Proudly Gay and Ordained?

Y

yornoc

2ndAmendment said:
I will not speak to other religions. I live a way of life which is a relationship with Jesus. I am a Christian. If you are a Christian, then you must believe the word of God, the Bible. If you don't, then what do you place your faith on? That is a rhetorical question. That said, the Bible states that homosexual acts are an abomination to God. Read the account of Sodom and Gomorrah, Genesis 18:20 - 19:29. These entire cities were destroyed by God for the sin of homosexual behavior.

God loves everyone, but He hates sin. Period. You can be forgiven all your sins, but that requires repentance. True repentance is the turning away from all sin including sexual sin. It doesn't matter whether in human wisdom people don't believe that there are conditions on salvation; the Bible says there are.
This is just one of many places. I used this one since it is the New Testament and is a quote from Y'shua (Jesus.). I do this because many want to dismiss the account of Sodom and Gomorrah as being from the Old Testament. There are references to homosexual behavior being not acceptable in the New Testament as well.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

I could not have said it any better!

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
2ndAmendment said:
See my posts above regarding those seeking their own way and not believing the Bible.
So why don't we just stay out of it and let God be the judge? That's how it's supposed to work right?

jackoholic

T.O.-less and happy!
trisha said:
With all the publicity about gay marriage, I ask what's the deal on some religions relaxing about ordained gays and lesbians? Is this something you agree or disagree about?
if they throw out all the gays in the priesthood you lose about half the clergy. most go into it hoping god will help them find their way the rest are mommas boys.

signed,

a fallen catholic :otter:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
So why don't we just stay out of it and let God be the judge? That's how it's supposed to work right?
God is the only judge, but to not proclaim the Truth is dereliction of duty for a Christian. This was the last command given by Christ before being received into heaven after His crucifixion and resurrection.
Mark 16

<sup id="en-NASB-24889">15</sup>And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

<sup id="en-NASB-24890">16</sup>"He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Christians are to preach and teach the whole Truth without watering it down.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
jackoholic said:
...most go into it hoping god will help them find their way the rest are mommas boys....
Certainly not a proper reason to become a priest or minister. Brings meaning to "wolf among the sheep". By preying on those in their flock, they will recieve futher judgment.