are renting it. The rent for the tank is usually covered in a higher price per gallon, I think back in 2008 I was quoted over a dollar more a gallon if I rented the tank. Now a smart consumer would "rent" a tank from one supplier and have it filled by another as if they "owned" the tank.