Raping the bay, 213 illegal rockfish taken

lovinmaryland

Wow...all the way down there. Where do they park? I didn't even know that was a fishing pier.

Apparently they have not "discovered" the two public piers over on White Neck.... I never see more than two or three folks fishing off the River Springs one and almost never see anyone fishing off the one opposite.
They literally just drive around looking for places. We've had several cars pull up at a time to our neighborhoods community pier and just roll out like they're gonna set up camp. We tell them to kick dirt if they don't have a membership card. But alls it takes is one time of someone not being there!

stgislander

PREMO Member
DNR does not mess around! We got a ticket for fishing w/ out a license because it was "not on our person" it was in our back pack 5 feet from us. It wasn't a cheap ticket either it was like $150 or so. Never made that mistake again.

Okay... that is pretty common right there. That DNR officer had to be pissed off about something else and took it out on you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Most we've come in contact w/ have been really cool... this guy definitely had a power trip vibe. Oh well live and learn.

I've had dealings with a couple of the more gung ho "super trooper" types over the years, but managed to talk them down out of their tower before the end of the visit.

I remember one guy came busting in my driveway and headed to the pier and my duck blind at a fast trot because somebody had called me in for hunting waterfowl on a Sunday. LMAO...ran right by me to get out there too. I was working on a tractor. He was 3/4 of the way to my blind when the shooting started again...one of neighbors shooting clays. LMAO. Saw the officer stop..look in the direction of the shooting....shake his head in disgust and slowly start returning to shore. We had a nice chat afterward.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Not sure what it is about the Latinos, but it's not just a problem here.

I was up in DC down at Fletcher's boat house on the river. Some sort of party going on and the place was mobbed. The amount of trash on the ground was numbing. There are trash cans around but evidently nobody there that day knew how to use them.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Not sure what it is about the Latinos, but it's not just a problem here. Years and years ago when I lived on Long Island, Latinos would invade the private beaches, take up all the parking reserved for sticker-ed locals, over-fish, leave dead carcasses and trash everywhere.

They're pigs.
Every summer holiday weekend and a lot of others, Route 5 from 235 to the state park resembles a third world country.
By Tuesday, all cleaned up by the locals.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Wow...all the way down there. Where do they park? I didn't even know that was a fishing pier.

Apparently they have not "discovered" the two public piers over on White Neck.... I never see more than two or three folks fishing off the River Springs one and almost never see anyone fishing off the one opposite.

They park in the museum lot after purging their load at the base of the pier. Sometimes they park on the grass and sleep.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I dropped by Bushwood Wharf to enjoy the view while I ate my fast food Saturday after work. I group of about 6 latinos monopolized the whole "T", blaring music, and one guy had the balls to shoulder a case of Yuengling and walk to the end. I'm glad I have the means to afford a boat.

Is there some sort of DNR hotline to call when you see a violation? The last I checked, alcohol is prohibited in state/county maintained parks.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It continues......

"Continued enforcement at Fishing Creek Bridge in Dorchester County over the weekend resulted in 13 men being charged and 435 fish being seized.

The following men were charged with keeping undersized striped bass, keeping fish over the daily creel limit, fishing in a closed area, and possession of striped bass between midnight and 5 a.m.:

Francisco Merlos Guzman, 40, of Lanham; Jose Francisco Gutierrez, 33, of Annapolis; Jose Aristides Viera, 50, of New Carrollton; Miguel A. Alvarenga, 50, of Hyattsville; Marvin Omar Larios Guerra, 43, of Rockville; Mauro Gerardo Canjura Morales, 53, of Brentwood; Erik M. Guerra, 39, of Silver Spring; Luis A. Gonzalez, 28, of Fort Washington; and Yemi J. Flores Flores, 35, of Annapolis. Also, Jose Contreras, 50, Erick Isai Melendez Romero, 37, Victor Omar Membreno Guerara, 25, and Ramon A. Gonzales, 55, all of Silver Spring.

All the defendants are scheduled to appear in Dorchester County District Court Aug. 16. The maximum penalty on each count is $1,500."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It continues......

"Continued enforcement at Fishing Creek Bridge in Dorchester County over the weekend resulted in 13 men being charged and 435 fish being seized.

The following men were charged with keeping undersized striped bass, keeping fish over the daily creel limit, fishing in a closed area, and possession of striped bass between midnight and 5 a.m.:

Francisco Merlos Guzman, 40, of Lanham; Jose Francisco Gutierrez, 33, of Annapolis; Jose Aristides Viera, 50, of New Carrollton; Miguel A. Alvarenga, 50, of Hyattsville; Marvin Omar Larios Guerra, 43, of Rockville; Mauro Gerardo Canjura Morales, 53, of Brentwood; Erik M. Guerra, 39, of Silver Spring; Luis A. Gonzalez, 28, of Fort Washington; and Yemi J. Flores Flores, 35, of Annapolis. Also, Jose Contreras, 50, Erick Isai Melendez Romero, 37, Victor Omar Membreno Guerara, 25, and Ramon A. Gonzales, 55, all of Silver Spring.

All the defendants are scheduled to appear in Dorchester County District Court Aug. 16. The maximum penalty on each count is $1,500."

How about that? From the names, it looks like every one of them is Amish.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Then there is this guy.

A man accused of catching hundreds of fish over the limit while ice fishing at Mirror Lake has been cited and ordered to pay thousands of dollars, according to Alaska State Troopers.

Troopers got a tip Monday that someone was taking more than the legal limit of fish and transporting them in a 2003 white Ford Explorer, troopers said.
Troopers sighted the vehicle near the Muldoon Road exit on the Glenn Highway and stopped its driver, Choong Il Park, 68, who was in possession of 288 salmon and 70 rainbow trout above the limit, according to troopers.

Park's fishing gear was seized and he was issued a citation for $7,270, troopers said.[/QUOTE]