Real Bible Prophesy, discussed.

Marie

Summing It Up

And universal salvation is not a matter of "force".

If we see and rescue people from a sinking ship and pull some out of the water and save their lives then it is not forcing then to be saved even when the persons never asked to be saved.

When salvation day comes around then everyone will be grateful and no one will complain about being "forced" into salvation.

It is your self that thinks in terms of "force" because that is one of the many Christian orthodox ways of conversion, while God's salvation is a blessed and wonderful event.

And God put the rainbow as a promise that He God would never do that again.

So in that case God did change His way.

And Jesus tells us that is will be better for Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day,

because then on that day everyone gets saved.

I do not reject God or the Bible, but I do reject the orthodox teachings of Christianity because those are wrong.

:shortbus:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

<SUP id=en-KJV-29856 class=versenum>2</SUP>For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
<SUP id=en-KJV-29857 class=versenum>3</SUP>Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
<SUP id=en-KJV-29858 class=versenum>4</SUP>Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
<SUP id=en-KJV-29859 class=versenum>5</SUP>Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
<SUP id=en-KJV-29860 class=versenum>6</SUP>For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
<SUP id=en-KJV-29861 class=versenum>7</SUP>Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. <SUP id=en-KJV-29862 class=versenum>8</SUP>Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

<SUP id=en-KJV-29856 class=versenum>2</SUP>For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
<SUP id=en-KJV-29857 class=versenum>3</SUP>Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
<SUP id=en-KJV-29858 class=versenum>4</SUP>Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
<SUP id=en-KJV-29859 class=versenum>5</SUP>Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
<SUP id=en-KJV-29860 class=versenum>6</SUP>For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
<SUP id=en-KJV-29861 class=versenum>7</SUP>Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
<SUP id=en-KJV-29862 class=versenum>8</SUP>Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

I agree with the text here above, but I say those apply to your self and not to me.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I agree with the text here above, but I say those apply to your self and not to me.
Another way to say: I'm rubber, you're glue...

Must be nice to live in Jimmy's world, where not even his own words apply to him.

Speaking of which, I wonder how that 'campaign' is progressing. He's still quiet, so he must have something big in the works.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

Another way to say: I'm rubber, you're glue...

:killingme That is so true. :killingme And funny too. :angel:

Must be nice to live in Jimmy's world, where not even his own words apply to him.

The "words" came from the Bible as those are Bible text = 2 Timothy 3:2-8, so they are noy my words and not "Marie" words either.

Since those verses are talking about "the last days" then they kind of refer and apply to all of us in the way it states in verse 16 = "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (see this verse 16 in the link above).

But my point was that message in those Bible verses did not signify myself but more-so described her "Marie" (and others) as being the wrong doers.

My message is more correct with the Bible and with Jesus and I preach the love of God while she preaches fear and threats, and that is why those verses apply to her and NOT to me.

I am sure that she understood my point, but your lack of faith is obvious.

Speaking of which, I wonder how that 'campaign' is progressing. He's still quiet, so he must have something big in the works.

This thread is about religion and spiritual stuff and we have plenty of other threads about my politics.

hvp05

The "words" came from the Bible as those are Bible text
Please, don't trouble yourself to repost the verses; we've all seen them. Sometimes you take a snip of several lines, sometimes it's only a few words, but I think you have a total of 5 or 6 quotes you like to show.

I'm not sure if that's all you believe from the Bible or if that's all you've read, but apparently those snips are all you care about. All the other hundreds of pages are insignificant to you, particularly the bits that confirm you to be horribly bad at reading comprehension.

your lack of faith is obvious.
I have faith you are an idiot. For that, I receive validation every day. I also have faith you will lose then disappear in 2.5 weeks, and I'm pretty confident on that also.

This thread is about religion and spiritual stuff and we have plenty of other threads about my politics.
You're ignoring those. :shrug: Besides, Thunder and I had a pleasant chat yesterday, which may have been the first time in more than 250 posts that this thread wasn't a total waste of space.

Marie

:killingme That is so true. :killingme And funny too. :angel:

The "words" came from the Bible as those are Bible text = 2 Timothy 3:2-8, so they are noy my words and not "Marie" words either.

Since those verses are talking about "the last days" then they kind of refer and apply to all of us in the way it states in verse 16 = "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (see this verse 16 in the link above).

But my point was that message in those Bible verses did not signify myself but more-so described her "Marie" (and others) as being the wrong doers.

My message is more correct with the Bible and with Jesus and I preach the love of God while she preaches fear and threats, and that is why those verses apply to her and NOT to me.

I am sure that she understood my point, but your lack of faith is obvious.

No your either lying or not listening! I always say God wants tear filled converts, not fear filled. You should come to Christ out of appreciation not out of fear.
Many have come from fear and latter developed an appreciation as they spiritually have grown though.
To say your more accurate in your understanding of scripture though with your false teaching and denying the plain text of scripture and the churches historical interpretation for over 2000 years is wrong just because you say so. Be afraid very afraid, the first clue is when your understanding of Jesus is different than the men that were there with him. Well it makes you look foolish to say the least. Then when it goes against what scripture teaches.

I have no more time for your nonsense, I have CS Lewis to study for the next six weeks.
Latter Screwtape!

thunderclapp

JP's Favorite Heckler
What instrument/music do you play?

I am mainly a singer and I accompany my singing by playing guitar. I'm pretty good at rhythm guitar but I never became a lead guitarist. I still hope to get into that. I need to spend more time with it.

I do popular stuff from the 60s to the 90's. Typical stuff most acoustic performers do in the pubs but I try to do stuff people wouldn't expect to hear or haven't heard in years. I usually don't do my originals and reserve them for recording.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

No your either lying or not listening!

There are other alternatives.

As I do not lie, and I do hear your message, and the true other alternative is that I reject the mean and hateful message of a monster of a God that burns people as its vile form of justice.

It is not my hearing as it is your own message that is dead wrong.

Be afraid very afraid, the first clue is when your understanding of Jesus is different than the men that were there with him.

Yet I have no such fear at all, and the empty threats of your violent God has absolutely no power against me.

hvp05

So Jimmy, given your multitheism, do you follow the ancient Pagan religions, such as Druidism or those of Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece? They were largely nature-based belief systems, which is not a big leap from other ideas you have professed.

If you do follow them, will you be consulting your Oracle pre-election for advice? Or, perhaps, offering a human sacrifice as a classical Druid would have done in order to appease the gods to your desire?

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Mr Short-Bus.

So Jimmy, given your multitheism, do you follow the ancient Pagan religions, such as Druidism or those of Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece? They were largely nature-based belief systems, which is not a big leap from other ideas you have professed.

If you do follow them, will you be consulting your Oracle pre-election for advice? Or, perhaps, offering a human sacrifice as a classical Druid would have done in order to appease the gods to your desire?

It must be said that I am first and foremost a Christian so every other doctrine must come alongside and in accord with Christ.

So Jesus said this: "All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." KJV, Matthew 23.

I do not know much about the Druids as if they sacrificed people or not but the red words above tell me not to do that even if I follow Druid preachings.

I do like the ancient and modern religion ideal of Shaman-ism which is equivalent to the Bible prophets and intermediaries with God and spirits.

And yes I like the nature-based belief systems as those are completely compatible with realistic Christianity.

As to the old Greek and Roman Gods they appear to be stories about the giants and person-gods from the Bible Genesis 6:4, so we can take the moral strengths from the Greek / Roman Gods but do not do as they did - per what Jesus said in red above.

So I will not be doing any pre-election sacrificing or consulting oracles, and I am already content and happy about the election day results regardless of what happens or whatever the vote might be because my success is in the action and not in the results.

The Hindu Gita explains it like this: one must do what is right regardless of the consequence because the right action is the true sacrifice.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Hi.

Perhaps the best and most striking prophesy in the Bible is this one by Jesus (Yesu);

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
KJV, link.

Here is the "sign" of the end times, and that also means that "this gospel" is NOT preached in the whole world until the end times.

That verse says the "gospel of the kingdom" and that is NOT any such gospel of going to Heaven or burning in any Hell - no. That is NOT a gospel about believing in Jesus and being saved - no. The gospel of the "Kingdom of God" is about the kingdom to come "on earth as it is in heaven".

And there really are other "gospels" as in Mark 1:1 link which is the starting of the gospel about Jesus, and then on in verse 14 Jesus is preaching His gospel of the kingdom.

So there are the popular gospels that preach about Jesus as the gospels of Jesus, but when Jesus preached than His gospel was NOT about Himself as Jesus preached another gospel about the Kingdom of God.

There really is a big difference in preaching about Jesus - and preaching the message that Jesus preached.

Wow, I looked over this post above and I really got this right-on.

:getdown: