Puppy Fever!!!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I sure wish I could but this rescue work is bleeding me dry ....... wow what a great dog you're going to have!

$1500 natural ears and tail.

$2000 cropped and docked and dew claws.

I get a 15% brokers fee. I'll pick up for you when I get mine.

Still want one?

Compa

Oh I totally understand. I keep seeing pics of puppies from breeders I visited before I got my Lab and they are so adorable. But the 1 1/2yr old ball of terror I have reminds me to wait. The next one I get will definitely be a rescue or pound puppy.

On another note I think cropping is borderline cruel and unusual punishment. Let me give you Vulcan ears and lop off part of a finger. I mean it's not like a circumcision. Dew claws I understand but also have my reservations about. Why humans always feel they have to change God's creations is beyond me. That's why I will never buy a dog who has been cropped.

TurboK9

Oh I totally understand. I keep seeing pics of puppies from breeders I visited before I got my Lab and they are so adorable. But the 1 1/2yr old ball of terror I have reminds me to wait. The next one I get will definitely be a rescue or pound puppy.

On another note I think cropping is borderline cruel and unusual punishment. Let me give you Vulcan ears and lop off part of a finger. I mean it's not like a circumcision. Dew claws I understand but also have my reservations about. Why humans always feel they have to change God's creations is beyond me. That's why I will never buy a dog who has been cropped.

Wow. You are going to lecture me on cropping and docking?

:roflmao:

That's funny.

For the record, tattoos aren't painless... and women enlarge their boobs all the time... people pierce themselves... and I happen to know a woman in Denmark, Bitten Johnson (no kidding, LOL) who altered her ears to shut people like you up. :lmao:

And yes it IS like a circumcision... ideally performed before the nervous system is fully developed and the body is still healing at an accelerated rate. Plus, it's done on an ANIMAL. A circumcision is an elective cosmetic surgery performed on a HUMAN without their permission.

What do you know about dogs? That they are furry and fuzzy and bark? :lmao: Ignorance is painful. Cropping is done under anesthesia.

Tens of millions of dog owners in this country don't properly care for or train their animals and you make a case out of this??

How about this for a reason... It's my dog. Or this... do you support spay/neuter? :lol: Let me guess.. that has a purpose right?

You ever seen what a man can do to a dog if he grabs a floppy ear and twists and pulls with violent force? Better a trained Dobe be cropped than have his ear forcefully ripped off while stopping a burglary, IMHO.

Never mind the fact that my dogs are impeccably trained, cared for, etc. I've never had a dog run away, get hit by a car, bite unprovoked, etc etc etc ad infinitum. And you are worried about a procedure on their ears that MIGHT cause them some discomfort over a couple of weeks.

You are free to offer your opinions, but don't always expect to get an amicable response, :roflmao:

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Whoever did the tail on my Rottie gal (RIP baby) did a horrible job. She had NO tail at all - when she was happy her butt wiggled. They didn't do her dews and should have. She ended up in so much pain over the years with her dew claws getting hung on one thing or the other.

Compa

Who's the one doing the lecturing now. Where do you feel I was lecturing YOU? I made a brief comment about how I feel. I stated my OPINION! And for the record I don't think any alterations that us humans do to ourselfs is good either. What are we other than ANIMALS? And the nervous system is intact before the pup is born. And I guess the pup gives permission for the surgery?

The reason I responded to your comments is because of the way you responded to my comment. Alleging the only thing I know about dogs is they are cute and fuzzy. You don't know me, so how dare you!

I'm not trying to start an argument here. This isn't the place. Just felt I had to defend myself from attack. I won't comment more on this. We will have to agree to disagree.

I agree with you there are way too many people have pets who shouldn't. And there are way too many mistreated and neglected ones as well. I wasn't trying to make a point or issue out of this. I just voiced how I feel.

Wow. You are going to lecture me on cropping and docking?

That's funny.

For the record, tattoos aren't painless... and women enlarge their boobs all the time... people pierce themselves... and I happen to know a woman in Denmark, Bitten Johnson (no kidding, LOL) who altered her ears to shut people like you up. :lmao:

And yes it IS like a circumcision... ideally performed before the nervous system is fully developed and the body is still healing at an accelerated rate. Plus, it's done on an ANIMAL. A circumcision is an elective cosmetic surgery performed on a HUMAN without their permission.

What do you know about dogs? That they are furry and fuzzy and bark? :lmao: Ignorance is painful. Cropping is done under anesthesia.

Tens of millions of dog owners in this country don't properly care for or train their animals and you make a case out of this??

How about this for a reason... It's my dog. Or this... do you support spay/neuter? :lol: Let me guess.. that has a purpose right?

You ever seen what a man can do to a dog if he grabs a floppy ear and twists and pulls with violent force? Better a trained Dobe be cropped than have his ear forcefully ripped off while stopping a burglary, IMHO.

Never mind the fact that my dogs are impeccably trained, cared for, etc. I've never had a dog run away, get hit by a car, bite unprovoked, etc etc etc ad infinitum. And you are worried about a procedure on their ears that MIGHT cause them some discomfort over a couple of weeks.

You are free to offer your opinions, but don't always expect to get an amicable response, :roflmao:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean that as a put down.

Who's the one doing the lecturing now. Where do you feel I was lecturing YOU? I made a brief comment about how I feel. I stated my OPINION! And for the record I don't think any alterations that us humans do to ourselfs is good either. What are we other than ANIMALS? And the nervous system is intact before the pup is born. And I guess the pup gives permission for the surgery?

The reason I responded to your comments is because of the way you responded to my comment. Alleging the only thing I know about dogs is they are cute and fuzzy. You don't know me, so how dare you!

I'm not trying to start an argument here. This isn't the place. Just felt I had to defend myself from attack. I won't comment more on this. We will have to agree to disagree.

I agree with you there are way too many people have pets who shouldn't. And there are way too many mistreated and neglected ones as well. I wasn't trying to make a point or issue out of this. I just voiced how I feel.

TurboK9

OK wait.

So THIS wasn't meant to be inflammatory?

"I think cropping is borderline cruel and unusual punishment. Let me give you Vulcan ears and lop off part of a finger."

If indeed not, you need to find a better way to say it.

Otherwise, well, if that isn't looking for an argument, I don't know what is. I'm damned good with my dogs, typically rescue the hard cases, and for someone to come out and make a comment like that really burns my ass. Probably not the best idea to make a comment like that to someone talking about getting a Dobermann pup if you aren't looking for a 'fight'. Sorry!!

Oh, and I 'dare' because I have never seen you post on here about anything you've ever accomplished with your own dog, in fact, the posts you have made are a wee indicative that you aren't exactly a font of experience and knowledge.... So know you choose to make an opinion based comment that basically attacks a good portion of the working dog world. So yeah. I'd stack my knowledge and accomplishments against yours any day of the week. I've earned it. :shrug:

PS: Do you get your dog's permission before you trim it's nails? Take it to the vet? Put it outside? Feed it? Brush it's teeth? Permission? Hahaha. Whatever. Nice. That's a good one. Here's news... IT'S A DOG.

Last edited:

DeeCee

A horse of course!
Don't let the crop/dock comment(s) bother ya Turbo. Breeders/owners have been doing it for years and it's done humanely by ethical breeders/owners. To do it or not is a personal preference, so just pick your battles and agree to disagree on it. PS I can give ya a neat trick to taping them to be sure they'll stand if ya want. :yay:

Congrats on your new puppy...i should post pix of our first PPD I title (I wish i had more pix but I was handling her so i couldn't take any pix of my own). It's thrilling to say the least! And ours was earned in conjunction with winning a hard dog contest with the same Rottie B!TCH! Girls Rule - Dogs drool :lol:

PSS we band the tails on our pups when they're 3 days old. This is how hospitals still remove extra fingers on infants, so when they stop doing that, we'll stop banding tails. :biggrin:

Last edited:

TurboK9

Don't let the crop/dock comment(s) bother ya Turbo. Breeders/owners have been doing it for years and it's done humanely by ethical breeders/owners. To do it or not is a personal preference, so just pick your battles and agree to disagree on it. PS I can give ya a neat trick to taping them to be sure they'll stand if ya want. :yay:

Congrats on your new puppy...i should post pix of our first PPD I title (I wish i had more pix but I was handling her so i couldn't take any pix of my own). It's thrilling to say the least! And ours was earned in conjunction with winning a hard dog contest with the same Rottie B!TCH! Girls Rule - Dogs drool :lol:

PSS we band the tails on our pups when they're 3 days old. This is how hospitals still remove extra fingers on infants, so when they stop doing that, we'll stop banding tails. :biggrin:

Hey congrats!! Who did you title through?!?!

DeeCee

A horse of course!
Hey congrats!! Who did you title through?!?!

NARF (North American Rottie Federation) which opened that competition to all breeds. There was an incredible French Mal there, who I'd have chopped my left arm off to buy, but the guy wouldn't sell her she was his kids 'house pet' :lol: Talk about outstanding temperament! Our girl was our house pet too. :biggrin: Ahh those were the days....the adreneline rush seeing her leap through a window into the pond and swimming across to hubs! It's been 7 years since we've done any PPD or sch training, we haven't done it since we moved over here.

My mom used to do dobes, but i found the Rottie temperament a little less hyper, so we'd compete our rotts against my mom's dobes :lol: it was a family affair and a lot of fun.

Last edited:

TurboK9

NARF (North American Rottie Federation) which opened that competition to all breeds. There was an incredible French Mal there, who I'd have chopped my left arm off to buy, but the guy wouldn't sell her she was his kids 'house pet' :lol: Talk about outstanding temperament! Our girl was our house pet too. :biggrin: Ahh those were the days....the adremeline rush seeing her leap through a window into the pond and swimming across to hubs! It's been 7 years since we've done any PPD or sch training, we haven't done it since we move over here.

My mom used to do dobes, but i found the Rottie temperament a little less hyper, so we'd compete our rotts against my mom's dobes :lol: it was a family affair and a lot of fun.

Sounds like it's time to start anew.

Want me to pick you up a Dobe puppy? :lmao:

Rott = Deisel powered Dobe. :lmao:

DeeCee

A horse of course!
I prolly should, the price you quoted is CHEAP compared to what my 18 m/o puppy cost. I'm searching for a nice male....hopefully one will come along that suits me. :rolleyes:
I think I might put a deposit on a litter being bred next month.

TurboK9

I prolly should, the price you quoted is CHEAP compared to what my 18 m/o puppy cost. I'm searching for a nice male....hopefully one will come along that suits me. :rolleyes:
I think I might put a deposit on a litter being bred next month.

:yay:

Well you want to get back into PPD, I'm always looking for someone to trade bites with. :lmao:

DeeCee

A horse of course!
:yay:

Well you want to get back into PPD, I'm always looking for someone to trade bites with. :lmao:

You gotta suit or a sleeve? Just curious, with the grand-kids and the horses we don't compete with the dogs in the working arena any more. I still have my custom harness though. I love that thing. It's beautiful and functional.

Last edited: