quad cab trucks

Ecofire

I just traded my 01 Mustang for a 06 Gmc Canyon Crew Cab.I couldn't be happier.It gets about 22-26 mpg and has a 5cyl. engine.Plenty of power for anything I am gonna need it for.I have already lifted it 3" and will soon go higher.

bcp

In My Opinion
I have the full size ram quad cab with the 318 cid auto without 4x4.
I bought it new in 2000 but it was a 2001, current miles are 99998 and the only problem I have had with it was the A/C going out at just over 60k.

It pulls ok, and has good enough acceleration, I get 14 around town not towing, and about 18 on the highway.
The back seat area is a bit cramped on my model year for an adult, and the way the back of the seat sets up straight the child seat did not fit correctly.

overall I would say that it has been a good truck and has given few problems. But the problems that I did have with it the dealership tried their best not to take care of.

If I were to be looking for a new truck at this point I would most likely look very hard at the Ford F-250 with the diesel.

or, the F-650 if I were rich and stupid.

RamSRT10

8.3 V-10
Ok, I have a few suggestions for you. Basically, and full-size truck (aka Ram, F-150) are going to get almost the same mpg. My father has an 03 Hemi QC 4x4 Ram. He loves it. Never had a problem, and it has LOTS of power. I would also recommend the Nissan Titan. They have had some reliability issues as of late, but they seem to be fixed. Plenty of power and room with those too. One truck I do not recommend is the Toyota Tundra. It is underpowered, doesn't get very good mileage, and a Dodge Dakota tows more than it. I have a friend with an 05' Dakota QC 4x4 V6, and it is pretty nice, except for the power. You need to get the V8. They are actually capable of pretty good mileage.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
RamSRT10 said:
You've got to be kidding :killingme

30k for a 70% front wheel drive V6 truck? Don't think so.

Not kidding at all... Find me another 4 door truck, with 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive, leather and a sunroof for $28,600 or less that with a good, smooth, quiet ride like a car? I looked for 6 months and didn't find another competitor.

RamSRT10

8.3 V-10
Oz said:
Not kidding at all... Find me another 4 door truck, with 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive, leather and a sunroof for $28,600 or less that with a good, smooth, quiet ride like a car? I looked for 6 months and didn't find another competitor.
You can't technically call the Ridgeline 4x4. It is AWD for the start, then switches to FWD. It doesn't get any better gas mileage than a 2006 Ram Hemi with the MDS. It also doesn't have quite the "get up and go" if you take my meaning.

I'm not bashing you or your truck, I'm just saying they are better choices out there for the money. Many people have gotten brand new 06' Hemi Ram QCs for 19k out the door.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
RamSRT10 said:
You can't technically call the Ridgeline 4x4. It is AWD for the start, then switches to FWD. It doesn't get any better gas mileage than a 2006 Ram Hemi with the MDS. It also doesn't have quite the "get up and go" if you take my meaning.

I'm not bashing you or your truck, I'm just saying they are better choices out there for the money. Many people have gotten brand new 06' Hemi Ram QCs for 19k out the door.

Exactly... I know what you're saying too. As far as trucks go, the Ridgeline is not the most capable in cargo or towing capacity. But you won't find a more comfortable truck, or a better driver.

But you can't get a more complete package that blends the ride of a luxury sedan, with the interior space of an SUV, and the utility of a pickup truck, than what is provided by the Honda Ridgeline.

For a suburban/rural homeowner who sits at a desk all week, the Honda Ridgeline is a perfect vehicle. For a contractor, someone towing a heavy boat or camper, or someone looking for higher performance, the Ridgeline is not the answer.