Protecting and serving (by shooting victim in back)

PsyOps

Pixelated
If they are going to be fair, they should treat it the same way they do when they charge others, I.E. list every possible crime:
Brandishing a weapon, discharge of a firearm within city limits, use of a firearm during the commission of a felony, tampering with evidence, making a false police report, etc. etc. etc.

I'm pretty satisfied with the murder charges.

H

Hodr

My final answer is:

Just because this cop is a murdering ahole doesn't mean all cops are. He does not represent the whole police force nationwide.

The video is quite damning, so they're going to have to do some really fancy footwork to get him to be not guilty.

I don't think anyone would argue your point. One example of a bad apple does not mean the crop is spoiled. But the larger issue is what light this situation may shine on the "system", that is the means of removing said bad apples before they make someone sick (have I stretched this metaphor too far?). If this bad apple gets a pass in the end, and so far it looks like that will not be the case, but if that happens, then the system is clearly broken.

H

Hodr

Good god man, have you ever written anything here that was a paragraph or less?? :killingme

I was about to make the same comment. Tilted may have some very relevant and nuanced arguments; but he/she needs to learn to summarize or no one will ever read them.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was about to make the same comment. Tilted may have some very relevant and nuanced arguments; but he/she needs to learn to summarize or no one will ever read them.

I read his stuff. :shrug: I don't claim to understand all of it, but I read it. His articulation reminds me of George Will. His depth of knowledge of law and how our government functions reminds me of……………… George Will :biggrin:

I look at his posts like I look at music. You don't get better as a musician unless you play with people that are better than you. Tilted is far better-read and articulate than I am. His posts are never personal or disparaging. Just to the point. We’d all do ourselves a big favor if we took on his tactics of respectful, to-the-point discussions; and interested in the facts/truth. That aside, I have learned a lot from him and look forward to his posts.

The only thing I hate about him is he refuses to play golf with me. He thinks he's a better golfer than everyone.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I read his stuff. :shrug: I don't claim to understand all of it, but I read it. His articulation reminds me of George Will. His depth of knowledge of law and how our government functions reminds me of……………… George Will :biggrin: .

Nah. Will doesn't get into the weeds near as much as Tilted. In my view, Will summarizes more along the lines of what Hodr is talking about. Tilted writes like a good Supreme Court Justice; detail as well as nuance as well as reference and context. Granted, it's not Readers Digest but then, if it were...it would be Readers Digest.

He writes VERY well. Just simply a matter of committing a few minutes to it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Nah. Will doesn't get into the weeds near as much as Tilted. In my view, Will summarizes more along the lines of what Hodr is talking about. Tilted writes like a good Supreme Court Justice; detail as well as nuance as well as reference and context. Granted, it's not Readers Digest but then, if it were...it would be Readers Digest.

He writes VERY well. Just simply a matter of committing a few minutes to it.

Well, you being a GW (not of the Bush variety) fan, you'd know more about that. I guess I was getting at more of the general feel of reading his stuff.

In any event, I always look at reading his posts as an opportunity to learn. It surprised me to learn he isn't a lawyer :lol:

Chris0nllyn

A former police officer in North Charleston, S.C., was indicted Monday by a grand jury on a murder charge in connection with the April shooting death of Walter L. Scott

Under South Carolina law, there is only a single murder charge, which was described by Ms. Wilson as being an “unlawful killing with malice aforethought” — with the premeditation required to exist for only a few seconds before a killing in order to gain a conviction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/09/u...s-indicted-in-death-of-walter-scott.html?_r=0

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Great news, but what about the POS officers who lied on the police report?

The dude who stopped is the real hero here. If he hadn’t had the instinct to stop and film this scumbag would still be patrolling the streets armed and dangerous.

Film the police every chance you get. You never know what you might capture.

Is there an official term for when an MPD posts in a thread they started or posted in with one or more of their previous forum names?

Just curious, El Bee....just curious.