Question about the Mueller/Comey bromance

Hijinx

Collusion... obstruction... in terms of being investigated, Trump wasn't being investigated for either under Comey's investigation. I ask again, what did Mueller find that Comey wasn't able? Comey had enormous resources, and no investigation of Trump in nearly a year of investigations. In a matter of days, Mueller was able to find something to justify an investigate Trump.

And here's the problem... if Trump is guilty of obstruction, where does that put Comey for not reporting it? This still points to either 1) he lied because he didn't report it, or 2) he's gravely incompetent for not identifying it.

(3.) He is still working for Obama.

Midnightrider

Collusion... obstruction... in terms of being investigated, Trump wasn't being investigated for either under Comey's investigation. I ask again, what did Mueller find that Comey wasn't able? Comey had enormous resources, and no investigation of Trump in nearly a year of investigations. In a matter of days, Mueller was able to find something to justify an investigate Trump.

And here's the problem... if Trump is guilty of obstruction, where does that put Comey for not reporting it? This still points to either 1) he lied because he didn't report it, or 2) he's gravely incompetent for not identifying it.

I don't know what mueller found, but it is likely related to trump's firing Comey and then stating that it was because of the Russia investigation. And that is really the third answer to your problem: 3) trumps interactions with Comey didn't amount to obstruction, but firing Comey and then claiming it was related to an ongoing investigation just might.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I don't know what mueller found, but it is likely related to trump's firing Comey and then stating that it was because of the Russia investigation. And that is really the third answer to your problem: 3) trumps interactions with Comey didn't amount to obstruction, but firing Comey and then claiming it was related to an ongoing investigation just might.

Keep wishing.............

Hijinx

Nothing has been found . The story of the obstruction was a fake news story by the Washington Post.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Interesting. Comey stated 3 times that Trump wasn't under any sort of investigation. Trump wanted Comey to go public with this. Comey refused. Trump fires Comey. Comey leaks memo (illegal!) with the intent of spurring on a special counsel. Special counsel suddenly finds evidence of obstruction because Trump fired Comey.

If that doesn't sound like a vendetta, I don't know what does. Firing Comey isn't obstructing anything. The investigation would have still proceeded without Comey; even as Comey stated in his testimony. Do you think the FBM stops everything when the director is fired? What if Comey died suddenly? Do you think the investigation would have come to a screeching halt?