Puppy opinions

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Have you though about a labradoodle (sp?). I hear they are great. No shedding and they have the temperment of a lab. If I ever get another dog, I'm going to try that, but I am never getting another dog when Tip goes.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
:yeahthat: as can raisins and grapes.
Macadamia nuts can cause temporary paralysis in the hind legs.

Other potential dangers

Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips (contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning)
Potato peelings and green looking potatoes
Rhubarb leaves
Mouldy/spoiled foods
Alcohol
Yeast dough
Coffee grounds, beans & tea (caffeine)
Hops (used in home brewing)
Tomato leaves & stems (green parts)
Broccoli (in large amounts)
Raisins and grapes
Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Sharon said:
Macadamia nuts can cause temporary paralysis in the hind legs.

Other potential dangers

Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips (contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning)
Potato peelings and green looking potatoes
Rhubarb leaves
Mouldy/spoiled foods
Alcohol
Yeast dough
Coffee grounds, beans & tea (caffeine)
Hops (used in home brewing)
Tomato leaves & stems (green parts)
Broccoli (in large amounts)
Raisins and grapes
Cigarettes, tobacco, cigars

So, basically I should quit giving my dog her coffee, beer and cigarettes and the occasional after-broccoli cigar? She is gonna be real pissed about this........ :killingme

Why raisins and broccoli? My dog loves broccoli with cheese sauce. Just wondering.

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom
Nickel said:
That goes for ALL good natured dogs. My puppy's tail is ALWAYS wagging, and he's gonna start knocking people out with it soon. :lmao:

We have two golden retrievers. They're puppies (very energetic) until they hit about three to three and a half years old and then they mellow right out. Even when they're young, not an ounce of agression in them. Goldens are very attached to their humans, so if you sit, they'll be right there next to you, nudging you for a pat on the head, or a rub behind the ears...or a game of fetch or tug of war.

My kids treat my goldens like playground equipment or stuffed toys for snuggling. They're great with kids and other animals. They DO chew when they're young, though. Even when older they'll pick up your stuff and carry it around in their mouth. But they're smart and loving. I highly recommend, can you tell?

Lilypad

Please don't even consider buying a puppy from a pet store that’s all I ask!
I'd stay away from "free to good home" ads too.
Do your homework, read, Google and ask others-this is a very serious COMMITMENT.
I have 5 dogs-all different breeds, all of which were rescued.
Please consider that option! :kiss:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'm tempeted by a puggle (saw some advertised on the side of rt 5 in Mecanicsville) or malti-poo <EEK> i can't bring myself to pay high $ for a mixed breed though...:ohwell: Anyone know of a FREE one? :lol:
I'm trying to talk Rottncop into a Golden. I love 'em. What is the website for rescue goldens?

Moondog Michael

petfinder.com

happyappygirl said:
I'm tempeted by a puggle (saw some advertised on the side of rt 5 in Mecanicsville) or malti-poo <EEK> i can't bring myself to pay high $ for a mixed breed though...:ohwell: Anyone know of a FREE one? :lol:
I'm trying to talk Rottncop into a Golden. I love 'em. What is the website for rescue goldens?

you can search every shelter in the country and trust me... there are puggles and everything else in there... and yes... you can find puppies. This way you don't have to spend hundreds and you'll save a life. :)