Renters

luvmygdaughters

I'm happy for you. People can be so deceiving. We even had a check run on them, and they said they were good to go. Come to find out the company we had run the check on them, didn't actually run the check. I should have done it myself. MJCS. They're there.

We rented for a while before deciding to buy a home. We never left the placed trashed, paid our rent and utilities on time and even improved some features on the houses. The house we purchased was a from our landlord. Dont know how people can live in filth, especially with kids. Would you want to put their names on here, just so future landlords will know who they are and be forewarned!

black dog

Free America
We even had everything covered, in the event something broke. They didn't have to pay for anything to be repaired, and they didn't even do that. We're hoping we won't have to replace the floors. That's still an unknown. We're waiting to see if the guy working on the house can get rid of the dog piss odor. No, they were not supposed to have pets.

I have been through the dog pee problem myself, I talked to the local service master Co and he told me to go the the pet store and get a few gallons of Enzymatic cleaner for dog pee and avoid the pee remover products that had bleach in them.
I bought a 4 or 5 gallons at 50 bucks a crack, I used a backpack sprayer and just hosed down all the wood floors a few times..

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We rented for a while before deciding to buy a home. We never left the placed trashed, paid our rent and utilities on time and even improved some features on the houses. The house we purchased was a from our landlord. Dont know how people can live in filth, especially with kids. Would you want to put their names on here, just so future landlords will know who they are and be forewarned!

sent you a message.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I have been through the dog pee problem myself, I talked to the local service master Co and he told me to go the the pet store and get a few gallons of Enzymatic cleaner for dog pee and avoid the pee remover products that had bleach in them.
I bought a 4 or 5 gallons at 50 bucks a crack, I used a backpack sprayer and just hosed down all the wood floors a few times..

Fortunately, it's just in one room, and the garage.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Fortunately, it's just in one room, and the garage.

I poured a few gallons of bleach on
my garage floor and scrubbed it with a broom and let it sit for awhile. Then later hosed it out. Never another problem with it.

MR47930

Rented 2 homes as an adult before we bought a house. I was in my mid-twenties at the time and when we moved out both landlords said that it looked better than when we moved in. Always had the carpets professionally cleaned and scrubbed every surface top to bottom before moving out. I wanted my security deposit back really bad! How some people live in filth I'll never know. What do they do when they have guests?

I've heard many horror stories on renting and when it comes time for us to move again (we plan on building a custom home on family property eventually) I told the wife if the housing market is down and we can't sell then we ain't moving because damn if I'm renting.

MR47930

Me, too. Typically it's a month's rent and you'd think people would want that back.

Yea I think mine was usually 1 1/2 months rent! That's a lot of beer money. Not only did I want it back I would be mortified for someone to walk in my home and see the place is a dump.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Me, too. Typically it's a month's rent and you'd think people would want that back.

Considering what they did to the house, they made out, even leaving without their deposit. The deposit covers a months rent, which leaves nothing for the repairs we have to make.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes. They're out now, and they left a mess, didn't pay their final rent, left us with a 400.00 water bill, and the elec company said they owe them over $1000.00. What I don't get is why the utilities weren't turned off after the first month wasn't paid by the time the next billing cycle came around. Anyway, we're making repairs and we're dropping it well below market just to get out from under it. There goes the neighborhood!

I hear ya. After too much of that exact crap, I took over all utilities except for phone and cable and rented "utilities included" to avoid the extra hassle. Later, after an extensive repair/remodel we looked at how nice the apartment was again and said "eff it..no more renting" We use that one as a guest apartment for family and friends and now have only one renter left..and he takes great care of that place. No more new rentals for me.

MR47930

Considering what they did to the house, they made out, even leaving without their deposit. The deposit covers a months rent, which leaves nothing for the repairs we have to make.
Take their asses to court!
Friend of mine took her tenants to court with pictures and proof of non-payment. Judge decided in her favor and put the tenants on a "payment plan" of some sorts to recoup the bills. Don't think they made her whole, but it was close.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Take their asses to court!
Friend of mine took her tenants to court with pictures and proof of non-payment. Judge decided in her favor and put the tenants on a "payment plan" of some sorts to recoup the bills. Don't think they made her whole, but it was close.

I did that a couple of times and won easily; a) I had all the necessary documentation and b) the plaintiffs never even showed up. In only one case did the former renter meet the court-stipulated terms of the settlement. Winning is one thing..collecting is quite another.

MR47930

I did that a couple of times and won easily; a) I had all the necessary documentation and b) the plaintiffs never even showed up. In only one case did the former renter meet the court-stipulated terms of the settlement. Winning is one thing..collecting is quite another.

Good!
Yea, I believe the friend of mind who did the same had to do ALL of the investigative work. Meaning she had to track down their new address so they could be served with the papers. She even had a rental agency, one would think they would do all of the leg work in situations like these. What the hell is the point if they dont help out in times of need, do they just sit back and collect checks?

Good!
Yea, I believe the friend of mind who did the same had to do ALL of the investigative work. Meaning she had to track down their new address so they could be served with the papers. She even had a rental agency, one would think they would do all of the leg work in situations like these. What the hell is the point if they dont help out in times of need, do they just sit back and collect checks?
You just answered your own question. Why work for it if you don't have to?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Winning is one thing..collecting is quite another.

and this is why I won't take them to court. These people wouldn't have a pot to piss in if it weren't for lack of due diligence and kind hearts. I told her that she's lucky she doesn't live in a box under a bridge. She told me that as long as there are people like me, she'll never live in a box under a bridge. She's right. As long as there are people that she can take advantage of, she will.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
and this is why I won't take them to court. These people wouldn't have a pot to piss in if it weren't for lack of due diligence and kind hearts. I told her that she's lucky she doesn't live in a box under a bridge. She told me that as long as there are people like me, she'll never live in a box under a bridge. She's right. As long as there are people that she can take advantage of, she will.

Monello's tenants did that - preyed on his good heart and charitable nature. Screwed him out of a good bit of money and left the place a wreck. Now it's strictly business, handled by a property manager that has no pity and doesn't want to hear any sob stories.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Has anyone tried the housing unit on base for renters? We had considered fully furnishing our in law apartment to rent when the power plant is shut down and a retired military man suggested we contact the housing office on base as there are higher ranking military that come here for weeks or months at a time and are looking for lodging nicer than hotels.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Didn't any of you landlords get landlords insurance? Seems it would be prudent to have coverage for tenant caused damages,

MR47930

Screw that! I consider myself a nice guy but once you mess with my chit that goes out the window. Take them to court for nothing else than to inconvenience them and let their record show they are sh*tty people.